Saturday, January 30, 2021

This post is for the birds

 

As I'm sure you know by now, Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Favorite Things.   In fact, this will be my final entry this month.

This journal page is truly for the birds.

There is a bird

guarding her nest,

a bird sitting on a fence

guarding the flowers,

and a couple of birds eating from a feeder.

The focal birds are checking out the other birds.

For this page, I created a background in my gifted watercolor journal.  I still had colors left over from another spread I had created, so not wanting to waste good metallic paint, I colored it using my sea sponge.  The birds all came from an old calendar.  The small squares were cut from the back of the calendar and adhered to the journal page.  The large bird was cut down to fit the size of the journal.

Bleubeard and I are incredibly delighted you chose to visit us today, and we would love to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Favorite Things.  Even though this is my last January post, you still have time to join in before we welcome a new host on February 1.

 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

There are lots of my favourite things there too - beautifully presented. Thank you.

Valerie-Jael said...

A lovely page which makes me hopeful that spring will come sooner or later! I'm home for the weekend as a 'try-out', feels strange but good! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Love these! Beautiful.

Barbara said...

Easy to love birds and flowers. Very pretty, again on a background I can’t help but love.

Karen said...

Pretty colors and images ~ looking forward to spring :)

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful page Elizabeth, love the soft colors. we love to watch birds too, years ago we raised exotic and endangered birds, worked with a avian curator at a zoo in wisconsin.

My name is Erika. said...

This page screams spring which is something many of us want right now. Me at least. I love these birds and the colors in your background. Thanks so much for sharing so many pages this month. It's been fun to see all your creations. Your support is much appreciated also. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Wow! This is so beautiful.

Sandra Cox said...

Oh, this is so, so pretty. And truly for the birds-Ha;)
Have a weekend as special as you:)

Rita said...

Oh how pretty! I do love birds. :)

Tom said...

...for the birds is GREAT!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the background and your hopeful look to seasons ahead. Sweet!

Cindy McMath said...

A beautiful page Elizabeth!

nwilliams6 said...

Such lovely flowers and birds on this page, Elizabeth. Some fab colors and patterns on the background too. Great final page for the month. Hope you are doing well! Hugz

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful page, I was bound to love this - looking forward to Spring already! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful pages! The background and images look so amazing together and remind me that spring is on its way 😁. Take care and wishing you well! Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

What a lovely page! It looks like spring and when I look out at the snow, I realize more than ever how much I need spring!

Thanks for your comment on my post. I'm sorry you're having a new bunch of issues and hope all will be well and back to normal very soon! Thanks for taking the time.