Saturday, September 12, 2020

Heartfelt


I'm once again joining Jo at Let's Art Journal who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Texture.

Sometimes I remember to take step out photos.  This is one time I took a photo as the paint was drying in my challenges altered book.  I started with glittery fabric paint and cheesecloth.

When dry, I added these three hearts.  That's why I call it Heartfelt.

Each assembly is the same.  I started by painting copier/printer paper with red ink.  I turned the paper into hearts.

Next, I added the bit of jute I wrapped around each heart. 

Finally, I added a small heart to each assembly that I cut from a security envelope.

I took this photo so you could see how glittery the background is.



For this entry I created in my Challenges altered book, I began with two colors of glitter fabric paint and cheesecloth I stretched across both pages.  The heart assemblies are described above.

Thanks so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today, and we hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Texture

13 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

A wonderful page, rich in texture. Love the colours and the beautiful hearts. Have a great day, take care, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

That background really shines. I never would have guessed the little hearts came from a security envelope. The pattern is a lot fancier than the security envelopes I have.

My name is Erika. said...

It has fabulous texture Elizabeth. That sparkly fabric paint and cheesecloth make a wonderful background. Like how a few words are still visible. The hearts make a super image. Hope its great Saturday. I noticed you're not linked up to AJJ. Maybe this is a pre-post. But if your not online later tonight I will link you up in case that internet is being a pain again. Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

A fabulous post full of charm, texture and interesting goodie, like the hearts love it. xx

Sandra Cox said...

Oh, this piece is fun. Lots of texturing going on:)
Enjoy your weekend. Be safe.

Divers and Sundry said...

Everything works so well together, and it came out perfectly!

DVArtist said...

I really love the texture and colors and the hearts. We are OK so far. The air is stale here.

Rita said...

Texture and love! :)

Iris Flavia said...

🧡🧡🧡 Love it!

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! The glittery paint looks amazing with the text showing through and creates so much texture along with the cheesecloth 😁. The hearts are gorgeous too! This is such a fabulous page for our Texture challenge at AJJ, thank you for sharing! Take care and happy Sunday! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

Love the touches of glitter and this awesome textured page. a journal spread truely from the heart.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I love the texture of the paint and the cheesecloth. It gives it a great energy.

RO said...

I can really see the texture, and always love, love anything to do with hearts. Hugs, RO