Wednesday, February 3, 2021

January complete and February ready in my never ending calendar

 

Before we begin, I'll explain why I was so late visiting from my Monday and Tuesday posts.  The eye surgeon sent me to a different surgeon.  After hours of waiting, having a ton of tests and X-rays, etc., he finally admitted me to the hospital. 

The surgery took place mid-morning Tuesday.  My friend Sally left her cell phone with me so I could call when I was ready to come home.  The hospital had WiFi, so I was able to visit a few blogs before they put me out.  One of the staff showed me how to use Sally's phone to get the internet.  

The surgeon cut into my skin between the cheek bone and eye socket.  It was there they drained fluid which had built up.  The anesthesiologist put me out, so I am still unclear as to why or how this occurred.  I'm now home and recovering.  I have five staples and a butterfly bandage below my eye.  I was still a bit groggy most of Tuesday.  If I left you a comment that didn't make sense, I'm going to blame it on the anesthetic they gave me that truly knocked me for a loop.

After all that excitement, it's time to share my wimpy January calendar.

January was all about favorite things, and everyone knows my rocking horses are my all time favorites.  They are in every room in my home.  It's amazing the quotes I found dealt with the assault on the U.S. Capitol.  One was from Stalin and one from Reagan, two opposite opinions.  In case you can't read my writing, here is the quote by Stalin:
Those who cast the votes have nothing. Those who COUNT the votes have everything.
And the one by Ronald Reagan:
Freedom is just one generation away from extinction.
More lovely rocking horses and a few stickers to liven the really dull calendar.  You can read what a boring life I actually lead.

 February is ready to  be written in.  Some of you may remember that Valerie is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Heavy Metal, so I used a cassette tape stencil to create a bit of heavy metal music on my February calendar.

Thanks so incredibly much for visiting today and not laughing too hard at my wimpy life and wimpy calendar.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey.  And I hope to catch up with everyone who has already linked there, too.
 
 

26 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I really, really hope that your eye surgery was a complete success.
Dull and boring? Not so but far otherwise. And I love rocking horses too - though I don't have any.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry to hear you had to be surgically treated, and hope that the OP was a success. Look after yourself, dear, get well soon! Lovely calendar pages, too! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Glad they could help you at the clinic, hope all turns out very well, aka perfect!
My rocking-moose got all excited seeing his horse-friends :-)
And weee... oh, to remember the dreadful times with cassette tapes running loose - pencil, please, LOL!

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth. How awful about your eye and what a fright you must have had. I'm glad you got it sorted out so quickly.
I read your diary with interest and had to go and see what happened to poor Bernie. That was terrible!!!!!! Some of the memes are brilliant. Isn't amazing how a photo of a pair of mittens can go all over the world and cause such interest and also raise money for so many good causes.
I liked the little pictures you added like the red-breasted robin and the snowman and of course the photo of Squiggles.
Love from Sheila.

Mae Travels said...

You are lucky that your medical system was able to treat you quickly and I hope effectively. I wish you good luck with a complete recovery and no recurrences!

I think all of us have empty schedules these days. I ordered my usual small pocket scheduling calendar in December, and amazon kept losing the package in which it was supposedly arriving, so I got a refund. However, I have not yet had any events that I would have recorded in the calendar. A no-event year again! Not even a dentist appointment (I'm saving that for when I am vaccinated).

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great your calendar page with the rocking horses and interesting what you write about it. It wasn't boring, I think!
I'm sorry that it came to an op and hope you're on the right path again, take care and get well soon, hugs Elke

kathyinozarks said...

wow that was a scary operation and sounds like a very long day too. good thing you when went in to get it checked out.
I enjoy seeing your calendar pages and I agree with both quotes you mentioned.
good healing-hugs

craftytrog said...

So glad to hear you finally got your surgery! I hope it's a success, and you recover quickly Elizabeth.
Your calendars both look good. We all lead pretty boring lives at the moment, the entries on my calendars are basically the same every day, a walk, some art and some tv. Only occasionally some housework :D
Take care of yourself,
Alison xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh, dear! I'm so sorry you had to have surgery but am happy you were able to get in so quickly since it needed doing. I hope your recovery is quick, complete, and uncomplicated.

You don't hafta make sense to be welcome :)

Love your rocking horses :) If you think your calendar is wimpy you should see mine. Oh, wait, I don't even have one lol. That vote about counting the votes is being used in the "we were robbed" circles to justify their conspiracy theories, and don't even get me started on Reagan lol

Darla said...

Sorry to read you had an eye problem but glad to know it seems to be taken care of. If I kept a calendar it would be mostly blank spaces these days. I do keep a very small appointment book and even that doesn't reflect much activity. Hopefully things will open up one of these days and we can all fill our calendars with fun activities.

CJ Kennedy said...

I hope you're feeling better and that the eye surgery was a success. Take care.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

elizabeth; I have been offline for various since FRY day; while I;m sorry to learn you had to have that op; I;m glad the issue with your eye is finally fixed. da tabbies told me to tell you to put a cold perch across your eye; they said not only will it help swelling etc, you will smell great AND have a handy snack close by ~~~~~~~~~~~~ best fishes and a full and speedy recovery ☺☺☺♥♥♥

pearshapedcrafting said...

I do hope you recover quickly - I imagine you look as though you have had a round with a heavyweight boxer at the moment! Your calendar pages look great - I wish I could find more to write about, apart from the evacuation life follows a similar pattern each week! Although...tomorrow I get my Covid vaccination!!
Stay safe, Hugs, Chrisx

Sandra Cox said...

Love your calendar pages.
So sorry you had to go through what you did with your eye, dear Elizabeth.
Glad you are on the road to recovery.
Hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

I was sorry to read about your eye problem, but pleased that the medical team have managed to sort it out for you. Sending you lots of good wishes as you heal. Do please take care.

I do like your calendar pages :)

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news. I hope your eye is doing better. It sounds like it wasn't in good shape when you got to the doctor, but as long as it is improving that is good news. It won't effect your vision, will it? You have a nice collection of rocking horse stamps. They are fun! And nice idea for the cassette tapes for heavy metals. Take care of yourself please. Hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

Hoping that whatever they did will help you, Elizabeth. Super idea on the cassette tapes. I love your calendars - I so wish I could keep one up. I try them and it never fails that I forget about them. My life is most likely way more boring - it would say Day 1: Work; Day 2: Work, Day 3: Work.....

Hugz

Jeanie said...

Elizabeth, that sounds just grim. I hope it's not hurting too much now and that it heals fast -- and that it will help and make this all a thing of the past. They seem to be on top of it -- well done. Get well soon.

Rita said...

Do you have glaucoma? Sounds similar to surgery my dad had for his glaucoma to drain fluid. I hope you are healed up quickly and feeling yourself...and seeing better?

Favorite things--the rocking horses were no surprise--LOL! ;)

Cloudia said...

Thoughtful INDEED!

Sami said...

Hope you are recovering well from your surgery Elizabeth, and everything goes back to normal with your vision soon. You have such a great collection of rocking horses!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Elizabeth,

I probably missed your post mention of your upcoming eye surgery but why is it you needed this? I hope you're doing much, much better today. Take it easy, my dear! Sending hugs, love, and prayers your way!

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my goodness, I hope that you were doing ok after your surgery! Wishing you a speedy recovery, make sure that you take it easy and get well soon 😀. I love all the rocking horses on your January pages and the heavy metal music cassettes made me smile! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Mae Travels said...

I hope the lack of new posts here doesn’t mean you are having trouble with your recovery. I’m thinking about you and hoping you are resting and recovering well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Neet said...

At least you keep a diary - I lead such a dull life these days (isolation) that it is not worth writing up what I do. Perhaps I should as I don't remember from one day to the next what I have done.
I haven't tried to read your writing bute I enjoyed your rocking horses instead.
Sounds horrendous what you have had to go through and I sincerely hope you are on the right side of it all now. I hate anything to do with my eyes and am dreading having to have cataracts removed when they grow over.
I once had an injury to my eye and the pain was horrendous. I remember the nurse saying eye pain was one of the sworse pains you could have.
Take care
hugs, Neetxx

DVArtist said...

I am glad your doctor got you to the right place and that they took care of the problem right away. Take it real easy. Sending healing energy.