Sunday, April 11, 2021

Snoopy Knows

 

It's time to once again join Erika, aka BioArtGal and Chris, aka Pearshapedcrafting our hosts this month at Art Journal Journey.  Our theme is Inspired By (Eileen). 

I'm dancing in the street with Snoopy and Woodstock.
 
These two are so joyful and happy.

Snoopy has very good advice, too. In case you can't read it:
Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it will always get you the right ones.
A little bling never hurts.

A little gold never hurts, either.

I started this page, which I created on 110 lb cardstock by seeing where to change the colors on the background based on where the colors on the card lightened.  I painted the top yellow and the bottom green using watercolors.  While the cardstock was drying, I removed the sentiment from the top of the recycled card.  I also computer generated the sentiment I created and colored it, also using one of the watercolors.  I then placed the glittery thread behind the card using glue dots.  I positioned the card on the background and adhered it in place.  I then added gold fluid acrylic paint around the sentiment and dipped a new pencil eraser in the same paint to create the dots at the top of the journal page.

This is Day 11 of 22 and I recycled an old Get Well card and glitter sewing thread that is too thick for my machine top stitch and bobbin.  I turned them into a journal page for Art Journal Journey because I was Inspired By recycled and repurposed materials.  Thank you so very much for your visit today and your support of this project.  We are now half-way through this recycling project.  I hope you have found something that inspires you to recycle, too.
 

22 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Snoopy is so very right - and I would gladly dance with him and Woodstock.

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun page with a very true sentiment! Enjoy your Sunday, take care, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Well done!
My Mum always used to say, "only a real friend shows you the mirror".

sheila 77 said...

Oh no! Halfway through already! I'm so enjoying your recycling theme. I like the way you have twirled the glittery thread to follow the idea of Snoopy and Woodstock dancing and the words on the green framed with the gold looks really good. And the matching painted background. The whole piece is so joyful and all made from recycled materials. Love it. Love it all.

Barbara said...

Adorable page and sentiment!

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a happy page on a dreary, rainy day

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a happy page - I love it! Woodstock and snoopy look superb with the wording, so true - fabulous 😀. Thanks for the smiles and happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x
p.s. just sent you an email, hope you received it ok. x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh! Snoopy and Woodstock, love them both and this page is a sparkling joy to see! The best kind of friends for sure!
Since our food order messed up we have been told to expect a delivery....between 8pm and 9pm tonight!!! At least there's plenty of space in the freezer and the refrigerator to store things! Hugs, Chris

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I am a Snoopy fan, and I especially like his current message! Lovely treatment. I always enjoy seeing your process. Have a great week ahead.

Carola Bartz said...

I love your happy Snoopy and Woodstock! Where I live we honor Snoopy a lot because Charles Schulz lived and died here and did a lot for the community, including building an ice rink. There is also a wonderful museum dedicated to Schulz - worth a visit.

Mae Travels said...

You make me think of my mother who always recycled art materials. A favorite was shirt cardboards — something I doubt really exists any more.

My name is Erika. said...

I am a big fan of Snoopy so this page makes me happy. I love that he doing his happy dance with Woodstock. I also like how you recycled an old card. That words great for your Bearthday. Hope you had a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Annie said...

Snoopy and Woodstock are a perfect example of dance like no one is watching. This page expresses feeling carefree. It’s fun watching your recycling journal pages. I should remember to put threads on some journal pages. I have so much thread that will never otherwise get used. I love the sentiment. The right friends are the only kind worth having.

Rita said...

Cute and a most lovely saying!! ;)

Rika said...

fun page, I love snoopy and woodstock.

aussie aNNie said...

AHHH Snoopy not seen one for ages.xxx

Meggymay said...

I am so behind with my visiting and catching up, my head is still walk about.
Great inspiration posts and recycling and Snoopy did make me smile.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I love Snoopy. A card worth saving and one worth re-imagining!

Divers and Sundry said...

Such a happy page! I'm smiling :)

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Elizabeth! I love Snoopy! xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I too am smiling :)
A wonderful page.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Who doesn't love Snoopy? I fell in love with him a long time ago, and his little friend Woodstock too. A walk with the two of them at a jaunty angle like they are displaying would cheer anyone up. Thanks for making me smile.
Hugs, Neet xxx