Sunday, January 31, 2021

Monday Murals: Untitled

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.  I want to apologize for not visiting everyone last week.  By the time I got around to visiting, some didn't use a direct link to their mural, only a link to their blog.  I got tired of scrolling and gave up, for which I now apologize.

This mural has Kansas (the wheat and sunflower state) written all over it.
 
It also pays homage to Wichita's love of bicycles.

From what I understand, there used to be a bicycle stand in front of the mural, but it has now been replaced with a trash and cigarette butt container.

This mural, created in 2012 is located at 1730 E. Douglas in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  It was painted on panels, then mounted on a west facing wall.  Jonathan Clark and Karin Clark are the muralists.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.

 

 

26 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I adore murals - and this is a beauty. Thank you.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a wonderful mural! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

So pretty. I hope we'll be able to see the sunflowers soon after all the snow melts. Take care.

nanskidrewski said...

Beautiful mural of sunflower and bicycle. Love the happy colors.

Mae Travels said...

Beautiful mural! The good things about Kansas.

You wrote me that your eye was giving you a lot of pain and trouble, and I do hope you are better soon!

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

That's a gorgeous mural. I have never been Kansas, but it looks to me like I would expect Kansas to look. The bike is a great addition. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Love this mural. I am more concerned that you are not feeling well and that your eye is acting up. Please, just lay back and don't do anything strenuous. I am sending healing energy to you.

LA Paylor said...

I am sending hopes that your eyes recover quickly... that the doctors know how to help
LeeAnna

Tom said...

...I always admired bikes with a crome spring in front, but I never had one that was this fancy. You found a nice look back.

Sandra Cox said...

What a gorgeous mural.
Elizabeth, I am so sorry you are dealing with an eye issue. Just take it easy and rest.
I'm thinking of you.

Divers and Sundry said...

Sunflowers are my favorite :) I love this huge close-up -what a striking view!

Bertiebo said...

Very nice! Longing for summer

Cloudia said...

I too love your art and countryside

Ju-Lyn said...

A vibrant mural, brimming with energy and nostalgia. I wonder if being painted on panels first has allowed it to age so well.

I hear you on struggling with the tech. Because I am on Wordpress, I find it challenging to navigate on blogspot sites, and sometimes wonder if the comments I leave actually make it.

Ju-Lyn
https://purplepumpernickelblog.wordpress.com/

Rita said...

Oh, I love this mural! Just shouts Midwest to me! :)

Iris Flavia said...

Very, very beautiful! Ahhhh, let´s see how summer goes this year!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful mural! TFS!!!!

Sami said...

Wonderful mural Elizabeth, the sunflower is just gorgeous!
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a super find! This really is a wonderful scene Hugs, Chrisx

Jackie McGuinness said...

I love the sunflower. Don't you hate garbage cans in your photos?

dee Nambiar said...

That is such a lovely mural. Nice to know about the flowers and wheat cultivation in Kansas. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

That's a gorgeous mural! The sunflower made me smile, they are such happy flowers and this one is so beautifully painted - love it 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

You've posted lots of interesting murals in the past but I think hands down this is my all time favorite. I love the sunflower and bike (of course) and the painting is very skillful. It's beautifully done. thanks for sharing that one!

Linda said...

I like this a lot!

Jonathan said...

Hello Ju-Lyn, the panels (MDO, medium density overlay) sign board was actually applied to the wall first. I then painted this on site during what they called Douglas Avenue Art Days in Wichita KS. It was the first mural painted for DAAD a long time ago. I had a great time over the few days painting and talking to art lovers. I'm actually going to refresh the reds this coming spring (red is always the first color to fade). Thank you so very much for the kind compliments and words of encouragement. Jonathan

Jonathan said...

Sami, my name is Jonathan Clark, I painted this mural. Thank you so very much for the kind and encouraging words. I thank all your followers and their kind statements also. I just finished a large mural on Delano BBQ companies wall in west Wichita ks. Drop by y'all and check it out. It's really big!! 27' x 40'. About 3x's larger than this bicycle mural. Thanks again. Jonathan.