Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Just my style


I'm back joining Wendy, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with her theme entitled Birds.

I call this Just my style.

I hope you can see why.




I love the birds I found in a Somerset Magazine.  I was able to make them my style.

I began with a background of birds.  I dyed the lace, which was originally white, then I added it to the page.  I computer generated and printed the sentiment, then colored it using a brown water soluble crayon.

I know this is a quickie today, but it took awhile for the lace to dry.  We are delighted you took time to visit Bleubeard and me today.  We sincerely hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Birds

And of course, I'm also joining AEDM.  This is Day 18 and I created a page in my art journal.


24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a lovely page, Elizabeth, love the rusty colours and grungy style. Hope you can get a bit of a rest today after all the catching up you had to do! Take care, stay safe and well! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Just fabulous Elizabeth!
Hugs, Susi

NatureFootstep said...

love thee birds :) And the lace is quite nice when I look on the larger images :) Great idea I might use. :)

Iris Flavia said...

Creative, I like your style!

WendyK said...

A great page, love the colours you've used and the birds look great, thank you.
Hugs Wendy.

Mia said...

Great page, Elizabeth. I LOVE YOUR STYLE!

Mae Travels said...

Your fuzzy birds look very nice, the way you have imaged them. I love birds and often post photos of them.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

I’m not sure about your style having a name except “fabulous”! I especially like your backgrounds. Well done!

kathyinozarks said...

God morning, I really love thi sone allot Elizabeth

My name is Erika. said...

I see the rust color. This is a great image and you used it well. Another nice piece for AJJ m friend. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

this is your style. I love the rusty color you have here. BTW, I received an email that the sidebar and other gadgets are now fixed. I was able to use my sidebar this AM. Have a great day.

craftytrog said...

I really love this page Elizabeth! Gorgeous colours and textures!
Alison xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

the lace looks like the birds tree....way cool :) ☺☺♥♥

Divers and Sundry said...

Nice! I like the birds and the colors are great!

Sandra Cox said...

Ooh. I really like this.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I love how your birds look on this. Great art style.

Tom said...

...I like your style.

Rita said...

Very pretty and love the texture. :)

Jeanie said...

I love the subtlety of the bird in this piece. It is so enigmatic, almost like a figment, yet very present.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and I love your style, the birds are gorgeous. x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

this is really your style and you can see it in the burden, great idea and with these birds and digital processing.
Looks very nice from your journal page!
Have a good day,hug Elke

Lowcarb team member said...

Simply lovely :)

All the best Jan

Let's Art Journal said...

Stunning page! Loving the grungy look with the faded images of the birds and the colours remind me of autumn - perfect 😀. I hope you've had a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful Elizabeth, a great idea to colour the lace too! Hugs, Chrisx