Thursday, May 27, 2021

Rain's Thursday Art Date: Cupcakes

 

It's Thursday, so that means it's time to show my contribution to Rain's weekly Thursday Art Date.  This week the theme is Cupcakes.

I always love to buy a big chocolate cupcake that I can eat on my birthday.

It appears I like to use the same napkin and place mat

when my birthday comes around.

I also love Banana Oatmeal Crunch.

Back when buffets were actually acceptable, I got two corn muffins, which are similar to cupcakes.

These were candy corn cupcakes.  No, I didn't make them.

I loved these gingerbread muffins.

I had a coupon for buy six very expensive cupcakes, get six free.  I shared the coupon with my friend Sally, who got all the good ones before I had time to choose (I was busy taking photos).  Each of these cupcakes was $4.00 (USD) and I swear they were NOT worth even half that.  What was the deal with the candies in the center of each cupcake?

This was a carrot cupcake.  It went well with springtime tea, too.

When youngsters stayed with me during the summer one year, the youngest made these for the birthday celebration.

These are blueberry muffins I purchased when I was having a tea and coffee party at my home for a few friends.

Now for a bit of art.

This index card was created in 2016.  The sentiment reads "Things aren't always what they appear to be."  The double stick tape was not double stick at that end, and the beach scene actually featured cupcakes and cookies.

This was a blueberry muffin tape transfer over the recipe.  I created it in my altered cookbook.

Finally, my dear friend Kayla Fujimoto sent me this wonderful collage art.  Love the postage stamps she used.  She was sixteen at the time.  I hope you can read the sentiment!  You can tell how old this is because my old metal table had very little rust on it at the time.

All photos were taken by me, all art, except Kayla's cupcake was created by me.  Bleubeard wants to know if it's possible to make catnip cupcakes. 
 
Thank you beyond belief for stopping by.  I am truly grateful to you, my dear friends, followers, readers, and lurkers for visiting.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Rain's Thursday Art Date.
 


21 thoughtful remarks:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What a wonderful post with all the delicious cupakes and with your pretty table decorations and dishes. As you can see again it doesn't always have to be the best if they look expensive and that way. So beautiful this gift of collage art from your friend and also your great journal page!
Happy day, hug Elke

Elderberry-Rob said...

Cupcakes are clearly very important in your life, looks like you have a regular supply coming in, I think Bluebeard should definitely have catnip cup cakes, Mollie was given a catnip Easter egg this year (fake chocolate/safe for pets) so anything is possible.

Elephant's Child said...

My heart aches for Rain.
Some of the very best things in life are chocolate - and a huge sigh at those very expensive cupcakes which were not worth the money.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, what a wonderful display of cupcakes for all occasions. And you have inspired me . a friend is coming this afternoon, so I will bake some! Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Love your napkin-placemat-match :-)
My SIL presented me with placemats that have a pocket for cutlery, same pattern, too.

Oh, that is cute-overload, LOL!

I think we don´t have double-stick tape! Do we? Love the tape transfer.

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet post and sweet treats. Your table settings are so pretty.

My name is Erika. said...

All these muffin and cupcake photos (I agree, muffins and cupcakes are close enough) are making me quite hungry. My breakfast shake just isn't doing it now. Smile. Hugs-Erika

Cathy Kennedy said...

Elizabeth,

The only time I liked cupcakes was when I was little. I'm sure when I had them they were made with a box mix and they were just perfect. Cupcakes are decorated pretty, even fancy making them awfully tempting to buy but I know it's rouse and won't taste half as good as they look. Maybe it's the steep price that keeps me curtailed from wasting my money and causing me to say, "See I told you so". I prefer muffins to cupcakes. Muffins have more personality, better variety, and real honest to good flavor. If I want cake then I'll make a big one usually from scratch but occasionally I'll pull out a boxed cake mix which aren't too shabby. We can slice a piece that suits the eye...DH's piece is always extra big. :D I would like to have a really good chocolate cake now. *sigh* That Rain has been messing with my head this month with all of her foodie art prompts. lol

Curious as a Cathy

Christine said...

You have made me so hungry with these cupcakes, dangerous theme haha.

ellie said...

Now I'm starving! So lovely!

Linda Manning Findley said...

"E" your post makes me hungry and I love all of them ... now to go get me some at the bakery ... lol

Hugs
Linda

Divers and Sundry said...

Delicious! That pitcher you have the lemon water is looks like a real treasure.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, all those cupcakes are making me hungry ...lol 😉. Fabulous art index cards too - gorgeous!. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Gillena Cox said...

Beautiful collage and yummy cupcakes.
Happy Thursday Elizabeth

Much 💚 love

da tabbies o trout towne said...

at 4.00 each, those cupcakes better have SANG happy birthday !!!

great post today Elizabeth, for some reason; I'm craving cake ☺☺

bleu and squiggles; we hope sum one; sum time; makez cupcakez for CATZ...

fish flavored ;) ♥♥♥☺☺☺

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Wow you really ventured into all versions of "Cup Cake". And some that looked delicious, you said they weren't. Looks can surely be deceiving :) So I read your friends "Hay There, Cup Cake" on your last picture ... a very sweet 16 year old, I'd say. And how old is she today? I hope you are still in touch. So Bleubeard didn't get into the picture this week ... he doesn't like cupcakes? Or, he just doesn't get cupcakes. So I love your Chocolate Cup Cake in the beautiful china cup ... oh yum for both. You do know how to celebrate a Birthday. Ice cream cake is what everyone likes here and I can't complain about that... but I sure do like the looks of that Chocolate Cup Cake. I guess I better go before my stomach overrules my brain and I run out for a Chocolate cup cake ... See you next week :)

Olde Dame Holly said...

Now I'm very "hongry" for cupcakes as they said back home! H O N G R Y ! I love that "cherry" on the cupcake your friend made!

Tom said...

...what an array of cupcakes. With the Pandemic candles go on a cupcake to be blown out in our family. Have a sweet day.

Jeanie said...

Those cupcakes look delicious! And so, too, are you table settings for them. I haven't had a cupcake in awhile-- i could use one now!

NatureFootstep said...

lol, lots of cupcakes here. :) I too love the chockolate ones :)

Rain said...

Your cupcakes look so delicious Elizabeth. I love that you buy yourself a chocolate cupcake for your birthday!! I LOVE candy corn...the cupcake looks amazing! Your art is so wonderful! :)