Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Abstraction

 

It's been awhile since I've created abstract art.  Of course, I'm also joining Erika, aka BioArtGal and Chris, aka Pearshapedcrafting our hosts this month at Art Journal Journey.  Our theme this month, as I'm sure you know by now, is Inspired By (Eileen).

It actually started out a bit more abstract, but once I saw a face, I couldn't "unsee" it.

I see Blogger is playing games with my alignment again, as well as my font size, which NEVER changes.  To avoid frustration, I'll share some close ups and leave you to interpret them.






I created this using 110 lb card stock.  The bottom colors were watercolors I tested on the page.  I liked them there because it looked like a shirt once the face was finished.

Thank you so very much for visiting today.  I appreciate your stopping by and checking out this pseudo abstract I created.  I also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey where I was inspired by Eileen and my love of abstract art.

 

 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I like the face very much! Really "cool"! I´d sure hang it on the wall (if I had any space left, LOL.)

Yes, blogger. So sad they don´t change it back to what it was. Annoys me often, too. Especially with video-alignments.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful face Elizabeth! Blogger bleibt Blogger! Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

What fun - love the eyelashes.
I do hope you are starting to feel better now.

kathyinozarks said...

fun art Elizabeth

orvokki said...

Nice-looking painting.

Annie said...

I saw the face, of course, right away. No kidding that it’s hard to unsee something that you already see and your mind follows that thought. Then you added the shirt and now it’s a whole head. A whole abstract head. Full and fun and color bringing smiles to all who see it.

My name is Erika. said...

I can see lots of things in this abstraction. Besides the face. That's why it is such a fun page. You got some great depth to the eye also. And used happy colors. This is perfect for AJJ and inspired by too. Glad you shared it with us. Hope you're having a good week. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

I love how you created this abstract page and the eye looks as if it can see everything. great colours as well.
I am off now to have a catch up, I think I have missed loads of inspiring art here this past week.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Interesting! I like abstracts, and I like your composition, the white space, the colors... Nice!

Jeanie said...

As art goes, I'm not an abstract fan. But I do love color and I especially love these colors together -- so maybe I'm more a fan than I think!

CJ Kennedy said...

The face made me smile!

Mae Travels said...

After they redid the user interface on Blogger, I had trouble for a while, but now I can mostly make it do what I want it to do. I don't quite understand where your difficulty is arising. Doesn't the pull-down menu labeled tT control font size when you specify it? You must be finding something that has not happened to me.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Cindy McMath said...

I love this fun creation!

Rita said...

Abstracts are fun and this one is full of color! Blogger messes with me all the time now--fonts, paragraphs, picture placement--you name it. Grrr!

Olde Dame Holly said...

The face reminds me of a mime's face at a festival!

sirkkis said...

Wonderful abstract page!
Happy rest of April, be in safe hands xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a great abstract contribution with the laughing eyes and mouth.
A crying and laughing eye that comes to mind.
Have a good day, Hug Elke

craftytrog said...

I absolutely love this Elizabeth, it's so bright and fun! xx

DVArtist said...

I love this face!!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous face - cheered me up instantly (I'm just tired!) Hugs, Chrisx

sheila 77 said...

Oh gosh, Elizabeth, I love your abstract face so much. (I came here after reading about it in your diary today). Picasso would be jealous I'm sure.
It has great colours and placement. Haha! the watercolour testing makes a great shirt. I'm fascinated.