Sunday, December 6, 2020

Monday Murals: Untitled stars


It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.

I think we all recognize Gene Simmons from KISS and Frankenstein.

When I first saw the mural I was sure this was Joan Jett (lead singer and songwriter of the Blackhearts, who I've seen in concert).  She is famous for wearing black leather jackets, many of them embellished in some way.  However, I don't remember her hair being curly. 

This mural was painted by Chris Trenary, who I couldn't find anything about.

I found this mural at 1125 East Douglas, Wichita, Kansas (USA).

EDIT: Check out the link Erika found:  https://metalheadzone.com/kiss-gene-simmons-reacts-to-bizarre-wall-painting-of-himself-with-frankenstein/

It's an instagram image.  And yes, it's the same mural, only I made sure no car tags were showing in my photos.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  If you look around, you might find a mural of your own to share.


25 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a scary mural, but very well done. Have a great day! Take care of yourself!Hugs,Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, so realistic!

kathyinozarks said...

Wow you have some amazing murals nearby My brother has always been super into Kiss-me not so much I am a country girl Happy Sunday

Nancy said...

You live in mural country for sure! And you get great photos- I know it's not always easy to capture the large expanses of wall.

CJ Kennedy said...

That is so cool!

My name is Erika. said...

I wonder if that is Gene Simmons minus the KISS make up. Not Joan Jett, I think it's a male. Check out this link. https://metalheadzone.com/kiss-gene-simmons-reacts-to-bizarre-wall-painting-of-himself-with-frankenstein/

It was the first thing that came up when I searched for it.
Nice artwork too!

Mae Travels said...

Very amazing in how scary Frankenstein can be!

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

Interesting design. Great portraits!

kwarkito said...

Nice art work. i like when it's in black and white too...

DVArtist said...

Wow!!!! I would love this as a poster in my house. Excellent!

Barbara said...

So realistic, um...if it’s possible for these characters to be realistic!

Tom said...

...great images in bold black and white. A great find take care and have a wonderful week.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Wow. How do they do it! How do they get such good proportions and light and shadow, etc. on such a huge "canvas" as a wall? Murals just amaze me. This was awesome.

aussie aNNie said...

Well painted but a tad creepy hey. xx

Rita said...

Really done exceptionally well. I don't know who the woman is, either, but that would have been my guess, too. :)

Bertiebo said...

I don't know Gene Simmons, but I know Frankenstein and I know this is beauatiful work

pearshapedcrafting said...

Another amazing Wichita mural - do all US cities have murals like these? Looking at the comparison with the car this must be huge! Hugs, Chrisx

Sami said...

Fabulous mural Elizabeth, quite realistic!
The third person is Joey Ramone from the Ramones.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals :)

Jackie McGuinness said...

Love this mural!! And isn't it great when you find out more info on a piece.

Jeanie said...

A little creepy and intense but SO VERY WELL DONE! Wow. I admire that.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

oh em cod how total lee awesome is this !!!!! exceptionally well done; all three murals... and Sami has it; that's Joey Ramone ♥

bleu and squiggles...hope ya had a fun filled got in trubull total lee awesum weekend !!! ;) ♥♥☺☺

Lowcarb team member said...

This is an amazing mural.

All the best Jan

RO said...

I really like this mural a lot! Hugs, RO

craftytrog said...

A brilliant mural! xx

dee Nambiar said...

Oh wow!
Some really well done work. Great find, Elizabeth.