Saturday, November 7, 2020

Birds of a feather


I'm joining Wendy, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with her theme entitled Birds

I named this Birds of a feather but there is a twist.

The three birds

are discussing

why they must

practice social distancing.

For this spread, I began with a sheet of 90 lb copier/printer paper to which I sewed the birds I found on the cover of a recent Mensa magazine.  One of the "boys" (yes, Squiggles) decided he wanted those birds, so I was lucky he didn't rip the  cover, but merely bent it.  I tried to sand a bit of the shine off the page, but it didn't seem to work.  I computer generated the sentiment, then colored it using watercolors like the ones used on the birds.  Once dry, I sewed the birds and the sentiment to the page using variegated thread. 

Thanks so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  We sincerely hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Birds.  

I'm also joining AEDM.  Today is Day 7 and I created a journal page for Art Journal Journey.


24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely bird page Elizabeth, beautiful stitching!

NatureFootstep said...

so beautiful. I love it of course, I have been a birdwatcher :)

Serena Lewis said...

Your bird page is adorable, Elizabeth! :)

WendyK said...

Beautiful page Elizabeth, love those birds.
Hugs Wendy.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The image of those three little birds is so adorable - I love it 😀. Wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Iris Flavia said...

Some birds are more clever than some humans, it seems!
And also... much cuter! 😍🐦🐦🐦

Barbara said...

This is lovely!

nwilliams6 said...

Elizabeth, the birds are fabulous and I love the sewing! I think I am going to do some sewing in my creations this week. Wonderful page. Hugz

Tom said...

...and they stick together.

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes! I love how you found such a delightful image to pair with your sentiment. You've got a creative piece that speaks to the moment :)

Neet said...

What beautiful birds and am I glad Squiggles did not get to destroy this lovely picture. I just love what you have done with it - social distancing - absolutely brilliant!
Hugs to the three of you xxx
Neet xx

craftytrog said...

Brilliant! I love this page Elizabeth! xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous image Elizabeth, I'm not surprised that they attracted the attention of Squiggles. Here you go again with the sewing - and it looks absolutely brilliant! I laughed at socially distancing birds but they do seem to making plan! Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Chrisxxx

DVArtist said...

Wow these birds are so pretty. It has been a bird kind of day around here. LOL

My name is Erika. said...

What a beautiful bird page Elizabeth. The birds are so sweet, and on the blue background really makes it stand out. Nice page for Wendy's challenge. Hope your Saturday has been a great day. It's been beautiful here. Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

Oh I so love this, love the birds and your stitiching. xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Your bird page is beautiful :)

All the best Jan

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I think they are doing a better job than most with their social distancing Elizabeth. Lovely page with those vintage watercolour birds very pleasing to the eye. Hugs Tracey xx

Sami said...

Social distancing birds, that's cute Elizabeth.
I was happy to hear the good news from America when I woke up this morning. Congratulations!

Rita said...

Those are the cutest birds!! Nicely done. :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Gorgeous bird art piece.

itsazoo said...

This is sooooo sweet

Gina Lento said...

Elizabeth,
Lovely post! I love birds!

I tried returning your email and it bounced.

Gina

Sandra Cox said...

So sweet!