Monday, December 14, 2020

Paradise

 

Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Tuesday, I'm once again joining Tracey of Hotchpotch Creations, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with her theme What is the meaning of?

Today I'm asking how would you define paradise?

Is this how you would envision it?


I prefer the second definition, which is any place of ideal beauty or loveliness.



I tried to match the images I found in two different travel magazines

with the background I sewed in place.


I started this page with 110 lb. cardstock to which I sewed two different images to a used tissue box that had similar colors.  Finally, I added the definition of paradise.  
 
Bleubeard and I are thrilled you chose to visit us today, and we would love to also see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on The Meaning Of


11 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, lovely page, glorious colours. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You definitely found your loveliness here, makes me want to dip my toes in the clear blue water that's paradise to me.. Happy Monday Hugs Tracey x

aussie aNNie said...

A paradise of dreams. xx

sirkkis said...

A awesome, beautiful page. The lovely place to be happy and free of business.
Have a wonderful week ahead xx

nwilliams6 said...

Those pictures do look like paradise! Beautiful colors, pictures, and deal to this Elizabeth! Lovely. Hugz

craftytrog said...

I love that floral background Elizabeth, beautiful colours, and those images definitely look like paradise to me. Great stitching too.
Alison xx

My name is Erika. said...

I'm not really a big tropical person, usually because you get humidity, but I would like to be there right now. You created a beautiful atmosphere with this page my friend. I love those cool rocks in the photos too. I also like the stitching. One of these days I am going to clean off my sewing table and get to a few projects I have that need sewing. I am missing it, but also am feeling like there are other things to do now. Hope you had a great weekend, and see you later for T. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

I love this piece. I am impressed on how the sewing adds to the overall context of the page. Give me the tropics any day, except the monsoons LOL Enjoy your day.

Mae Travels said...

Your view that paradise is on a beautiful beach agrees with mine, but I like more muted colors. I think the closest I came to seeing such a beach was in French Polynesia, though I think the nearly-uninhabited islands would be a challenging place to actually live, as there is little else to do but look at the view. It would be sad if you got to paradise and then found it was boring on a day-to-day basis.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sandra Cox said...

Love this page, dear Elizabeth. Hawaii is on my bucket list.

Divers and Sundry said...

That looks like paradise to me! It's cold here, and I keep turning up the heat lol