Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday Smiles 406: Just a few more funnies this week

 

It's Friday, which means it's time to join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) along with the wonderful ladies at Friday Smiles.  To be honest, for a second week in a row, I am not sure much has happened this week.  I have been thinking about Valentine's Day, but there is not much humor in that.  In lieu of anything fun to discuss this week, I give you a few funnies I found two years ago when I cleaned my office.

 

What happens to a frog's car when it breaks down?
It gets toad away.  


Q: Is Google male or female?
A: Female, because it doesn't let you finish a sentence before making a suggestion. 

 

Q: My child won't eat fish.  What can I replace it with?

A: A cat.  Cats love fish.

 

Teacher: "Kids, what does the chicken give you?"
Student: "Meat!"
Teacher: "Very good! Now what does the pig give you?"
Student: "Bacon!"
Teacher: "Great! And what does the fat cow give you?"
Student: "Homework!"  


Q: What did the duck say when he bought lipstick?
A: "Put it on my bill." 

 

Q: Why did the witches' team lose the baseball game?
A: Their bats flew away. 


Q: Can a kangaroo jump higher than the Empire State Building?
A: Of course. The Empire State Building can't jump. 

 

Q: Why was six scared of seven?
A: Because seven "ate" nine.  


Q: Why couldn't the leopard play hide and seek?
A: Because he was always spotted. 

 

Instead of "the John," I call my toilet "the Jim." That way it sounds better when I say I go to the Jim first thing every morning. 


Q: Did you hear about the kidnapping at school?
A: It's okay. He woke up. 

 

Q: What do you call a pig that does karate?
A: A pork chop.  


Q: Why can't you trust an atom?
A: Because they make up everything. 

 

A bank robber pulls out a gun and points it at the teller, then says, "Give me all the money or you're geography!" The puzzled teller asks, "Did you mean to say 'or you're history?'" The robber says, "Don't change the subject!"  


Q: Why did the fish blush?
A: Because it saw the ocean's bottom.

 

George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi was going to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the shed. George opened the door to go turn off the light but saw there were people in the shed in the process of stealing things.

He immediately phoned the police, who asked, "Is someone in your house?" and George said, "No," and explained the situation. Then they explained that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be there when available.

George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them all."

Then he hung up. Within five minutes three squad cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"  



Q: If you have 13 apples in one hand and 10 oranges in the other, what do you have?
A: Big hands. 

 

If you ever get cold, just stand in the corner of a room for a while. They're normally around 90 degrees. 

 

I have to admit, some of these are so bad, they are actually funny.  Others are just baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.  I know others will have much better Friday Smiles this week.  Just so you don't feel too cheated 

I give you a photo of a very uncooperative subject, also known as Squiggles.
 
Finally, some of you have seen the memes that have shown up featuring
a very cold masked Bernie Sanders, a former Presidential candidate who attended the inauguration dressed in a nondescript winter coat and handmade wool mittens.  His image went viral and he now appears in many situations on many blogs.  Even my friend CJ showed Bernie on her blog on Wednesday.  Everyone seems to be getting in on the Bernie action.  People are SO clever adding him to their blogs and web sites.
 
Look at what happened to poor Bernie.  This is by far one of the funniest one I've seen.
 

Now let's head over to Annie's because she knows how to put a smile on everyone's faces.  And whatever you do, please don't forget to start your weekend off right with a few Friday Smiles of your own.  And remember, if you would like to play along, Annie would love to have you join us.

 

24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for the smiles! Have a great day! Take care, hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

Thanks for the chuckles....yes some of them made us groan a little too.
Hugs,
Annie x

Elephant's Child said...

I do love the Bernie memes - and am still smiling at going the Jim first thing - and indeed several times every day.

Phil Slade said...

Lots of smiles in your blog today. Thank you. I rather like the Polar bear eating the politician. What a great idea.

Lynn Holland said...

I really don’t know how you expect me to comment when I’m rolling round on the floor in hysterics with my legs crossed
That’s got to be your best post yet xxx

Ella said...

Very funny! Bernie Sanders' gloves, I think, have traveled the world ... and were also an important announcement: They were sold out! What doesn't the polar bear do for a pair of gloves ?! He's eating Bernie ... LOL
Thank you for the smiles!

Mae Travels said...

Your joke collection is really corny!

I just read a NYT article that I think you will like -- maybe you have already seen it. If not, it's here:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/29/arts/design/juan-gris-cubism-collage.html

Have a great Friday... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Too cute ~ Thanks for the smiles :) Have a great weekend!

Birgit said...

So e of those sillies my ex would love because they are pun-worthy. Very fun to read and see the pics....poor Bernie but at least he was a good snack.

CJ Kennedy said...

The funnies are good. Himself has a t-shirt with the Why can't you trust and atom joke. I love the Bernie meme. I think I have one more scheduled for Wednesday.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Friday, great funnies Elizabeth-the Bernie ones I have been seeing all over the internet are too funny the last one I hadn't seen before-haha Have a good weekend

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I agree some of these were baaaaaad! but who cares they still made me smile. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

There isn't a lot happening to any of us these days Elizabeth, and your funnies were very funny, so thanks for sharing them! Kate x

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I got a few good chuckles out of these but the polar bear with Bernie's mitts really cracked me up. People have been so creative with this.

DVArtist said...

Funnies and chuckles we all need them. Have a great day.

Jeanie said...

I did loads of Bernie's too -- I'll have a couple on my next post. Love the polar bear one! Some good fun here! Happy weekend!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

squiggles !!! itz total lee grate ta see ewe two day dood !!!! we hope thiz find ewe and bleu gettin in trubull and gettin reddy fora awesum week end :) ♥♥

the jokes are funny Elizabeth; corny or not; they still bring a smile ☺☺☺

thanx for sharing !! ☺☺☺♥♥♥

Lisca said...

Thank you for the smiles. They made me laugh. Yes, OK, some of them were a bit corny, but you know what? They are perfect for our 10 yr old grandson Daniel, who loves jokes. These are perfect for him. I shall print them out and add them to his birthday card next month.
Great to see Squiggles, even though he doesn't want to be photographed.
Have a lovely weekend,
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rita said...

You made my day--giggles and groans--LOL! :)

Iris Flavia said...

Squiggles is very cute! And thank you for the smiles!!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the Bernie memes!

nbde said...

fake rolex
orologi replica
replica uhren
replica watches

fake rolex
orologi replica
replica uhren
replica watches

fake rolex
orologi replica

pearshapedcrafting said...

Loved your funnies! The one about the burglars in the shed made me laugh out loud!! The polar bear is pretty funny too! Hugs, Chrisx

Jackie McGuinness said...

I love all the Bernie memes. I even put him in front of our building.
Our mayor and prime minister played with him as well.