Sunday, November 1, 2020

A new host at Art Journal Journey


Today we're introducing a new host at Art Journal Journey.  Please welcome Wendy K of Wendy's Art and Craft Journal.  Her theme is Birds and I am excited about making bird art this month. 

I began by finding an image on the internet that I printed using my laser printer.

Because there were musical notes on the page, 
 
I named it A bird sings because it can.

I took the opportunity to play with my watercolors that I won from CJ.

I used all 12 colors in the set. 

I was going for lots of color.

I wasn't always successful keeping the watercolors between the lines.

It took four days to complete this page.

It was definitely a labor of love.

At least it started out that way.



Then I got the idea to sew it to a piece of cardstock.

That's when I got in trouble.


Instead of sewing, I should have glued the colored piece to the cardstock

and I wouldn't have had all the ripples and bumps.

For this piece, which obviously buckled when I sewed it to the cardstock, I spent four days coloring this bird.  Once finished, I computer generated the sentiment, which I also sewed to the assembly using variegated thread.

Thanks so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We sincerely hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Birds.  We also hope you will join Wendy, Chris, Valerie, Yvonne, Erika, Bleubeard, and me this month at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Birds.  Please be aware, we want to see your altered book pages, journal pages, loose journal art, canvases, fabric pages, and digital art.  However, we cannot accept cards, ATCs, ATCoins, tags, small index cards, or 3-D art, and, as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.

I'm also joining Leah Piken Kolidas again this year for AEDM where I have committed to making art every day in November, or Art Every Day Month.  This will be my ninth year I have joined in.  This is Day 1 and I created a journal page I spent time coloring and sewing for Art Journal Journey. 

As an aside, for those of you who were here yesterday, 

you saw this.
 
This is what it normally looks like when I look out across the street.  Isn't electricity wonderful?

 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful bird page, so colourful, well done on all that colouring. Love the snowy photos, too, it looks like winter! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Serena Lewis said...

A lovely, colourful piece for the first day of AEDM! I'm happy to be joining in again this year after missing a few.

Nice snow pics!

Have a lovely weekend ~ :)

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, with watercolors I´d fail, I´m just using colored pencils for this. Or... did, maybe I should get back to it! Or share some. it´s soothing, isn´t it?
There is a German word that comes to mind, "krass". Hm. "blatant", "incredible"... I just cannot imagine to have no electricity at home.
I lived in the Outback with but a gas latern but at home?! I never had to be thankful there is electricity, it is normal! It is "given". Glad you can see it with some kind of humor...

NatureFootstep said...

I love your colorful bird. And watercolor, as I have experienced, does not often behave as one thinks. :)

AEDM is on. Wonder if I can make all days :)

My name is Erika. said...

I do like this bird. And I particulary like those joyful colors you chose Elizabeth. Perfect for the making this darker day bright. Happy new month. Hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

Love how colorful the bird is, and the contrast with snowy photos is great!

CJ Kennedy said...

Colorful page. Looks like you enjoyed painting the bird, too. My area got snow, too, but we didn't lose electricity. Though that was the worry because the snow was wet and heavy and there were still trees that had their leaves. So glad you have electricity. A marvel, indeed. Take care.

Mae Travels said...

Cool bird image! I like coloring in pages like that, but I think I finished all my coloring books.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

Very nice in the bird. I love all the bold colors and he really looks like a song is in the air. Enjoy your Sunday.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous bird Elizabeth! The colours really are so vibrant and are clearly making your bird sing for joy! Every year I say I will join in with AEDM...I'm going to link mine today and see how I go on - I'll be making CI samples soon but will need a warm up for sure each day! Hugs, Chrisx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful bird, his is such a cute and funny journal page, it is so cute drawn and colored with the seams around the outside!
Hug Elke

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your bird's style :)

That snow looks sweet to these Southern eyes :) and electricity, yes, I approve of electricity -for everybody :)

Rita said...

What a cute, colorful bird. :)

Sharon Madson said...

Your art piece is great, Elizabeth! And yes, I am thankful for electricity!

WendyK said...

A lovely colourful page Elizabeth, love that bird.

Jeanie said...

Oh, this is so colorful and happy! And I love your view from the front!

sirkkis said...

Your bird page is super!
Have the healthy and happy November xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful colourful bird!
Glad you have power again. Keep warm!
Alison xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful bird page, so colourful.
I enjoyed seeing the snowy photographs, and so pleased your electricity is back!

All the best Jan

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful bird page! Super pretty colors. The snow is very pretty and electricity is WONDERFUL. I appreciate it more after losing it for 3 days recently.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It looks a happy bird