Saturday, March 20, 2021

A rose by any other name

 

I'm back joining my dear friend Sheila, who many of you know as Orange Esmeralda, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is A Single Flower.  It's also time to welcome spring in my world and autumn in the southern hemisphere where several of my internet friends live.

What I love about Sheila's art is, she doesn't ask us to use words in our art journal entries.  As much as I love quotes, there are times when no words are required.

Sometimes all you need is a bit of glittery variegated thread,

a bit of masking,

a bit of bubble wrap, and clear Stickles.

For this page I found in a calendar, I first used bubble wrap and several index cards to mask and create the "dew" on the rose in several spots.  Once dry, I sewed around the rose.  Since my feed dogs don't drop, I had to do the best I could, while staying away from the Stickles.

Thanks once again for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We are truly grateful you stopped by.  We would also like to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Sheila's single flower theme.  And of course, I'm welcoming the changing of the seasons, too.


16 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful rose and stitching. x

Elephant's Child said...

That rose and its dew drops is simply glorious.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love the rose and the stitching. Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

It´s beautiful, if sad as a white rose here means someone has passed.
Oh, shoot, remember that too big dress? They advised me to keep it as it would be too expensive to send back to China. How to make a dress smaller?! Argh. Sewing machine waits.... LOL. Or... "LOL"...

My name is Erika. said...

The thread works perfect on this big white rose Elizabeth. This flower doesn't need a quote at all. Funny how some pages need a quote to complete them and some wouldn't be complete if you added one. Happy first day of spring. Hurrah! Hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

Lovely in its simplicity!

sheila 77 said...

Masking, bubble wrap and Stickles - again, how inventive you are to enhance this lovely white rose. I like your stitching too and that is a beautiful sparkling thread you are using. And I enjoyed your photographs as always.
I rarely add words to a piece of art and appreciated this one.
Thanks for another great piece for our theme at AJJ.

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever use of bubble wrap. Just beautiful

Jeanie said...

This is really lovely -- and so elegant.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Beautiful, looks so fresh with the dew. The pretty thread zigzagging around is a wonderful touch.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Gorgeous art piece Elizabeth.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Absolutely beautiful and perfect for Sheila's theme,Hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

Lovely! and your stitching always adds just the right touch.

craftytrog said...

Simply stunning, and great use of the bubble wrap!
Alison xx

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is stunning.

Neet said...

That is one of the most beautiful roses i have seen in a long time. I love the idea of the stitching that you used and the way you thought so outside the box to add other elements to your journal page.
Hugs to you and Bleubeard.
Neet xxc