Monday, November 2, 2020

Second on the 2nd: Flight


Since Wendy's theme at Art Journal Journey is birds, I thought I'd look for a second look that featured birds.  Although it was from a larger post, the part that is relevant was from May, 2019.  I called it Flight.  Please be aware, the specific link challenges listed below will not be valid.


I'm joining Erika, aka Bio Art Gal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her themes In the air/In the sky.  Today I've once again chosen In the sky.

I'm also joining Try it on Tuesday with their theme this fortnight, Things with wings.

These birds are flying in formation high above the clouds.

They have certainly taken Flight.


For this page, I began with black cardstock, then added a background technique where I mixed gesso and my handmade shimmering mist I applied using a sea sponge.  I was quite happy with the way it turned out.  Once the background was dry, I sewed the focal image in place using green variegated thread.  Finally, I found these stickers in my stash, sent to me years ago by my dear friend Cindy.  Yes, I've had these at least eight years, I fear.  Time to use the last of them.

Thanks so much for your visit today.  I am always grateful when you drop by.

______________________________________________

I hate to do this to you, since so many of you don't like Inlinkz, but since I don't pay for either of these sites (Mr. Linky and Inlinkz), I can only show one link at a time.  Unfortunately, at 4:00 p.m. my time, T Stands For Tuesday will be here, so it's Inlinkz or nothing this month.

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.   

PLEASE NOTE: If your Second on the 2nd and your T Tuesday post are the same, please link BOTH PLACES.





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

I'm also sharing this with Art Every Day Month, or AEDM. This is Day 2 and I hosted a link party where each person brings back a post that has been previously published. 
 
 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

I like the birds in flight.

(re your Kew visit - our current Covid restrictions means we only HAVE to wear masks in indoor spaces, so outdoors is ok, although some people keep them on all the time depending on where they are outside. And obviously a couple as in the photo would feel safe together! (I imagine you were being ironic! We're going back into lockdown though,on thursday, so that's your lot for Kew for a few weeks. thanks, as ever for your visit. )

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice piece, birds in flight are always fascinating. I will try to get something up with my tea post later, but can't promise, have a lot on my plate just now. Take care, hugs, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

Inlinks is a pain in the butt! So, my post is up as my check-up has been re-scheduled for midday. Now I need coffee!

Iris Flavia said...

Flying above the clouds, a beautiful thought (for being a bird, that is!). Beautiful background, too!

CJ Kennedy said...

Such a nice image. It's fascinating to watch the geese cut their V across the sky. They take turns as the leader, everyone helps the weaker, and no bird is left behind. Too bad, we weren't more like them.

Barbara said...

Very pretty shimmering technique. It looks underwater-ish to me. ☺️

My name is Erika. said...

I love seeing this page again. I also love how this page not only worked for my old challenge but how it also works for Wendy's new one. When I went back looking for a bird post, and I found plenty, I got rather down seeing all the things I was able to do in non-covid times. I bounced back but decided just to stick with some old photos. Thanks for linking back to that challenge. See you later for T. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Great piece and fits several events too Happy second on the 2nd Kathy

Karen said...

I love watching the birds fly in formation. The geese make a lot of noise, but they look so cool because they're so big. Happy 2nd!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Smart move Elizabeth, this is a fabulous page - one of the joys of Autumn. We have seen quite few geese on the move this year! Hugs, Chrisx

WendyK said...

Great page Elizabeth, love seeing birds in flight.
Hugs Wendy

Mia said...

What a fabulous page, Elizabeth. Stunning background, my friend. I still have not made my owm mists, but I have saved the link for the tutorial of your handmade mists, I have bought some mica powders, so I think that soon I will do it. Kisses, my friend. Once again, I forgot the Second on the 2nd!

Jeanie said...

Flight is a wonderful word for this topic and I really love how you expressed it with the birds. It's a beautiful piece, Elizabeth.

craftytrog said...

Fantastic page!!! xx

DVArtist said...

Wow for me this is a very powerful piece of art. Your are amazing. Enjoy your day.

DVArtist said...

OK my PC or something is acting strange. The voting part of your post didn't show up until I came back to your site. Any way I love your voting post. Here in Oregon we have been voting by mail for 20 + years. We get our ballots in the mail around the second week of Oct. We have boxes to put them in or send through mail, which this year most did the boxes. I tracked my ballot and it arrived and was counted on Oct 19th. Enjoy your day.

Serena Lewis said...

Love this one, Elizabeth...you did a great job on the background!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the birds in flight :)

All the best Jan

Mia said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I am very glad that I managed to enter the Second on the 2nd!!!!
Kisses, sweetie.

nwilliams6 said...

Great bird page. Love the birds and the background. Super well done! Hugz