Saturday, June 26, 2021

Index Card A Day: Days 20 through 26

 

It's Saturday, which means for the next two months, it's time for my latest Index Cards.  I work one day early so I can share these cards each Saturday.

Day 20: Summer Solstice; winter, meet summer.  Wrapping paper, tissue paper, decorative cardstock.

Day 21: Silent movie star. Watercolor background, book page, female face, sticker provided with old blank VCR tape.

Day 22: Blue.  Found word, two security envelopes, gifted punched circle.

Day 23: Stars. Foreign book page background, gifted fussy cut paper dolls, tissue paper.

Day 24: Houseboat.  Acrylic paints used on both the house and the boat, ransom type letters, watercolor pencil, felt pen.  I cannot tell a lie.  I stole borrowed this idea from a collage created by Cindy McMath.

Day 25: TriLingual. Dictionary page, Spanish to English dictionary, Eiffel Tower from a travel magazine, words cut from a paper doll.

Day 26: Do not drain this swamp.  Watercolor image, computer generated text.

Bleubeard and I would like to thank you for stopping by to check out these ICADs.  As you may know, this is the only place you will find them on the internet.

 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful ICADs today, my fave is the house boat, Bleubeard Bounty, what a fun idea! Have a great weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

WOW. I particularly like the last.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, you are so creative! I still have no idea yet - but my brain is working. Love the movie-card, bet you know why.
No, they´re all great!

junemac2 said...

Your work is incredible my friend. WOW !! so very different too. I think my faves are 21, 22,24 and the last one with watercolour. Loving the collages and that fab little VCR sticker really took me back a few years. Awesome as always.

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for your sweet comment and we are all artist in our own way, your post today and your garden below is incredible as always so interesting. Loving the last one. xx

Barbara said...

Small works of rat, each one delightful and thought-provoking! In its simple way, I also love the house boat.

Barbara said...

Holy moly, that was supposed to be “art”, not “rat”. Computer got me again.

CJ Kennedy said...

Hard to pick a favorite, but I'll go with Blue

Olde Dame Holly said...

The good ship Bluebeard Bounty! Aye Aye, Cap'n Bluebeard, it's a great index card indeed! They all are!

Divers and Sundry said...

Especially love that solstice piece and "Blue".

Jeanie said...

The snowflake/sunshine piece and the "Do NOt Drain this Swamp" call me this time around.

My name is Erika. said...

These are your specialties I think. They are always so much fun to see and very clever too. I wonder if Bleubeard would even like a boat (smile), but I love the Bleubeard Bounty. The envelope inside in blue looks so cool also. And that is a great picture for the swamp. Actually, they are all wonderful. Hope you are having a great Saturday. Heat is returning here after a couple of nice weather days. It is suppose to be miserable by Monday. stay cool. Hugs-Erika

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful assortment again Elizabeth. I love winter meet summer - that pop of bright orange sun goes so well with the complimentary blue. And of course - house boat! Such fun! They are all great. Oh and I am envious of the patterns you get in your security envelopes! I get very little mail since I do most of my banking and other business online now - only occasionally do I get anything noteworthy.

Rain said...

I love these, they are lovely, especially the last one! :)

Mae Travels said...

Looking at patterns that are normally overlooked is neat -- like the insides of security envelopes, or the pattern of type in an unfamiliar alphabet. Interesting art projects!

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

These are just beautiful Elizabeth. You have so much talent.

Linda Kunsman said...

Love how diverse these ICADs are , and so creative! I am loving the solstice card but then the house boat is quite charming, and well, I do love Paris. The watercolor art is really lovely too.

craftytrog said...

Another wonderful selection of ICADs xx