Sunday, January 10, 2021

Monday Murals: Strange mural

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.

This is one of the strangest murals I have seen to date.

I took several close-ups.  In a way, this part looks like an octopus.
 
Beam me up, Mr. Scott.

The aliens are taking over and everyone is eating magic mushrooms.
I think they are drinking beer, which makes sense,
since this mural is located outside the Norton Brewery located at 125 North St. Francis in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  Although I couldn't find the name of the mural, it was created by Anthony Parker who has created several murals in Wichita.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  If you open your eyes, I suspect you will find some in your area, too.

 

23 thoughtful remarks:

kathyinozarks said...

wow this is an interesting mural-thanks for sharing

Iris Flavia said...

Funny!!! Why take a mug when you swim in beer, oh, yes, more comphy, LOL. Maybe the artist was at Oktoberfest in Munich?
Is "he" trying to kill someone, is that insect repellent?
Ahhh, cool, it´s a brewery, clever!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun murals. Magic mushrooms can induce strange dreams! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Sami said...

An octopus drinking beer, certainly quirky :)
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Jeanie said...

This one is quite dramatic. I love seeing the explosion of murals in public places.

My name is Erika. said...

I think it's a fun mural. Why aliens? Not sure but it does bring attention to the brewery which is what they would like I am sure. I'd like to try out their beer, but not necessarily because of the mural. How has your weekend been? Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

This is fun. I think it's release the Kraken!

Nancy said...

Lots of detail, lots of color, and lots of fanciful!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! I see the beer mug but........! Oh well! I'm sure a lot of thought was behind it!! Hugs, Chrisx

gigi-hawaii said...

Unusual street art for sure.

Tom said...

...I think that this is one that I will need to study for a while to drink it all in! Wichita sure a some neat murals.

Barbara said...

Very odd and interesting, indeed! Just wondering if your Monday Murals are all found by you in person, or on the web?

Mae Travels said...

Lots of possibilities for what monster this is! But he looks good-natured. Great mural.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kwarkito said...

It's an amazing surrealistic mural. I love it !

Jackie McGuinness said...

This is such fun!!! Love the beer mug.

Rita said...

Definitely a beer-drinking octopus watching a ship being beamed up by aliens--LOL! Oddest and funniest mural yet! :)

s.c said...

Kind of beach party with a lot of surprises.

Bertiebo said...

I don't understand this one. Is it a dream? Or a nightmare

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow, that's an interesting and funny mural.

Alice said...

Looks like a one eyed Octupus and some other stuff

Linda said...

It made me chuckle! Have a good week.

Divers and Sundry said...

Fascinating! They were bold in taking up the space, weren't they!

Ju-Lyn said...

https://purplepumpernickelblog.wordpress.com/

I love this mural ... from the cues, it looks rather large and it must have been quite an awesome sight to behold - a modern day kraken!