Monday, January 11, 2021

Paris

 

Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Favorite Things

That means today one of my favorite things is visiting Paris.
For the most part, 

this is vintage Paris.
 
I was intrigued by the vintage clothing, too.
 
Of course, any image of the Eiffel Tower makes me happy.

For this two page spread in my new watercolor  journal, I laid down copper paint on the left side, then added vintage images of French women.  For the right side, I used a copper dauber to create a background, then added two vintage images and a current image of the Eiffel Tower.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you chose to visit us today as we honored Paris as a favorite of ours, and we would love to also see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Favorite Things.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

"Wonderful". A huuuuge picture of the Eiffel Tower is where I look at every time when I´m at... my dentist, LOL. "Horror-times ahead"!

When I was 14 I went up there, back then I had no acrophobia yet. It is impressive, I agree.

Very well done, your work.

aussie aNNie said...

wow these are absolutely fabulous. xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal spread, Paris is always good. Have a good and safe week, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Paris is ALWAYS welcome, thank you for the images.

There's a new Netflix series set in Paris which we are binge watching, and I just LOVE Paris. It has lots of scenes that were probable shot by drones, as well as many wonderful street scenes. It's called "Lupin."

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

A beautiful city and a lovely tribute. Last week, we watched a program about the restoration of Notre Dame after the fire in 2019.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely.

Barbara said...

Pretty pages! I love your imaginative backgrounds. They are starting to stand out for me. Thanks for the mural question answer, amazing they are all local!

Cindy McMath said...

Ooh la la! Wonderful Paris pages. Would love to visit again some day.

My name is Erika. said...

Love the dauber effect. It is gorgeous Elizabeth. Wouldn't a trip to Paris be nice about now? Of course, I'd even take a trip across my state. Smile. I love these vintage Paris images and this spread is another great piece for this month at AJJ. Thanks for your support! hugs-Erika

da tabbies o trout towne said...

daisy would LOVE to be in Paris; shopping, site seeing, shopping, shopping, shopping !!!!

nice piece today Elizabeth; hope your weather is much improved :) ☺☺♥♥♥

Sandra Cox said...

These pages were fun!
Mega apologies for not getting here sooner. I'm playing catch up on my comments.
Stay safe.

Sharon Madson said...

Great layout. It looks like a scrapbook layout. Love it! :)

kathyinozarks said...

Pretty page Elizabeth

Jeanie said...

Show me Paris anything and I am a happy woman. They do it right -- the architecture, the structures. I think it might be the most beautiful city in the world -- or at least the most beautiful one I've seen.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Of course I love this Elizabeth as it's Paris. What I love is the beautiful pink reflection the colours of the blossom trees by the Eiffel Tower - having seen them in real life this really is a joy to see! I love the stylish ladies too! I shall be off to Paris myself this month - on paper at least! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Great backgrounds and wonderful images Elizabeth! I can't wait to go traveling again!
Hugs,
Alison xox

Divers and Sundry said...

Ah, Paris! Only in my dreams and in your art :)