Sunday, February 7, 2021

Monday Murals: Tortilla factory? and Bowls


I'm slowly trying to get back to my internet life, but right now, I'm still struggling after my surgery.  I will visit my friends as I can.  Again, I'm having trouble sitting in front of a computer screen for more than a few minutes.  I'm not complaining, I'm just letting everyone know I'm not my usual self.

But now, it's time to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today. 

This mural is on the front of a place that either makes or sells tortillas or both.  I couldn't actually determine the name of the establishment, though.
 
This is very Hispanic oriented and shows the woman making tortillas in the traditional way.
 
I'm sorry I don't speak Spanish, but it appears they sell pinatas, tortillas, and churros.  This mural, which is painted on what appears to be stucco, is located at 306 W. 29th Street, Wichita, Kansas (USA).  I can't find any indication of who the artist was who painted it.
 
If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  If you look around, you might find one near you, too. 

And for those of you who live in the states,

please join me in watching the cutest bowl around.  The VIII (eight) annual Kitten Bowl, that is.  You can find it on the Hallmark Channel at 2 p.m., 1 p.m. central.  I know the boys and I will be watching.

For you dog lovers, Puppy Bowl XVII (17) is being shown at the same time: 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT.  You can catch it on Animal Planet and Discovery+ channels.  I understand the First Lady, Dr. Jill Biden will be there to support the cause and leave a message.  I won't spoil the surprise, but it has to do with &&&&s.

And finally, for a second year in a row, I'll be rooting for 

my Chiefs.  There will be lots of pre-game events, but the main event, Super Bowl LV (55) starts at 6:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. CT.   It shouldn't be a surprise that I'll be rooting for Mahomes over Brady, although the odds appear to favor Brady's Buccaneers.

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous murals! Hope you soon feel better, take care, don't worry about visiting! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

To a speedy recovery with your eyes, best wishes!
Oh, I had my last good tortilla... 15 years ago? No good Mexican restaurant around here.
Cute Super Bowls indeed!
00:30 a.m. for us for the real kick-off, oh!
But!!! First time we get to see it on TV!!! YAY!!!

Elephant's Child said...

Look after yourself please. Visiting other blogs can wait.

CJ Kennedy said...

A colorful mural. I like the horses in their stalls, too. Aw, I wish I got the Hallmark Channel to see the Kitten Bowl. You probably shouldn't spend too much time in front of a computer screen to give your eyes time to heal. Take care of yourself.

Mae Travels said...

Good to hear that you are working on your recovery and treating yourself well. I hope you keep babying your eyes and not straining them.

That is a really nice mural — pretty horses, and nice picture of traditional tortilla making. I have read that Mexican _men_ talk about how sad they are that machine-made tortillas replaced the delicious hand-made ones, while Mexican _women_ are thrilled to get rid of many hours a day of hard work grinding corn on a grinding stone — terrible labor, out of their lives.

Get well fast... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad to see you back online. I've been wandering how you were doing. Do take care of your eye! I like that mural, and I would like some Mexican food. You have so many murals in your area. I have been talking about the puppy bowl all weekend-driving the husband nuts I think. Mr. Pete occasionally watches TV, when dogs get his attention, so unless the squirrels are out in full force he will probably watch a bit too. I don't know who to root for this year in the game. Mahomes is a lot of fun to watch, but Brady still has it at 42. Hmmmm. Hopefully there will be good commercials. Have a great Sunday. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Love the mural you have so many neat ones close by. I love to watch the kitten bowl too and now I know where they put the puppy bowl.
no worries about visiting-take care of You-hugs

Nancy said...

Do hope you continue to gain in your recovery! I'm sure it's slower than you'd like, but be kind to yourself in the process. Fun mural- the only part I can read is "Y mucho mas"- and much more! It looks to be more of a store with food and lots of services to boot. But it's lively and inviting. Enjoy the Bowls!

Jeanie said...

Recovery can take awhile. Take your time -- these things work at their own speed and you don't need to worry about us. As for the mural --it's very pretty!

DVArtist said...

Oh I would love to shop in that store. We don't have any here in my part of OR. Great mural. Hope you are feeling better today.

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth, it's so good to see you blogging again and thanks for letting us know.
Look after yourself, that is the most important thing.
I was astonished to read that there is a Kitty Bowl and I found some videos on youtube, which were massive cuteness.
I hope Bleubeard and Squiggles enjoyed it too.
I've sent you an email about March.
Love from Sheila

Bertiebo said...

I hope you'll recover soon, Elizabeth!

Rita said...

I hope you feel better soon!
Even the kitty and puppy bowls can't draw me into sports--LOL!

Sami said...

Lovely mural Elizabeth, really shows off the Mexican shop.
I haven't had Mexican food for ages.
Take care Elizabeth and lots of rest for your eyes and thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Tom said...

...you certainly have a strong Mexican presences in your area!

Jackie McGuinness said...

I love that mural as I love all things Mexican!!
No interest in Superbowl, John got himself settled to watch it. I watched TV in the bedroom!

Lowcarb team member said...

Great mural, thank you for sharing it.

All the best Jan

Ju-Lyn said...

Hope you are feeling better Elizabeth! Recovery is a long, arduous process - may it progress apace!

This is such a fun storefront! Colourful and welcoming.

Ju-lyn
https://purplepumpernickelblog.wordpress.com/

RedPat said...

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog! I didn't watch the game but did see a bit of the puppies and kittens on TV here.
Nothing beats good Mexican food!

dee Nambiar said...

Nice murals.
The painted horses also look so good.

I hope you feel better soon. Have a restful week, Elizabeth. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the way the murals frame the door.

I cheered for the Chiefs, too, and I think it's a durn shame the refs inserted themselves so deep into the game.