Wednesday, June 30, 2021

WOYWW 630: Wendy's show

 

It's Wednesday and that means it's time to join Julia at Stamping Ground.  

It stays light so late these days, it's hard to tell that it's really Tuesday evening in my world.

The only thing on my desk today is a wooden rocker.  I have dozens and dozens of wooden rockers and they are all different.  The reason my desk is devoid of any project is because I'm going on vacation soon.  Friday in fact.  Not to worry.  I'll be by to visit everyone before I leave.

Julia likes to keep things short and sweet, 

so I'm going to turn things over to Wendy.  That way, Julia can be mad at her, not me!  This is the caddy Wendy guards, so go for it, Wendy! 
 
BTW, for those who didn't know, I created Wendy 12 years ago for the first WOYWW anniversary. It was the first time I stamped on fabric. I stamped her face, then stuffed and sewed it in place. I added a few long hairs because I have very short hair, but bangs that come to or below my eyebrows. I then cut the bodice out of fabric and the skirt out of some very heavy cloth I had. I used the ONLY stencil I owned at the time to write the letters down the side of her skirt. I have a friend who made a real cloth doll she didn't like and when she deconstructed it, she got rid of the arms and feet.   I took them home where they would do some good.  Wendy has been everywhere with me over the years, from the grocery store to the bakery, the florist, the voting booth, and the ATM to name a few. She looks pretty good for 12, I think.

Yes, my name is Wendy and I am E's alter ego.  I'm also a lot cuter, too!  I guard the tools on this desk.  There are scissors, needle nose pliers, an architect's scale (I think E calls it a drafter's ruler), and a new gifted ruler that tears paper in awesome ways.
 
A peek inside the caddy shows different types of sponges, several paint brushes, and a paint tray palette.  Inside the baggie you'll find various stencils, including several sizes of punchinella (sequin waste).
 
Occasionally, E finds items she didn't remember she had, like this bleach pen and the water brushes.
 
There are loads of pockets around the outside.  Just so you know, these "nail files" are for sanding art, not shaping E's long nails.  She also has a plethora of old faux gift cards she uses to spread paint on paper.

I seem to be digressing.
 
Pencils, pens, and toothbrushes for spattering paint take up this side. 
 
There's even a tiny mirror in the mix.
 
I hope you enjoyed this look into my caddy of shame.  I think Wendy did a good job of describing the contents, although she forgot the side opposite this one.  Please join Wendy and me at Julia's, where you'll meet tidy, messy, product laden, enablers of craft supplies, and the sweetest and most generous people on the planet.


 

41 thoughtful remarks:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the alternative view according to Wendy this week Elizabeth, Enjoy your holiday! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #9

Helen said...

Morning Elizabeth - and Wendy! Hope you have a good holiday. Helen #11

Elephant's Child said...

Yet another fun post. Have a wonderful vacation.

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, Wendy does a great reveal of the caddy, I must say, and I agree, I think she’s doing marvellously for her age. I remember her arrival and how she made me swoon (again) at how you combine stitching and stamping to such effect. Meanwhile, if a caddy can reveal a lot about a person, ….the sponges, the packet containing stencils, old gift cards and toothbrushes….immediately tells me your a mixed media gal, although I can’t come up with a use for the little dental mirror….unless Wendy likes to have it about so that she can check herself out now and then!

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. I have a few caddies on my crafty table at the moment, but planning to get it all organised and put into a few of the new cubes, leaving the table mostly clear. I can easily get out what I need for a crafty project. It will be good to have more space to spread out papers etc. Ali x #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Thank you Wendy for a very informative tour around E’s tool caddy, your commentary was spot on and made me smile! I often find things I’d forgotten about as well, it’s like discovering hidden treasure all over again. You’re looking pretty impressive for 12 , there’s still many good years ahead of you gal!
Hugs LLJ 14 xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your desk-top caddies look very well organised, Wendy does a good job! I still haven't got through all the layers on my table! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

It was so good of Wendy to show us around today. I'm sure Wendy is looking better than me after 12 years of crafting lol.
Hugs,
Annie x #16

Lynnecrafts said...

I love your alternative view by Wendy, Elizabeth. I don’t follow rules either, and like a nice long blog. I hope you have a really good holiday.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 22

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Wendy is doing a grand job keeping all those mark making tools in order, mine are all here there and everywhere. I need a Wendy to help gather and keep them in place. Enjoy your vacation Elizabeth & take good care.
Happy WoywW Tracey xx

aussie aNNie said...

Great post. x

Diana Taylor said...

I love Wendy's tour of the desk, she's still looking good and hasn't aged at all - what's her secret I wonder! Lovely to have a nose is amongst all those intersting caddies and see what other people collect, and it's always a bonus when you find 'lost' stuff.
Thanks for the heads up about my link not working this week, goodness knows what I did but I think I've fixed it now!
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #21

My name is Cindy said...

Hi there Elizabeth thanks for stopping by!! I was looking at some photos of a house yesterday and there was a beautiful rocking horse in the fire alcove (about the only good thing about th house!!) and I immediately thought of you. Lovely to see Wendy taking over the blog this week - can hardly believe she is 12 myself!! Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindy xx

My name is Erika. said...

It is nice to meet Wendy. I'm glad you introduced her since I didn't know you back in 2012. And it is always fun to see your desk. Yours is so much more organized than mine right now. I really need to clean it off, again. And hope you have a great trip planned and you share some photos with us when you get home. Happy end of June. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Always fun to see Wendy. She seems to be able to corral all your stuff. She needs to come here to help me keep my desk tidy. Safe travels.

Crafting With Jack said...

Tell Wendy - good job! I have not heard of a bleach pen before, but I can see wonderful potential. Amazon perhaps? Happy WOYWW Angela #7

DVArtist said...

Great post. Lots of things always going on at your place. Bleach pen, hmmm I have never heard of those. Have a great day today.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wendy 😉 I love the look of E's desktop, prepared she is for every arty situation. Elizabeth happy and safe holiday ✨

Neet said...

Well Wendy, that was a lovely revealing reveal you did for Elizabeth. I thought the bleach pen was a figure - just look at it and you will see what I mean. I don't know what an architect's scale is - or a drafter's ruler either so I will go and look iup as soon as I finish here.
I thought I had managed to get a lot of things in my bag the other day but I think you two have beaten me with this little lot. So handy though to have by your side - almost a tool for every job inside there.
BTW tell Elizabeth I too have bangs that just sit on the top of my glasses. Just had a tyrim so before that it was like looking through a net curtain.
Hugs to all
Neet xxxx 10

Divers and Sundry said...

I enjoyed Wendy's tour :) She sounds like a fun companion.

BJ said...

Wendy - you rock girl!
So good to find you here after my absence. Still when I see a rocking horse I am reminded of you and your passion for them. The clock shadow photo was a totally serendipitous moment. Thanks for the visit BJ#25

Felicia said...

Elizabeth, I certainly got tickled at Wendy's antics this week! You have LOTS of goodies stashed in that caddie! I'm always finding things I didn't know or didn't remember I had! LOL We won't discuss that problem right now! LOL Have a lovely holiday! Blessings, Felicia#30

Lindart said...

Loved Wendy's post today! I love all the close-up pics, great idea that I might steal someday! Have a wonderful holiday!
Lindart #34

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I was wondering about Wendy's past - if she was created for the first anniversary, that would make her 11 years old though, not 12! I've checked out your eco-dyeing posts - I like your results with the rust - though from the sounds of it, I need to look into the safety aspects of working with rust. I'm planning to try fabric as well but I suspect it's easier to get good results on paper because of the density of it. The advantage of submerging it in the liquid rather than steaming is that you get the tea-dye effect as well - I didn't want prints on just plain white card - I wanted something more grungy. But of course, it will be fun trying it with steam as well and compare the results. Have a great holiday and thanks for your visit! zsuzsa #31

Robyn said...

Give Wendy a mike and she takes a mile! Enjoy your vaca! Robyn5

Caro said...

Nice to see Wendy again and to hear from her about your caddy. I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#29)

Shoshi said...

Hi Wendy, I think you did a great job deputising for Elizabeth this week. You have certainly retained your good looks over the past 12 years, and are doing an excellent job guarding Elizabeth's craft room. I also have a Caddy of Shame which definitely needs sorting out as part of my great studio reorganisation! I love the latest rocking horse which is so cute and chunky looking. I also love that crinkly ruler - never seen anything like that before!!

Thank you, Elizabeth, for your visit - and for your sweet words and encouragement about my upcoming operation. Although I have got some strips of Friendly Plastic, I haven't used them, and have only used the pellets. They are quite small, and white. When you melt them in hot water they first go like frogspawn, and then clump together. You can press this into moulds. If you don't like the result you can melt them again. They are brilliant, and take paint really well.

My computer is pretty much back to normal now. The only time I have to enter a password is on the first visit back to a site - once I've done it, it gets saved on my hard drive and gets auto-filled on subsequent visits. Obviously with a new hard drive, it doesn't have a memory of what I did before on the old one. Eventually things will be normal again, especially for frequently-visited sites.

I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the kitties' baby photo once more! We took a lot of photos on that day when we first went to see them and to sign formal adoption papers. They were 5 weeks old, and it was agony having to leave without them, and having to wait till they were 9 weeks old before we could collect them! I won't tell Bleubeard - anyway, he knows that in your eyes, he is the most beautiful kitty in the world. I'll say the same - don't tell Lily and Ruby, haha!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #26

StampinCarol said...

Wendy gave a great tour! I see we have many of the same tools!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Carol N #4

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Thanks for the explanation about the rust, Elizabeth. I can see how that could be dangerous. I think I read somewhere that you could even get blood poising (sepsis) through injuries from rusty nails, etc. I'd better be careful!

Olde Dame Holly said...

Have a wonderful vacation! I hope you find some cute things for your art! Add them to that overflowing caddy and Wendy will have some new things to guard!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Wendy always nice to see you. Just you behave when Elizabeth is away and don't go making a mess either. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x23x

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hahaha I loved the trip around from Wendy's viewpoint.
( I take it you live in the PNW) ( I am in the bottom of Or.) and nope, most of the homes here do not have AC. ( I have a window roll up one in a finished room over the garage ( where all the toys live) and second one in the dining/kitchen/living room.)

Have a good Trip Elizabeth, hope it is a good one. ~Stacy #33

Spyder said...

I love your Lillipop summer is coming trees! and all the desks this week look amazingly busy and quite unlike mine, which is just hiding a mess!
Keep Crafting, Stay Safe, I got your email thank you!! Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #6

Stacy Sheldon said...

:) No Worries, I was just thinking you lived closer than you really do. I have met some people from different sites that do end up in Oregon either live here or on a trip so, if the wind ever blows you this away holler. ~Stacy

Lowcarb team member said...

This was a fun post, thank you :)

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wendy has done such a god job! So much to keep in order!! Hugs, Chrisx

Marit said...

Wendy sure did a good job talking to us and explaining all the tools - I never heard of a bleach pen... I used bleach with a brush once (wearing an old t-shirt!) but a pen sounds so much easier to use. Thanks for the tip! Enjoy your weekend lovely one, hug from the Netherlands! Marit #13

Jeanie said...

I always love seeing what's on your work space! Wendy made a grand tour! Have a fabulous time on your vacation, Elizabeth. Stay safe and well and enjoy every minute!

Susan Renshaw said...

What an interesting post. Love to see all the interesting things - from the rocker to Wendy to all the bits and bobs!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #24
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the tour, Wendy! You're a good friend to watch over E's supplies while she's off on vacation. Hope she brought you back something special. Creative Blessings! Kelly #32

Empire of the Cat said...

Thanks for introducing Wendy, and I love your rocking horse. Very interesting to see what all is stashed in your caddy, lots of useful tools for sure. Happy belated WOYWW! Elle #35, EOTC