Friday, January 1, 2021

These are my favorite things

 

Today we welcome a new host to Art Journal Journey.  It is my good friend Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal.  Her theme this month is Favorite Things.

I'm sure we all know what my favorite things are.

In fact, "there is no denying






these are

my favorite things."

Looks like I not only forgot what month and year it is, but I also have it upside down.  It's definitely too late to change it now.

I can never get enough rocking horses.
 
For this page, I started by laying down some blue/green leftover ink onto a sheet of 110 lb cardstock.  I used all my rocking horse stamps for this spread, all given to me.  I added the date, which I failed to change.  I assure you, this is for Erika's Favorite Things theme.  The discoloration in the lower right is because my arm got in the way of the lighting I used.

Thanks so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We sincerely hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Favorite Things.  We also hope you will join Erika, Chris, Valerie, Bleubeard, and me this month at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Favorite Things.  Yvonne is taking a short break.  
 
Please be aware, we want to see your altered book pages, journal pages, loose journal art, canvases, fabric pages, and digital art.  However, we cannot accept cards, ATCs, ATCoins, tags, small index cards, rolodex cards, or 3-D art, and, as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.
 

20 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Great colours and cute images , hope your New Year was a good one, regardless the lock down.xx

Iris Flavia said...

Maybe you´d like my rocking moose from IKEA. We once had a rocking Harley, too, if you like to have a look here.
But, really, your date made me laugh! 2020 sure still wants to get in the way!
To a very Happy New 2021!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, now everybody knows that you like rocking horses! Have a great start in the new year, stay safe! Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous page! When I saw Erika's wonderful challenge I was thinking that you may chose rocking horses ... ha, ha 😀. Those stamps are beautiful and I love the blue background that you created too. All the very best for 2021, let's hope it's a better year for everyone - Happy New Year! Hugs, Jo x

Mae Travels said...

Well, looks like we have made it into 2021, despite your stamp! I wish you good health and lots of fun stamping and altering pages.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I should have guessed you would start with rocking horses Elizabeth. NICE!!!!!!! I like these stamped image. The blue background is perfect too as isn't blue suppose to be hope and happiness-like the bluebird of happiness cliche says? Either way, it is for me. This is a great page to start the new year with! Hope yours is very happy, healthy and no more internet problems (smile). hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

Very sweet and nostalgic images! Nice background too!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your rocking horses made me smile. Let's rock the new year with creativity.

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful page for your favourite things. Happy New Year my friend!

Divers and Sundry said...

Cool! Highlighting favorites is a happy-feeling activity :)

Jeanie said...

What a happy page, Elizabeth! Happy New Year!

Sandra Cox said...

I love this piece.
Happiest of New Years to you, dear Elizabeth.

nwilliams6 said...

Elizabeth, Happy New Year.
Happy page too.
Those rocking horse images are fabulous.

Hugz

sheila 77 said...

If I had been asked to guess I would have thought for a minute and come up with rocking horses.
If it hadn’t been “things” then it would have been Bleubeard and Squiggles, am I right?
Your rocking horses all look very jolly, rocking all over the page.
Happy New Year to all three of you.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

As soon as I read what Erika's theme was I had a feeling I would be seeing a Rocking horse or two at some point this month, I know how much you love them.
Thanks again for giving me the opportunity late month to Host, I loved every creative minute of it.. now time to enjoy Erika's.
Happy creative New Year Hugs Tracey xx

Rita said...

I was not surprised at all what your favorite things were. ;)

craftytrog said...

It had to be!!! Great page Elizabeth! xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Of course it had to be rocking horses for your first page for 'Favourite Things' ! Love this blue and your wonderful rocking horses! Still trying to catch up! Hugs, Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

Anyone would think you like rocking horses! LOL!
I know you do :)

Sending my good wishes for a happy and healthy 2021.

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Of course your rocking horses had to feature in the favourite list and it was a pleasure to see them against that lovely background.
I expect it will not be long before we see some whiskers appearing on one of your pages - Bleubeard and Squiggles are your constant companions and must mean so much to you.
Hugs, Neet xxx