Wednesday, May 26, 2021

What's On Your Workdesk this 625th Wednesday: three desks?

 

It's time to once again join the Queen of Desks, the inventor of the most unique acronym, and my friend, Julia at Stamping Ground.  I'll try to keep it short today.

Things are back to normal in my craft room. Wendy is once again hanging out in the eyesore tool holder and enjoying time spent on my main work table.

There's action at my sewing machine where paper is sewn to paper using variegated thread.  You're now looking at my sewing and cutting desk, since my guillotine cutter, which you can just barely see on the left side of the photo, shares space with my sewing machine.

Finally, the desk which holds my die cutter, a gift from my shopaholic friend Kathy, was the reason for the massive clean-up two weeks ago.  This used to be my mailing desk.  It is where I weighed, taped, and mailed packages when I was hosting swaps. I found a better use for this desk, I believe. Although I don't have the part that is needed for embossing,

you knew I wouldn't forget to show rocking horses.  These are very, very special rocking horses.  They were sent to me by our dearly departed friend Shaz (Sharon) Silverwolf

Please join me at Julia's, where I'm sure a few of us are guilty of voyeurism. I suspect everyone knows to please leave your number if you are coming from Julia's. BTW, if you are visiting from a different social media site than a blog, I will not be able to leave you a comment, even though I will visit. 
 
Although I'm sure some of us will know a bit more about our P.I.F. partners next week, I will not be able to play.  I host a monthly event known as Second on the 2nd.  I had considered combining it with WOYWW, then thought it would be too confusing, so decided to just play host on the 2nd.  Not to worry.  I'll be back on the 9th for WOYWW 627.


38 thoughtful remarks:

Sarah Brennan said...

Fabulous dies and so like Shaz to send them to you. Have fun with the new toy - hope you get an embossing mat for it soon. Happy WOYWW. Stay safe. Sarah #2

Helen said...

have fun with the die cutter! the rocking horse dies look just your thing. Helen#4

Neet said...

So good to have that view of your room - it seems ages since I saw all the things you are showing this week with the hanging line for all the deliciousness,
Loved the rockers, obviously - and Wendy although she did feature the other week in more of a close up. Now I see your sewing machine where all that delightful stitching takes place.
Hugs, Neet x xx 1
ps still being botted

Iris Flavia said...

Love the horses, especially the one with the heart.
My Singer sure bugged me last Monday.

Elephant's Child said...

Your desk looks MUCH more organised - and beautiful than any of my work spaces.

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dear, every Wednesday I am reminded that my desk is still an unholy mess! You look well sorted and arranged. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It’s just lovely to see you as and when you can make it! Wow to that gift from your friend, you’ll make good use out of that. I don’t think I dare sew card on my machine, it would have a hissy fit, lol!
HUgs LLJ 10 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, they are lovely dies and so perfect for you. It was nice to see Wendy out and about again last week and obviously now she is having a rest from all the excitement. Hope you have a lovely creative woyww and get to use those lovely dies. Hugs, Angela x19x

Diana Taylor said...

I love your spacious work room and I envy you the luxury of different desks for different tasks - nothing puts me off sewing quite so much as knowing I have to lug the machine out from under the table, untangle the wires and set it all up! I love the little rocking horse dies - they will be a lovely reminder of Shaz whenever you use them, she was one special lady wasn't she.
Have a good week,
Diana xx #25

aussie aNNie said...

Nice and clean desk, oh and your sizzix is out, well done. xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love all those little outfits hung up around your room! How cute are they! I think we all have something that Shaz sent us - and we will always think of her when use them! Once she sent me some folders when I wrote on my blog that I couldn't get any and she wouldn't even let me pay for postage! Happy #625! xx zsuzsa #26

Annie said...

I always love the view of your room showing all the little dresses on the line.
Hugs,
Annie x #15

Annie said...

It’s always fun getting a peek into an artist’s playspace. You are so well organized. I love that. The rocking horse dies are so sweet. What fun you will have with them and remembering your friend while you create with them.

Crafting With Jack said...

I am intrigued by the clothes hanging up in your workroom, do tell me more! Who can resist a rocking horse? I would love one of those Victorian ones with a flowing mane. Happy WOYWW Angela #12

My name is Erika. said...

Its looking nice and clean and ready for some productive art making Elizabeth. And I like how your sewing machine is in your studio area. Mine is in my dining room. And both my sewing machine and my happy place are messy right now as I've been doing outside things. I love those dresses hanging on your wall by the way too. Have a great Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful craft room so organized and tidy. Cool die cutting machine, too. Love the rocking horses.

Divers and Sundry said...

You are admirably well-organized :)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, Elizabeth you’ve a die cutting machine, I hadn’t caught up with the news and well done on you desk for it, I love it, but those cute rocking horses from our kind and wonderful ShazSilverwolf. Love them, you must get the embossing mat it really finishes off dues so nicely.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, nice of Sally to pass on the Big Shot, this involves ma huge amount of possibilities! How like Shaz to send you those RH dies...I think of her every time I rifle through my ink pads because we had so many discussions about which we prefer for what job and so on, so to see your dies makes me feel that she really did leave us with a useable legacy. I love the wonky houses your sewing onto the printed page, one of my most favourite dies, although I don’t use it much tbh. Great idea to put the text behind it. I think you were wise not to combine the two ATC demands, whew, it gets complicated enough!

Robyn said...

Shaz was on my mind this anni. You do keep busy! Robyn 29

Lynnecrafts said...

Cute rocking horses from Shaz. Did you mean your 2nd jab? Hope you’re ok
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7

craftytrog said...

I seem to have missed a few of your posts Elizabeth. I'm sorry for that. I have bursitis lump on my elbow, so I'm having to type left-handed.
I love seeing your wonderful craft space. The rocking horse dies are perfect for you, and what a lovely die-cutter!
Alison xx

Jeanie said...

I love seeing peoples' work spaces. If I ever clean mine up, I might join in!

Shoshi said...

The paper sewing project looks most intriguing, Elizabeth, and how absolutely lovely to have some rocking horse dies from Shaz! Special because from her, and special because - well, rocking horses ARE special, aren't they! Thank you for your sweet comment - I'm so glad you enjoyed my post. So much to celebrate! Thank you for your anniversary wishes, and also for a good result for my biopsy.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #24

da tabbies o trout towne said...

sadly; what's on my desk...IS work

{ at work sneaking around blogland ..again ;) ☺☺♥♥

Caro said...

So lovely to see your room in all its glory. Those rocking horse dies are so special aren't they, so typically thoughtful of Shaz. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#22)

Susan Kane said...

Your dedication to this awesome creations is amazing! And your supplies, that is incredible. Also, I love the Singer. Back when Singer's machines had more metal than plastic, they were workhorses. I learned to sew on a Singer Featherweight.

Stacy Sheldon said...

Ooh I am smiling on your behalf Elizabeth, that looks like a fun thing to me. The rocking horses are so sweet. ~Stacy #32

Lisa-Jane said...

How fabulous to have a gift from Shaz. Can you not run embossing folders through your Big Kick? Or do you mean you need a squishy mat to be able to emboss with the dies? I picked one up quite cheaply a few years ago so I hope you can get one (although I’ve never used it!!) Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

DVArtist said...

I would so love to visit you just to play in your art room. Have a great day today.

Scrapthology said...

What lovely gifts and you are so lucky to have a gorgeous space for your crafts.

Helen said...

Your atc arrived TODAY! no 3 weeks you were worried about!! thank you.

roffeycreations said...

Hi Elizabeth, Beautiful rocking horses - and your sewing hanging on the wall - really cosy - hope you have a great week - Cheers Maurs xxx #38

My name is Cindy said...

Oh I had forgotten about the dresses!! Do you hope this is going to be a regular comeback now! How thoughtful of Shaz to send you those dies. Thanks for your visit. Have a good week, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs Cindyxx #23

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, great your managing to keep your craft room tidy still! Everyone I create something my workspace gets so messy ...lol 😉. I loved seeing you creating using your sewing machine too and those rocking horse dies look amazing! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Heather M said...

Hi Elizabeth, I love the shots of your craft room. Singer sewing machine takes me back a while - my mother had one that she loved. How sweet of Shaz to send you the rocking horses. They are special. We bought my older grandson a rocking horse when he was 2, and he's now 8, and won't let his mother part with it. His younger brother used it, and they are both way too big for it - but still they keep it! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will probably decoupage the wooden box and then figure out what to keep in it. Tassimo is a brand of fresh coffee pods - but they produce so much plastic waste! Have a lovely week, Heather xx#17

Lillianb said...

Lovely space to craft. looks like a smart sewing machine. [nor used one for years lol ] Love those dies, I have so many, but not these,

Have a great time till you are back at WOYWDW and hope all goes well,

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #13



Empire of the Cat said...

I've been admiring your sewing machine. I like "old" machines, and I have a couple that look around the same age. I much prefer them to the computerised ones which will not obey my commands lol whereas the manual machines will allow you to stitch things that the computerised ones refuse. Looks like you have a great space there and three desks? Fantastic! Happy WOYWW! Elle #35 this week