Monday, June 28, 2021

Butterflies on Parade

 

I'm once again joining Art Journal Journey and our host Mia who has chosen Butterflies as her theme this month.  

This will be my final Butterfly entry at Art Journal Journey this month.  For lack of a better title, I called this Butterflies on Parade.

I love how these butterflies can't be caged.

Glitz and glitter, along with foreign text, add to the beauty of this entry.

The little bird adds a bit of mystery.

Sewing adds the final touch.

I started this page with a sheet of my Staz-on and isopropyl alcohol background on 110 lb cardstock.  To that, I sewed the focal image to the background using variegated thread and added the butterfly gifted me by Sharon Madson.

Thanks beyond belief for dropping by today.  Bleubeard and I are really grateful for your visit and also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey where you still have a few more days to share your Butterfly journal pages. 
 




18 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful and yes, they cannot get caged like this, luckily.
Love the bird, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, Elizabeth, butterflies need to be free, people, too! Love the added sewing. Have a great week, take care, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Simply, eloquently gorgeous.

My name is Erika. said...

I love the glitter and glitz. It adds so much detail. This page is quite romantic. The big butterfly (monarch?) in the middle is a beauty. I like the paper too with the bird cage. Nice last page for AJJ. It's hard to believe we are almost at the end of June already. Hugs-Erika

Annie said...

A beautiful journal page, Elizabeth. I love the subtle background design with the glitzy overlay edges and the butterflies all flittering around. Such a pretty main butterfly. The bird refuses to blend into the background so he’s got his glitz suit on. Love the stitched framing also. Time is flying by!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the composition of this piece. Pretty, and butterflies was such a great subject for this time of year, wasn't it!

Birgit said...

I love your beautiful page with the mystery sparkly bird to all the butterflies that are roaming free. What a lovely page.

Trillian As said...

I love your page.

Mae Travels said...

Did you ever see the images made of collages of butterfly wings made by the French painter Jean Dubuffet (1901-1883)? I guess at that time -- he made the collages in the 1950s -- butterflies weren't endangered, so it was ok to collect them. Now it would seem to be irresponsible to collect all those innocent and pretty creatures. So your way is the good way.

BEST... MAE AT MAEFOOD.BLOGSPOT.COM

Halle said...

Lovely butterfly piece.

aussie aNNie said...

Great post and full of wonderful butterflies, really nice colours and love your cute images. . x

Mia said...

The most beautiful page! Butterlies fly free on the romantic background. I simply love it, Elizabeth. Thank you, my friend, for joining again my challenge at AJJ.

Sami said...

Love the butterflies and all the glitter :)

Meggymay said...

The butterfly borders look gorgeous, the central image looks beautiful and stands out from its framing at the sides of the page.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

elizabeth; this is soooooooooo coooooool !!! :) ♥♥♥☺☺☺ late in posting; work issues...again ~~~~ hope all is well

CJ Kennedy said...

So pretty. It would make lovely gift wrap

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is so pretty Elizabeth, lovely shimmer to catch the beauty of the Butterfly. I'm glad to see they would never be caged. The large Butterfly is like the Mother leading the way. Beautiful.
Sorry i'm late to visit, MIL has not been well again.
Take care Tracey xx

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page, I love the added sparkle! xx