Sunday, November 29, 2020

Monday Murals: Wichita Toy Train Museum


It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.

I found this mural painted on a fence.

I thought it was a clever idea and I've never looked for murals on fences before.

They've included the Kansas and the Federal flags, but no Wichita flag.



This museum is located at 130 Laura and is open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m..  Be aware, these may be PRE-COVID hours.  If you plan to go, call first.

I wish I knew how to create murals.  I'd paint the ugly fence that was erected by my neighbor on the north side of my house.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.

I'm also sharing this with AEDM.  Today is Day 29 and I photographed a mural in my city.



17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a fun mural, And I'm sure a lot of people love museums like that. Have a great day, take care, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

this is an awesome mural and I am thinking would be a very fun museum to visit too Happy Monday

craftytrog said...

It looks like a great place to visit Elizabeth. I love the mural!
Happy Advent.
Alison xox

CJ Kennedy said...

That is one very cool mural. As to painting the fence, since it is the neighbor's fence, and if the neighbor put the fence 3 feet or say behind the property line, you'd need permission to paint the fence as the fence belongs to them and to stand on their little patch of property to paint. Easier to plant bushes. Did you plant the Rose of Sharon bushes there? They will look beautiful and fill in. A living mural.

My name is Erika. said...

I know a few people who would love this museum. Train people are as obsessive as other likes. This is a cool fence mural. Happy Sunday. Hugs-Erika

NatureFootstep said...

this Museum would probably be fun to visit. Lots of interesting stuff to look at. :) That fence is gorgeous. :)

Sandra Cox said...

I love the mural! So realistic.
Hope your Thanksgiving was as great as you are.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is awesome. I love this mural.

Serena Lewis said...

WOW...such a spectacular mural! Love it!

Mae Travels said...

Miniatures really appeal to me so I usually love to see displays of model or toy trains, even though I’m not that into trains.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sami said...

Wow, what a fabulous mural Elizabeth, the trains are very detailed. I'm sure it would be a great museum to visit.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Bertiebo said...

Cool!

s.c said...

Nice mural about the trains and what difference it makes when the fence shelves are against each other. Must have been difficult for the artist but wonderful work.

Jackie McGuinness said...

So fun and I would visit there.

Our museums are closed as we are in another lockdown. Even before all museums went to a required timed entry ticket (even if entry was free). I actually loved this idea, it reduced the crowds.

Tom said...

...you found a wonderful mural, this BIG boy still love toy trains! For me trains and Christmas go together! Take care and stay safe.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'd love to go there! The mural must get a lot of selfie attention.

So many artsy folks read your blog that I imagine help with your own mural would be easy to come by. Me? I might just paint each board a different color ;)

Linda said...

Trains are interesting. Thanks for sharing.