Sunday, March 14, 2021

Monday Murals: A Catholic Church Icon

 

t's Sunday, which means it's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, I believe Sami's mural link will go live at 11:01 a.m. my time today, because we in the States will be on Daylight Savings Time by the time Sami links today.  

I stopped by this Catholic Church on the way to another destination, because I was told there was a mural here.  Although I was looking for it over the top front of the building, it took me a minute to find it.

 
It was obvious I needed to get closer.
 
It's located on the east wall to the north of the main entrance.  The artist is unknown,  but these are beautiful ceramic tiles.
 
I'm not sure about the religious icon, but I suspect it's the Virgin Mary with child.  It's located at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church.  The church is located at 2355 North Market in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  And, if you live in the States, don't forget to set your clocks forward, hopefully you did that before you headed to bed last night.

And for those of you who live in the States (because we know how to write our months and days)

I hope you are served some 3.1415926535 today!



21 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the mural. We are still on daylight saving time and will be until Easter. I will be very glad to see the end of it.

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a beautiful panel! I'm still in bed, 'enjoying' tea, broth and water. But I am slowly feeling better. Take care, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I only have muffin in the freezer, but a π - maker we have, too, sadly shops are closed here on Sundays... Enjoy one for me, please, do?

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful mural of the Virgin Mary and Child. And a Happy Pi Day to you, too.🥧

Mae Travels said...

Happy Pi Day! I hope you are over whatever problems you have been suffering with the last few days.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

I love the mural Elizabeth
and happy Pi day to you

My name is Erika. said...

Nice mural. Maybe it we could even call it a mosaic as it is tile. And Happy pi day too. I think the way we write dates is like the metric verses English system of measurement. The same with the 12 hour clock. Well, maybe not just us but certainly a lot of the world does it different. Hope you have a great day!

Sami said...

Nice mural Elizabeth, it does look like the Virgin Mary and Jesus.
Enjoy Pi Day too :)

Olde Dame Holly said...

Beautiful depiction of Mary, Queen of Heaven, and the Infant Jesus. Many homes here have similar tile murals on their inside and outside walls, and the Virgin of Guadalupe is a popular one to have. Such a pretty mural; I'm glad you got a closeup! Have a wonderful Sunday!

DVArtist said...

Happy Pi day.

Tom said...

...it nice that the mural is done on tiles. it will last for years! I always forget about pi day, thanks for the reminder.

Susan Kane said...

(;-)

Jeanie said...

The detail is beautiful.

Bertiebo said...

Nice. Looks like Portugal. But help Catholic children? Why? Help all children!

magiceye said...

An apt mural for a church.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Gorgeous mural!
I never think of Pi day, I'm not a big fan of pies. Is that sacrilegious?

Divers and Sundry said...

That mosaic panel is lovely and _perfect_ given the name of the church.

Debbie said...

A very nice tiled panel matching the name of the church. It is a copy of a well known old Byzantine icon of Mary

craftytrog said...

That's a beautiful mural! xx

Lowcarb team member said...

What a beautiful mural, very special.

All the best Jan

Ju-Lyn said...

You went on a hunt for the mural - what fun!
It's an interesting choice that the church put this Madonna & Child on a brick wall - was it painted on, or vinyled? I tried to see if I could spot brick lines, but I'm not sure.

Ju-Lyn
touringmybackyard.wordpress.com