Monday, November 16, 2020

Lunch time


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Tuesday, I'm once again joining Wendy, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with her Birds theme. 

I call this Lunch time!  And because Try it on Tuesday's theme this fortnight is Traditional Christmas Colors, I am also joining their challenge.   Although the pine branches look a bit turquoise, they are supposed to be green.

I found this image on my computer.  I'm not sure where I got it,

but I thought I would get my new watercolors out and play again.

This time, I didn't even try to stay within the lines

because I know unless I'm super careful, they will migrate outside the designated lines.

For this page, I first printed the image on 110 lb cardstock using my laser printer, then colored it using watercolors.  Even though this is much looser than the watercolor entry I created the first of the month, this still took over a day to color.  When finished, I printed the sentiment which I also colored using watercolors.  BTW, how many of you get an orange in your Christmas stocking every year?  I know I love to get one.  That's why the orange is so relevant, because it's also a Christmas color in my world.

We are delighted you took time to visit Bleubeard and me today.  We sincerely hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your take on Birds and Try it on Tuesday with your take on Traditional Christmas Colors

Today is Day 16 of AEDM and I created a page for my art journal and joined two additional challenges.

24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal piece, and thanks so much for joining us again at TIOT, much appreciated. Have a great week, take care, hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is so cute your journal page! I love how happy the birds are in the beautiful bird house and can feed with relish.
Have a happy start to the week, hug Elke!

NatureFootstep said...

love your lunch gathering :) Fun and beautiful!

Meggymay said...

Good morning Elizabeth, I have been having a lovely catch up here. Lots of fabulous art projects, sorry I haven't time to leave a comment on them all.
The bird related pages are inspirational and I am so pleased you added some of your art to the TioT's challenge theme.
Take care and stay safe.
Yvonne xx

WendyK said...

Some more gorgeous red birds for my theme, thank you.
Hugs Wendy

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, awesome job with the watercolors I love it! Happy Monday Kathy

Serena Lewis said...

This is lovely! The birds are sweet and I like how you coloured the roof slats.

I love oranges!

Re. Blog templates - My assumption may not be the case...could just be new Blogger hiccups but I do recall with Weebly where I have my website through....their older website templates started glitching and then Weebly retired them. They had more modern-looking new templates. I hope that won’t be the case with Blogger but it does make me wonder.

nwilliams6 said...

Great images and your colored them up so pretty. I love these birds and your fun words add to the fun of the page. Super colors too. Inspiring. I may try something like this soon. Hugz

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Tiene preciosos colores y está hecha con muy buen gusto.

Este trabajo tiene mucho mérito, al ser una obra propia.

Feliz semana.

Barbara said...

Excellent color choices, perfect for the holidays!

My name is Erika. said...

You have a three-for too. Nice to hit all 3 challenges in one. The branches look light green to me. Perfect for TIOT-thank you for joining us! Perfect for AJJ with those beautiful cardinals. And a nice piece for day 16. This month is definitely flying right by. Happy new week! See you later for T. Hugs-Erika

Nancy said...

You did really well with your watercolors. This looks very nice. And I like the colors you used... including the orange. We used to get an orange in the Christmas stocking, too. "Loose" is about all I can manage with watercolor, so I'm impressed with your piece.

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the cardinals and an awesome paint job. I remember getting a chocolate orange. It's a chocolate ball flavored with orange. You smack it on the table and it breaks into orange segments. I started the tradition with the girlies.

craftytrog said...

Such a joyful page, I love it Elizabeth!
Happy new week,
Alison xx

Debra said...

This is just beautiful!

Bill said...

A beautiful piece of art, I love the birds. Nice work!

Linda Manning Findley said...

"E" I love cardinals and you named this so well ... great job

DVArtist said...

Lunch time is perfect. It reminds me of Mexico for some reason. Hope all is well over there. We are getting ready for another 2 or 3 days of high winds. The warnings are already flashing across the TV.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

this is another really awesome piece Elizabeth that I dare not show da tabbies !!! ☺☺♥3

Jeanie said...

This one gives me a big smile, Elizabeth. I love cardinals -- one of my favorite birds and I just saw the first in many months the other day. Definitely Christmas colors!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a happy and beautiful page! The birds look like they are enjoying their lunch (grin), love how you coloured them too 😁. Take care and wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs, Jo x

Lowcarb team member said...

I love your birds, they look so happy and colourful.

Have a good week ahead.

All the best Jan

Mrs.B said...

A lovely colourful page Elizabeth, the birds look as if they're in for a feast!
When I was small I always got an orang and an apple in my stocking, but I remember my children weren't too impressed. We changed things up and swapped for a Chocolate Orange, that went down better.
Thanks for sharing this page with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is fabulous Elizabeth! Such pretty birds at your feeder! Yes , a Christmas stocking has to have an orange in the toe, although ours was always a Tangerine or Satsuma - much easier to peel! Thank you so much for this new entry to Try It On Tuesday. Hugs, Chrisx