Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Owning a home (and my monthly calendar)

 

Two posts in one day could be suicidal for me, but today I'm once again joining Tracey of Hotchpotch Creations our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme What is the meaning of

I'm asking the question 

"What is the meaning

of home ownership?"
 
I began with paper that I spritzed with several colors of my handmade shimmering mists.  I then cut out the house I colored using watercolors.  For the sentiment, I computer generated it and printed it using my laser printer, then rubbed it so hard when I was applying it to the page, I lost a bit of the wording. 
 
Thanks so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today, and we would love to also see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on The Meaning Of

I looked back and realized I hadn't shared my calendar pages for November and December, so here they are.

Here are my completed November pages.

They show what a boring stay-at-home life I lead.

By now I've already written in this really boring calendar.

Here's the left side

and the right.  Sadly, Christmas, much like most of 2020 is upside down.  I guess that is appropriate for this year, though.
 
Thanks for laughing at my really puny calendar.  I have other internet friends whose calendars are far more beautiful and colorful than mine.

 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Jeanie said...

Your calendar is filling quickly! Hey, puny is OK. It's December!

Mia said...

Well, I like the pages of your calendar, Elizabeth. I zoomed the photos and I read what you write on your calendar. It seems interesting, maybe I will do it too for next year (until now I never had a calendar).
And your page is beautiful. I still have not made my mists (although I have bought micra powders) because I already have bought some mists. But if need more colors, or if any mists end, then I will make my own mists. Just one question, sweetie. How do you prevent the clog? You just sweep the nose of the spray bottles or do you do something different? Kisses!

My name is Erika. said...

That is a great idea for an AJJ page. The meaning of owning a home can be lots of things, depending on the person. And your calendars are very utilitarian. That's all they need to be. Smile. hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

This is absolutely fabulous, great idea too. x

Rita said...

I have very little knowledge of owning a home bt I am sure it feels different than renting.

Your calendar will fill up and look just fine. ;)

CJ Kennedy said...

Home ownership is a joy and a pain at the same time. 😺 Your calendar pages are so fun. The upside down 25 made me laugh. Yup, that's 2020.

Words and Pictures said...

A really thought-provoking page - particularly for someone who has just moved house to another country!! Lovely to see the calendar pages too... you're providing a catch up for me!
Alison x

craftytrog said...

A great idea for Tracey's theme, made me think Elizabeth.
Good to see your calendar pages too. I love how Christmas is upside down, very appropriate.
Alison xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great idea, it was always my dream to own my own house!
Beautiful calendar pages! her November paper has become full
hug Elke

Neet said...

Your page certainly got me thinking about the meaning of a home. I guess it means different things to different people and I started to think about just people. Made me think of those who are not lucky enough to have a home. Jo (Twiglet) on her post yesterday had made some finger snowmen to put with some chocolate for the parcels for the homeless (I think it was) - that really touched me and I was so proud to name her as one of my friends.
Hugs, Neet xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh, I love your upside down Christmas!!!! It is so representative of this year!!!! Hopefully not next year too! Great calendar pages - just finishing them is an art!!!! No life is boring with art - right?

Home ownership is when it almost owns you - especially when things go wrong! We are having a streak of those things lately it seems - things we need to spruce up and fix and we had to cut the yard again the other day. I like your topic. Lots to think about.

Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that tree on your December page. Home ownership means we need work done but don't want anyone in the house. It'll just have to wait.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Glad I scrolled back as I may have missed this one Elizabeth, it certainly brings many thoughts and great meaning. Home ownership certainly has it's ups and downs but a roof over our heads is something we should never take for granted. Nice little image you used there. Hugs Tracey x