Saturday, March 13, 2021

Bloom

 

I want to start by sending an apology to all my readers, visitors, followers, and lurkers.  I won't be around today to visit, but I sincerely hope to be available late tonight or early tomorrow morning.  I know that means I'll have been late visiting two days in a row, but sometimes life takes over and can't be helped.  Now let's join the scheduled post.

It's time to once again join Sheila, aka Orange Esmeralda, at Art Journal Journey where she is hosting this month.

Sheila's theme is A Single Flower.  And because Try it on Tuesday's latest challenge is Say it with Flowers, I'm once again joining them, too.
 
This single tulip will soon be in full bloom.

It's even found a place to wait for the full bloom to occur.

It's a very happy tulip.

I, on the other hand, decided to play a bit with my bloom.  I know Sheila likes to manipulate the colors of her images, so I decided to try that, too.  I actually like how this turned out.  I especially like how the shadow on the right side was enhanced.

I started by sewing orange copier/printer paper to red cardstock.  This background was originally intended for Red, my previous journal page.  However, when I began laying out the grid, most of the page was covered with other papers.  I set the sewn page aside until I found a tulip that I copied on printer paper using my window as a "light box."  I then colored and fussy cut the tulip.  I adhered the S&H Green Stamps to the page, along with the word Bloom, created with a new red gel pen I hand printed on a piece of security envelope.  For once, I didn't use variegated thread in my machine, but pure red.

Thanks once again for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We are truly grateful you stopped by.  We would also like to see you at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday with your take on these two flower inspired themes.  Bleubeard can't wait to smell the tulips that will soon be arriving in my yard.


20 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That is simply gorgeous - but tulips are one of my favourite blooms.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I love this!
And please ... don´t apologize. Blogging is supposed fun, no?

sheila 77 said...

This is just perfect for the challenge theme, Elizabeth, a Single Flower which is definitely the Star of the Show.
I had not thought of stitching coloured paper to coloured paper - but I will now. It works really well instead of glue which can often go a bit wayward and ripply. I wondered what the stamps were at first and they look very happy to be part of the tulip show. Nice work with the word too.
There are lots of ideas here I haven't tried. You are an endless inspiration.
Love from Sheila

sheila 77 said...

Also meant to say I enjoyed seeing your colour changing experiment, isn't it fun!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tulip page Elizabeth. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I really like this piece. Orange was a great color to use, and the tulip pops right off the page. Lucky you to have that nice block of green stamps too. They work with the green of the tulip. And of course the stitching is a great border too. I'd say this page is a beauty. Hope all is well and you have a nice weekend. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A wonderful idea with the tulip to bring it into your journal page and the seams and the other part.
I like it very much.
Have a beautiful weekend, hug Elke

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous page! The orange and red colours made me so happy and you fussy cut that tulip so perfectly 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Sandra Cox said...

How clever and so pretty! I remember green stamps:) My mom saved them faithfully.
Hope all is well.
Have a great weekend, dear Elizabeth.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Elizabeth! I love this and your little play to change the colour! Spring Flowers are the best! Thanks for another fabulous entry at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs, Chrisx

RO said...

Something about one single flower has always intrigued me, and it seems simply romantic. Totally adore this! Hope you're doing well, and that all is okay. I sent you an email yesterday to check on you too. Sending lots and lots of hugs. Please be safe! RO

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful page and a promise of Spring. It can't come quickly enough for me. take care.

Rita said...

Very pretty! Love the simplicity. And S&H stamps--oh my! Been many years since I've seen those. :)

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I love this so much. Simplicity in elegance.

Jeanie said...

I bought pink tulips this week, so you can imagine I'm especially fond of this piece!

Cindy McMath said...

This is a beautiful page Elizabeth!

Mrs.B said...

A stunning Tulip Elizabeth, looks wonderful against the red background.
Thanks you for all your support at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

Divers and Sundry said...

I love this color tulip against that bright background. The contrast is perfect.

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous tulip! xx

Annie said...

I sure do remember saving the S&H green stamps, pasting them in the little books and redeeming them for something....anything! They now make a nice base for this wonderful single tulip. I love the intense splash of colors contrasting to show off the tulip. I’m fairly new to art journaling so I need to remember to toss in some stitching on my pages occasionally. I love how it looks on your pages.