Saturday, November 28, 2020

Not exactly days of wine and roses

 

Because we still have a few more days in November, I'm once again joining Wendy, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with her theme entitled Birds

I wanted to create something that would have a very feminine feel to it.

I did a play on words when I created the sentiment. 
 
I auditioned several pieces of lace for the focal image
 
which included a rose.

For this page, I began with a lovely and colorful image I had in my stash.  Not sure where I got it, but I've definitely had it a LONG time.  I printed it and the sentiment using my laser printer, which has only black ink.  I auditioned many different pieces of lace until I was happy with each one.  Because everything, including the black cardstock background was black and white, I used black and white variegated thread to sew the laces to the page and the images.

While you're here,

I thought you might like to see the tag I created for Valerie's theme at Tag Tuesday which is Pets.  Goaded by both Valerie and Bleubeard, I finally finished this today.

I went a little overboard on the photos.  You might be able to see where I tried to punch a hole that included the incredibly thick plastic substrate I used as backing.  You can also see the heart I created from handmade textured paper.







I love this photo of Bleubeard's close-up.

For this tag, I started with a sheet of very thick plastic (1/8 inch), then covered it with vintage sheet music.  Next, I layered washi paper, two tickets, a clear rectangle cut glass, a button, and a feather found in my yard.  Bleubeard swears he had nothing to do with the feather and I believe him. I finished it off by adding the textured heart and outlining the tag with purple ink.

Thanks so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We sincerely hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Birds, and at Tag Tuesday with your take on Pets.  

I'm also joining AEDM.  Today is Day 28 and I created a journal page for Art Journal Journey and a tag for Tag Tuesday.

17 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Dreamy first one, but, oh, I just love the second, it´s wonderful! Believe me, I looked at it for quite a while and enjoyed! Thank you for a big smile and happy heart.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, good morning! Love both pieces today, but the tag has to be my fave, I wonder why? Glad I was able to goad you into making a tag, and Bleubeard is always handsome, so it must please him. I slept late today, which was good, I could hardly believe it was nearly 8 am when I woke up! Hve a good and safe day, hugs, Valerie

WendyK said...

Lovely bird and cat art work today, love the sewing and photograph. Thank you for sharing with us on Tag Tuesday..
Hugs Wendy

sirkkis said...

I really love the dreamy bird art with the wonderful bird image and beautiful lace.
You have an excellent printer as all is perfect.
The cat-tag is very cute and love it, too.
Take care and enjoy the weekend xx

Barbara said...

The lace adds the feminine touch you wanted, and birds help. Lovely!

Karen said...

love the kitty tag! so cute ~ the bird page in black really shows off the lace too.

CJ Kennedy said...

Days of birds and flowers is very pretty with the lace trim, but the tag has to be my favorite. Bleubeard is such a handsome kitty. I believe him, too, that he had nothing to do with the feather. Enjoy your day!

craftytrog said...

I love those lace frames on your page Elizabeth, and you tag is just adorable!
Alison xx

Serena Lewis said...

I love black and white art...your lace embellished pieces turned out beautiful!

That tag is purrr-fect too! I'm sure Bluebeard would agree. :)

My name is Erika. said...

You've outdone yourself today Elizabeth. I love the lace with the birds. That lace is beautiful. And on the black it really pops off the page. Very classy. I also love your tag for Tag Tuesday. That is another gorgeous piece with so many details. Your art today has a very Victorian feel-love that. Hope you are having a nice weekend. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Hard to believe November is almost over already. I will miss the bird theme. :)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

O is that so romantic your journal page with the shelves and your day and sweeten your Tag with the cat!
Happy Advent time, hugs Elke

NatureFootstep said...

Love the bird and what gorgeous lace you have :) The circular one is my favorite.

And Bleubeard is posing nicely on your tab :)

Sandra Cox said...

I love both of these. Absolutely purrfect, dear Elizabeth.

nwilliams6 said...

Great bird page. I love, love, love your lace!!!! Super cool. Then in contrast we have the cat who looks like he may have caught a bird....that feather makes us hope it is left when the bird got away really fast. Lovely details on both creations, Elizabeth. Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the heart button and the cut glass piece. Sweet! I like the black and white birds and flowers page. The lace is so pretty!

Jeanie said...

Love them both but you know I will ALWAYS love the kitty best!