Friday, March 19, 2021

Friday Smiles 413: Something to smile about

 

It's Friday, which means it's time to join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) along with the wonderful ladies at Friday Smiles.  I almost didn't link again this week because they didn't complete my physical at the clinic last week.  It appears Friday is the day they do that and they normally schedule surgeries during the rest of the week.  Last Friday they had an emergency, so I went home with them telling me to come back today and to expect a long wait again.  Since several people were in the waiting room at one time, the staff would come out when one person left and clean the chair and those on either side of where the person had been.  It was very professional.  I just wish they were a bit faster, but again, I'm definitely not complaining.  What it DOES mean is I'll be late visiting again today.  I'm hoping today isn't as long as last Friday was.

However, I finally have a reason to smile this week.  I spent two days helping my foodie friend Sally clear out much of her scrapbooking supplies.  She gave me anything I wanted and bagged the rest to send to the Goodwill (charity shop).

Right now I have a mess and am not sure where everything will go.   I'm certainly not complaining, though.  This is just the one container I could carry home.  My friend Scott will have to bring the rest.  At one time, the above container was full.  I brought only things I knew (or suspected) I would use or have room for.

The Galaxy gel markers had never been opened.  They were fun to play with.  I've already used them in my calendar.  In addition to the gel markers, are ink pads, two stump (smudge) tools, and a stencil brush.

My new watercolor pencils have had a workout over the past few days.  These I like, but I have decided they are better for detail work and I'll use my watercolors and water soluble crayons for the larger areas.  I used these watercolor pencils on the shamrock I created for T Tuesday and my Sunshine journal page I shared on Monday.
 
Note the dusty inks (to the right of the pencils) that are still in their protective coverings.  I unwrapped and opened one to see if it still had enough ink to stamp and it did.

I didn't realize these pigment inks, none of which I had opened at Sally's, wouldn't show up better through the plastic container.  They had so much dust on them from sitting for years on end, I didn't bother dusting the backs because I knew the dust would be taken care of when I removed the protective covering from each of them. 

Also never opened, still in their plastic coverings, were a gold and a black ink pad.  I'm not sure about the gold pigment ink, but I suspect the black dye ink will be fine.

In the top drawer are more colored pencils.  These are not water color pencils.  Paper pads and a Coluzzle knife are here, too.  Then there is some glass accent paint which was part of the Anna Griffin 12 X 12 inch pages that sit on the bottom of this first (top) container.  The pre-made mats were also part of the Anna Griffin collection.  There are several 3 X 5 inch pads of designer paper and a pad of 6 x 6 inch designer papers, part of a K&Co collection.  There were smaller ones, too.  

What took up much of the second container were the stencils (on the far left) that were part of the Coluzzle system.  I removed and nearly threw away the foam pad that is part of the system.  It was already in my recycle bin when I learned it was needed for the stencils and knife to work properly.   
 
Sadly, the top sheet of the acrylic stamps is missing.  Not sure if these will work or not.  Note the vine, which is a rub-on, and the box with daisies below the stamps.

These stick on embellishments were inside that box.  There are lots of different things, but the butterflies are not exactly my style.  However, I DO plan to use them this year.

In the bottom container are a few rubber stamps.  All of these shown are wood mounted.  There are a couple of sets from Stampin' up, but most are from well known stamp companies.  Many of these are not my style, but I absolutely LOVE the covered bridge and the floral stamp set that has also never been opened.  Those of you who know me, know I prefer red rubber wood mounted stamps.  They work well for me and I get good coverage.

I haven't had a chance to look closely at these, but I'm fairly certain they are not my style.  And I have no idea if the black pigment ink pad, still wrapped in plastic, will have enough ink in it to stamp anything.

All I can hope is Sally hasn't gotten into these and removed one of the protective sheets from the stamps.

The final container in this drawer holds lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of 1 inch square decorative papers.  I don't know how scrapbookers use them, but I plan to use them in backgrounds in my art journals.  Just as soon as I get some glue and gesso, that is!
 
I told you I finally had something to smile about.  I hope I didn't bore you.  I'm just over the moon with all these wonderful things I'll be turning from scrapbook supplies into art journal supplies!  
 
Now let's head over to Annie's our beloved host.  And whatever you do, please don't forget to start your weekend off right with a few Friday Smiles of your own.  If you would like to play along, Annie would love to have you join us.  Remember to stay safe, wear a mask, and smile. Yes, people will know you're smiling, even behind the mask.


26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, what a haul! I think I would like a neighbour like Sally! Have BIG fun with your new things. Hope all goes well at the hospital. I need to go to the doctor again, too. Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I HATE waiting at the doc, and especially certainly these days. Hope it goes fast and smooth for you...

Oh, wow, that´s like Christmas and Birthday together!
Lucky you, you made me smile very big!
Ohhh, it never ends, LOL! How cool is this! It´s a galore, by now I´m giggling!
Thank you for such a start in the day!

Elephant's Child said...

Oh wow. Lots and lots of creativity and fun ahead. I do hope it all went well at the clinic today.

Let's Art Journal said...

Hope your appointment went well today! Wow, all of those crafting goodies look fantastic, so nice of Sally to gift them to you following her clear out - yay 😀. Thanks for the smiles! Take care and wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Barbara said...

You now have enough supplies to open a shop! It will be great to see how you create with them all. Thanks for thinking of me with the course details. I will check it out ASAP!

craftytrog said...

Wow! What a treasure trove of craft stuff. Looks like the kind of things I used to buy when I first got into paper crafting, and watched a lot of QVC. Lol! My style is somewhat different now, and I gave away a lot of stuff to my young nieces.
I hope all goes well at the hospital today.
Alison xx

Mae Travels said...

Sallie really offered you a bonanza of art and craft materials. It looks as if a lot of those things are in really good condition, too, so you will really have fun trying out the unusual ones or those that are different from your usual.

I hope you are able to complete your medical appointment and that you get a good bill of health.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lisca said...

I hope your medical appointment went well this time and that you didn't have to wait too long. I have learnt to knit socks from waiting in waiting rooms.
Wow, that is a lot of scrapbook supplies. I recognize several sets as i have/had those myself. I used to order a lot through QVC back in the day. I still have most of my Anna Griffin stuff as that is quite nice. I also have the stamp set in the last photo which I have used a lot for card making.
Well, good ol' Sally! And lucky you.
I'm sure you will use those supplies in a totally different was, but it will be fun nevertheless.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Olde Dame Holly said...

Sally is so generous. I recognize a lot of the items, and remember when Stampin' Up was in its heyday. Around 1996 I would say. They created so many wonderful things for the artist. What a great haul. You will make many beautiful pages with those for sure.

Annie said...

What amazing new stash to play with. Lucky you.
Hugs,
Annie x

Divers and Sundry said...

Jackpot! This was a win for you both :)

kathyinozarks said...

I agree Wow and huge Jackpot of crafting supplies for you So wonderful of your friend to think of you first. Have fun using all of these wonderful goodies.
Hoping your day goes fairly fast at the clinic Happy Friday and weekend Kathy

mamapez5 said...

Wow. That's like Christmas and Birthday all rolled into one. You will have such fun 'playing' with all your new stash. The ink pads should all be fine. I have pigment inks from when I first started papercraft some 20 years ago, and they are still going strong. I love Stampin' up stuff, but it is hard to get over here, and bit over priced compared with other very good makes.
You enjoy trying it all out anyway.
Hope today's clinic appointment wasn't too long.Kate x

My name is Erika. said...

What a bonanza. You are lucky to have Sally and Sally is lucky to have your help. That is a lot of new toys you showed us, and if there is more that need to be carried over, it will be like you have a whole new studio. Even if some things are not your style, I am sure you can find a way to use them. I find there is something relaxing about cleaning out art supplies, certainly not like any other cleaning there is to do. Hope the doctor's appointment(s) go well today and you don't have to return again. Hugs-Erika

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow! that's a brilliant collection of goodies. I agree with you about red rubber stamps. The only time I started to come to terms with the clear stamps was when I got the stamp press, before that I really had problems with them. I hope you'r friend is clearing all this out to start a new hobby. I had to smile at the 1" squares of paper as I have a load of those too and can't for the life of me why I bought them or how you were supposed to use them so I'd love to see what you do with them. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, Elizabeth you are going to have loads of fun with all this wonderful newish stash, a veritable treasure trove, that’s for sure. I’m looked you, I like my stamps mounted.
About ten years ago I did uncounted some but mostly have kept them mounted.
I don’t have miles and miles so room not so much an issue, however my crafty space most definitely needs a spring clean even though autumn here, but one are at a time.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

one irrational bean said...

Great presses. I am sure you will make good use of your new supplies. Enjoy.

Kimmie said...

Hi Liz!
Kim Strukel

Sandra Cox said...

You came back with a treasurer trove.
Have fun.

Rita said...

OMGosh! I can see why you are over the moon with all these wonderful new products to play with!! That was a wonderful gift from Sally! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I do hope your appointment went well.
That is a lovely lot of crafting goodies, you will enjoy using them.

All the best Jan

Sami said...

How lucky are you with all the new goodies from Sally. I'm sure you will put them to good use with your crafting.
Hope the Drs appointment went well.

RO said...

Wow! All those things look so fantastic, and even better, they were all FREE! I just picked up a few containers to pack up some things to put in storage, and it was clear too! Yay!!!! Hugs, RO

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful and generous haul. I wish I could find someone here who would help me go through my stuff like that and take what I won't be using again. Everyone wins.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I hope everything went well at the Doctor's office. Great assortment of craft items you got from Sally.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Elizabeth - an early Birthday present for sure! A lovely set of goodies - I do have clear stamps from a couple of companies and of course freebies from magazines but red rubber wins for perfect stamping! I am still using a gold ink pad from about 10 years ago so hope your 'new' pad works! Hugs, Chrisx