Wednesday, December 9, 2020

WOYWW 601: the aftermath

 

 To be completely honest, I had not planned to join this week's WOYWW, the brainchild of Julia at Stamping Ground.  Some of you may wonder why I stopped joining each week, especially after I was so active the first few years.  In those days I lived for Wednesdays and usually vied with Helen for the #1 position.  Why did I stop, you ask.

 
Wendy will tell you it's because I was more or less forced to stop, when, without any forewarning (a bit like Trump firing one of his cabinet on Friday night), I became the sole administrator of Art Journal Journey.  Ironic since I hadn't asked for the job to start with, but was the co-administrator when all this happened.  Since I became so involved with Art Journal Journey, I stopped visiting WOYWW because it took so much time.  Back then, there were a lot more participants and I fell far behind in my AJJ responsibilities.

Over the next many months, I was able to get one, then two, then four new co-administrators, but WOYWW wasn't something I thought much about joining anymore.  Once I got out of the habit, I would visit Julia and a few of the WOYWW gang, but never joined in the link party.  It was a complete surprise when I saw that Julia was hosting a Zoom party the Saturday after the 600th WOYWW post, also a complete surprise to me.

For those of you who attended one or both of the Zoom parties last Saturday, I was the one you couldn't see or hear, because, as I explained to Julia, I (STILL) don't own a cell phone or a laptop or i-thingy with a camera.   I may have been the nearly silent one, but I was so happy to feel I was there with all of you who attended.
 
On my desk today (photo taken late Tuesday afternoon) is my latest and newest rocking horse.  It's a tea pot.  It was gifted to me by my dear friend RO!, a wonderful friend I met on the internet who loves books, cheeseburgers, and is an advocate for victims and survivors of domestic violence. 

Also on my desk is the beginning of my annual tip-ins, which I haven't started yet.  I've just finished cutting them to size.  I have a plan, though, and you might be able to see what I have planned, which is on the right side of my desk.

Thanks for the fun we had last Saturday and I will be by to visit you sometime today or tomorrow.   Now please join me at Julia's.

35 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely new teapot, have fun with it! Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

Great teapot! It's good to see you join in again and to have you hang out (silently) on Saturday. I did see some of your comments but couldn't work out how to reply. It was fun though. Helen #3

Sarah Brennan said...

It was great to know that you were with us on Saturday Elizabeth. Love the new rocking horse teapot. Hope you can join us more often now you have some co admins on AJJ. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Neet said...

Oh Elizabeth, it was good to know you were there on Saturday but it would have been even better could I have seen you and Bleubeard after all these years.
It is good to see Wendy and the new rocking horse - what a lovely friend you have in ROI and what a wonderful job she does in life.
Well, must get on as I have a journal to do for tomorrow and I asm typing this in bed. Must get up and get working o it.
Hugs and tickles to you know who, Neet 8 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your desk looks very organised Elizabeth with Wendy keep watch and your rocking horse Teapot taking pride of place. You do a fab job with AJJ and now have a fantastic group of creatives to help share positivity, kind thoughts and good vibes to everyone who joins. Really glad you managed to get in on the zoom, you are braver than me. I remember those tussling for #1 days hee hee!! I'm too shy for that.. Happy WoywW Tracey #7 xx

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW and wonderful to have you back. Have missed the rocking horses! A future note re. Zoom. You can get a camera/microphone quite cheaply from somewhere like Amazon, which just plugs into your pc via USB. I have one (happy to send a link), which gives a very good picture and sound. It just sits on top of my pc screen or I can take it down to show other stuff more close up. Very easy to connect. Ali x #16

Lillianb said...

Happy WOYWDW

What a lovely tea pot, I knew someone who collected them and boy ca you get some strange once,

Take care and stay safe

Lilian b #11

Diana Taylor said...

Lovely to 'see' you on Saturday, albeit silently and invisibly - it was great to know you were joining in with us! I've missed the rocking horses but you've certainly come back with style - what a great teapot - I love it, and what a special friend you have to do so much for such a worthy cause.
Have a great week,
Diana xx #20

Annie said...

It was so lovely to see so many joining in the fun on Saturday...we must do it more often....even though we couldn't see you we knew you were there and that was lovely. I seem to have known you for so long but have no idea at all what you actually look like. It was my first time using zoom so I was pleased with how it all worked. Hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It’s lovely to see you back on the desks Elizabeth, I’m glad that you have help to run the other event now, we’ve missed you and the rocking horses! I enjoyed seeing your comments up on the Zoom screen, it did feel as if you were with us all! That teapot is fantastic, what a thoughtful gift from your friend.
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

HI Elizabeth, and ear scritches to Bleubeard, I hope he is well? It was lovely to know you were there with us!WE have missed your rocking horses, and that teapot one is fabulous. Do you use it? Or is it far too precious for that? I'd be terrified of chipping or dropping it, I know how much of a butterfingers I can be. Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #12. X

RO said...

Every time I see that Genius at Work, I'm reminded of just how much fun you are, and I'm so glad to have met you. So glad that you like the rocking horse teapot, and it's so exciting to find something that fits in with your collections. My son and granddaughter have been working diligently to get me signed up for Zoom, which I refuse to do.(lol) The best any one can expect is a phone call. So kudos to you for jumping in. I remember my doctor wanted me to sing into Telehealth where they can talk to you and see you while discussing medical issues. I purposely disabled my webcam so we could just hear each other(lol) I'm just reminded how much life has truly changed from the days of rotary phones.(lol) Stay safe and sending lots of hugs, RO

Chrissie said...

Like you I moved away from WOYWW for quite a while, I met a crafter through it with whom I started a challenge blog which then took up a lot of my time. I always looked forward to seeing all your rocking horses though!
You take care!
Chrissie #6

My name is Erika. said...

I love the idea of the zoom party. It must have been good to hear people talk about art. Right now I am missing that a lot, along with going to breakfast. Super new teapot. Perfect for your rocking horse collection, and for T day too. AJJ does take up some time, doesn't it? Hope your week has been going well. Happy Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Elizabeth - it was lovely to have you in the room with us even though we couldn't see you. We should have taken more advantage of the chat feature - I didn't realise it was there until later! It must have been so frustrating for you when everyone thought you were leaving, when you were just saying goodbye to the people who were leaving - funny though - a classic comic situation! It would be nice to have you back on WOYWW and I didn't know you were running AJJ. Happy #601 xx zsuzsa #23

Felicia said...

Elizabeth, I LOVE your teapot! How cute is that??? I had started collecting teapots some years ago and then moved on to oil lamps!!! LOL Teapots are so cute to me and in antique marts sometimes you can find the most stunning ones!I hate we couldn't see you on Saturday, but we saw your name!!! LOLOL Maybe next time will be better! Blessings to you! Felicia #29

Twiglet said...

Oh what a fab teapot - perfect! So glad you could join in on Saturday although it was hard trying to squeeze my little voice into such a busy zoom room. Just lovely to "see" such a great bunch of crafty folk. xx Jo

Divers and Sundry said...

The Zoom party sounds like a fun idea to celebrate the anniversary. I'm so glad you were able to join in :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet teapot.

Mae Travels said...

That’s a very cute teapot. Collecting them must be endless: there are so many from so many places, including both England and China. And they’ve been around for so many centuries. Sad that we can’t really shop for them any more until the vaccine frees us to do what we would like.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

Your rocking horse work table is charming! I can't think of a better gift for you!

Caro said...

It was lovely to know that you were on the zoom call even if you couldn't talk or be seen. Loving the rocking horse tea pot. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With Love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#33)

DVArtist said...

We only have time for so much and sometimes that means letting go of something else. I love that Teapot!!! A very nice gift for sure.

StampinCarol said...

Your teapot is so cool!
I amended my post to explain more about my car's arm rests but they were covered with very thin fabric and with wiping the rests they tore and kept tearing. Anyway, now have a high grade fabric that will last.
I do remember you being in the top 5 to join with Julia.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!
Carol N #28

da tabbies o trout towne said...

elizabeth, what a wonderful gift from your friend RO !!! glad to hear you had a great time at the saturday event; I have a cell and an ipad, though no PC, and will probably never use "face time" or whatever it's called or install the zoom app...not on facebook either and never will be !!!!

bleu and squiggles; hope yur wednesdayz filled with whitefish N yur gettin inta trubull !! :) ♥♥

Heather M said...

Hi Elizabeth, I was a background participant in the morning Zoom session - I need to get a camera for my PC, for me to be able to effectively take part, but smaller groups would be better for me. It was great fun though. That's a marvellous teapot gift to add to your rocking horse collection! Thanks for stopping by earlier, and your kind comments about my quilt. I will be relieved when it is finished- this weekend - and I can wrap it up for my grandson. Have a lovely week, Heather xx #17

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous teapot - a real find! Love your desk tidy - it seems to hold quite a lot! Hugs, Chrisx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth, you're so right it was brilliant on Saturday and can't wait to do it again. I so love your teapot it's gorgeous. I thought I'd never get to the posts today, three deliveries of craft stuff, one delivery of a surprise raffle prize, walking dogs, sorting mum's vaccination, trying to finish some cards and that's without the usual stuff like cooking Lol! Wishing you a lovely creative week, Angela x19x

Sandra Cox said...

You have a lot of irons in the fire, my friend.
I love the teapot. Good on, Ro. That's a wonderful gift. She--as are you--is very thoughtful.

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Elizabeth, that is such a fun teapot. I would never have guessed you could have found one as a rocking horse :)
~Stacy #35

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lovely rocking horse teapot!
It was lovely to catch up with so many on Saturday!
Happy 601st WOYWW!
Stay Safe and Keep Well...
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Crafting With Jack said...

That is a fabulous teapot, I don’t expect you will use it. My son bought me a TARDIS teapot which is on display, he was quite disappointed when he found out I wasn’t using it. By the way what are tip ins? I saw your name even if I didn’t see you last Saturday :). Angela #25

BJ said...

It was lovely that you made the effort to join us despite the lack of i-stuff. it suddenly dawned on me that the microphone is usually in the webcam so if you didn't have the latter the former was probably a no-no. I tried to type answers to you but it was all a bit surreal seeing everyone.

Yes my son has grown fast, he finished his Computer Science Degree at home from March this year and got a first class honours degree. He's currently looking for a job but not an easy time. Hubby has worked from home since March too.

I've not been doing much WOYWWing either. Been only once a year the past 2 years. I did try to do some crafting over the Summer but have run out of photos printed to scrap and haven't sorted another order out yet....

Been doing lots of jigsaws though and I eventually had an operation in August to release my frozen shoulder which was rather putting a stop to a lot of my usual activities.

Anyway lovely to "see" you again always fond memories of my altered book classes with you. Much love BJ#21

Shoshi said...

It's very nice to see you back on WOYWW again, Elizabeth, and also that you managed to join the Zoom session last week, even if you couldn't be seen and heard. Sometimes life gets in the way and other priorities come along. I always say there are times and seasons in one's life and you just have to move on sometimes. Love the new rocking horse - I've never seen a teapot in that shape before! What a find, and what a lovely gift.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #18

Julia Dunnit said...

Pictures or not, sound or not, it was lovely knowing that you were there on Saturday, I think we were all very polite and quickly worked out that it had to be one at a time talking, but I think smaller groups may be the way to go. Trials will be announced!! what a great gift from RO!, how thoughtful!