Sunday, June 27, 2021

Monday Murals: Unknown Abstract

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.  

I was walking around downtown one day and ran into this mural tucked into what may have been a window in a former life.

I tried to learn more about it, but there was nothing after several internet searches.

I couldn't even learn anything about the artist, whose name or initials I thought could spell CAST or CASI.   In lieu of any information, I'm calling this Unknown Abstract.   I can't even tell you exactly where I was, since I wasn't there looking for murals.  I just know it was in Old Town in Wichita, Kansas (USA).
 
On a very different subject, my heart goes out to all those waiting on news about their loved ones in the Surfside condo collapse in Florida (USA), near Miami Beach in the early morning hours of June 25.  It appears rain, fire, and high winds have hampered rescue efforts.  My thoughts are with these individuals waiting to learn about the fate of their loved ones caught in this horrendous collapse.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for stopping by today.

 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Great name for a great mural in a perfect place.

Crazy. On the same date tornado destroyed 7 villages in Czech Republic. We usually have no tornadoes. The world is running nuts. Not only weather wise.

Elephant's Child said...

The mural is great.
I share your concern for those affected by the Condo collapse - with thanks for the emergency workers.

Valerie-Jael said...

I like the abstract mural! was very shocked to see the house that collapsed on TV, what a tragedy. Awful for those who were killed, and for those hoping for news of their loved ones. Hugs, Valerie

junemac2 said...

Its a beautiful Abstract painting and immediately catches the eye. Great pics of it my friend. The Florida disaster is also very much in the news here in the UK. Its terrible and we are all watching, waiting, praying and hoping for good news for those waiting for news.
Hugs June x

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That was a nice discovery Elizabeth. The colours are interesting, it has the look of indigenous colours to me. Yes indeed the Miami building collapse was horrendous, I can only imagine how dreadful for those who live there and their families 💛

My name is Erika. said...

That is a beautiful abstract piece. It is nice to see something different in the mural world. It almost looks like a scene underneath the top blue lines. So maybe it actually has meaning other than the colors? Either way, it is beautiful. Hope you're having a good weekend. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Very cool mural. There's even a yellow brick road to follow!

Sami said...

Great find Elizabeth, love the colours of this abstract.
The Miami building disaster is very sad, I hope the rescuers find more people alive. So many disgraces happening all over the world!
Thanks for contributing to Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Mae Travels said...

It's so hard to learn about outdoor art of many kinds. I was just thinking about this in my post today -- the most well-known works of art are product logos but they are frequently anonymous, or maybe made by a committee.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

A nice way to fill a space with beauty instead of just boarding it up.

Tom said...

...somethings are almost impossible to learn about, I wish that people would sign their names! Chalk it up to unknown file!

Jim said...

I like it.

aussie aNNie said...

A stunningly beautiful mural.
The world is falling apart. xx

Jeanie said...

That's an interesting mural. It says a lot.

Birgit said...

What a great abstract that covers the indentation of a previous window. Maybe you will see more of this artist. You never know. Yes, the condo collapse is horrible. I don't think they will find any more alive but I hope I am wrong. I wonder what the results will be once all the findings become clear about this condo. We have our own hell here in Canada, about a month ago, on a previous indigenous school(basically the kids were taken from their home and forced to live in these homes to be schooled and trained the "correct"way), run by Priests and nuns, 215 bodies have been discovered in unmarked graves. 2weeks after, a similar school has been found to have over 750 bodies!! It is cruel that they were just placed in a grave and that was it. I truly hope, sadly enough, that maybe they died in the 1918 flu pandemic or during polio etc... but I wonder. They have not been exhumed yet but this feels like genocide to me.

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Elizabeth you find the coolest murals-I think your comment on my T only partially came through-strange lol

magiceye said...

Cool abstract.

craftytrog said...

Beautiful!