Sunday, September 13, 2020

Monday Murals: LOL?


It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.

One day while downtown, I stumbled on this mural.  

To this day, I have NO idea what the words are because I apparently don't understand graffiti as well as I thought. I hope someone will be able to interpret it for me.

The only word I completely understood wasn't a word at all, but an acronym in capital letters meaning Laugh Out Loud.

I didn't even understand the word underneath, which initially I thought was the artist's name.

That is until I found this, which I think reads Qclinn or Qdinn.

I'm not even sure if this is a clown.

The one thing I am sure of is this mural is on the back of a building that faces Douglas on the side street Ida in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  There may be a new building going in that will completely cover this mural soon, so I'm glad I captured it when I did.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.

17 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

No idea, but that clown looks like he´s in his PJs and it´s so cold he has to wear a hat.

aussie aNNie said...

This really is a work of art and those colours, love them. x

My name is Erika. said...

I'm not sure about this one. I love the colors but clowns freak me out. I wonder if the 2 names(?) listed on top of each other are graffiti? Hard to say. And it is hard to read the letters, even the large ones. But it is far more than I see for murals so that is good! Hugs-Erika

nanskidrewski said...

The colors are pretty, but as got the meaning or words, I don’t have a clue!

Divers and Sundry said...

If the artist meant to be clearly understood by a general public I'd say this fails. The colors are ones I don't usually see in public murals.

CJ Kennedy said...

I don't think graffiti is meant to be legible. Have no idea what this tag is. Looks like Heleh Gans to me. I don't like clowns. This one is ugly.

Mae Travels said...

I agree with C.J. -- not meant to be legible, though those in the know could recognize whose tag it was. We're all outsiders. I can deal with it. My preference is for the "other" kind of murals by non-taggers.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

I love tag murals. This one is very colorful and a big playful.

Rita said...

Good grief! No clue what that says. I'd call that a fail on their part.

Tom said...

...trying to understand graffiti is a waste of time. For me it's just a bold expression by the artist. Of course that is a clown, who else would runaround with a bright nose? Thanks for sharing, enjoy your new week.

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

Looks like a clown escaped from prison to me! Not a big lover go tagged murals but at least this one is bright

s.c said...

Indeed very unclear but still it brightens up its surroundings.

Sami said...

I like the blue and green tones of the mural.
It does look as if something is being built right next to the mural, glad you managed to find it in time.
Thanks for participating Elizabeth.

RO said...

Kudos to whoever took the time to paint this, but like you, I sort of wish I knew what it said and the meaning behind it. I'll bet this is a serious conversation starter as people wonder what it is. Hugs and Happy Monday! RO

Jackie McGuinness said...

I googled the name Q names and didn't find anything but did come across some Wichita mural sites with great murals.
I don't like clowns either! But then I've always hated the circus too.

Jeanie said...

I'm not sure my comment came through because I keep forgetting to do the new retired captcha on so many blog posts. Basically, I said the mural itself wasn't quite my thing but boy, I LOVED the color and the use of it!

Linda said...

I like the colors.