Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday Smiles 382: ICADs, ICADs, ICADs


It's Friday, so let's join Annie (at A Stitch in Time) along with the wonderful ladies at Friday Smiles.

Today is all about ICADs or my Index Card A Day project that takes place during June and July each year.  This is my eighth year and I look forward to participating every year.

I now pronounce you

Above the fray

Know your place in the world

For your protection
 
It's written in the stars

These birds know for sure.

Fantasy flower
 
What a way to end ICAD 2020!


There is no way to divide 62 images by anything other than two.  Believe me, I've tried.  Here are all my July ICADs. 

In case you missed them, here are my June ICADs.  Once this goes live, I'll share them on my Previous Collaborations page, too.

Thanks for your visit today.  I appreciate it, as does Bleubeard.  Now let's head over to Annie's because she knows how to put a smile on everyone's faces.   

Even though I don't have the opportunity to play along with Tammy, I am grateful to her for hosting this event every year.  This is Tammy's 10th year.

And I am super grateful to all of you who have joined me on this yearly ICAD journey.  Since I'm not on Facebook or Instagram, it's hard for me to see what others have created.  I'm just tickled that so many of you have visited and joined me each Friday when I showed these cards.  Thank you beyond belief.  It means the world to me.
 

26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of nice ICADS, I admire your patience at sticking to it through 2 months. Have a great day, take care, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Lots great, fantastic ICADS, *wow* 2 months are that . Great artwork post! Have a happy day, hugs Elke

Annie said...

Such a lot of fab cards Elizabeth....I really don't know where you get all your ideas from.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

Not that long ago here. Boy, we were so nervous, LOL. After being together for some 20 years we got married - in Perth.
Not native language and we were never married before, we thought we have to learn all sayings by heart, and did.
Unnecessary!! Boy was I glad when it was over and those words, "I now pronounce you" came! :-)

Thank you for the memory! :-) Boy, we were stupid!
Banana, yum! There were cute German ads with a frog for Chiquita.

Written in the stars (Made in Heaven), xoxo

I need to put food in the bird feeder! My flowers may come - hot weather on the way, yayyy!

Noooo. ICAD is over?! Why?! It was such beautiful fun! I look forward to Index-cards then. Boy, I have to learn it all.

aussie aNNie said...

Patience of a saint you have, love these ICADS. xx

Meggymay said...

Oh my, another fabulous collection of cards, where do you find all the inspiration? Thank you for the ideas you give to me as I read your posts, they are stored somewhere in my fuzzy head and hopefully I will get round to using them some day.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge. Your ICADs make a great quilt together.

Karen said...

Terrific! That's dedication and it must feel good to complete the challenge and look back and say ahhhhhh ~ Looks like fun, You've inspired me to try it sometime. Enjoy your weekend

kathyinozarks said...

Great icad's congrats on the finish Elizabeth

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, so many amazing ICADs! You sure have been busy creatively with all the different designs 😀. Out of all of them Mr. Fox catches my eye and is my favourite - perfect! Thanks for the smiles and wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

DVArtist said...

Happy Friday! These are all fabulous but #2 is striking. Rise n Shine. Have a great weekend.

My name is Erika. said...

It is hard to believe July is over and your weekly ICAD presentation is over. I do enjoy them Elizabeth! You really rock them. Hope it was a good month- even if the eye event happened. Did this week's visit give any more good news. Hugs-Erika

Lynn Holland said...

A massive well done on seeing it through to the end. You’ve got some beauties too.
Have a lovely weekend
Lynn xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic, fantastic collection - and bravo on completing the ICAD challenge again. I've loved catching your collaged cards whenever I've seen them (I know I've missed some along the way, sorry - it's been a hectic month for me), and this final batch is no exception. The lovely vintage browns on the first one, clever use of the fruit labels, delightful bird stamps and lovely handwriting and stitching detail all caught my eye.

Hope you've got something lined up to do next!!
Alison x

Darla said...

You always do challenges so well. I really am impressed with your cards. I enjoyed seeing the monthly series put together.

mamapez5 said...

Lots of nice artwork there. What a colourful set of ICADS. You will miss that project now it is finished. Well done for seeing it through to the end. That takes some commitment. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant collection Elizabeth, lots of great designs. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Wow! You did it! So many wonderful ICADs. That last one is special, as you made it for Squiggles.
I love the way you use bits and bobs we are all familiar with, like the PIN sticker on a new credit card, or the stickers from the bananas and pineapples.We all recognize those stickers wherever in the world we live.
A huge 'well done' to you!
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Wow, all those iICADs Elizabeth, you’re an intrepid soul, as two months is 62 as you say... but must confess wondered how come not 61, as 30 days in June and 31 in July, unless Squiggles tempered with numbering system so he had one! 😂😂😂😂
That post with all those photos must have taken you ages to do too, well done, you excelled!
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well. And thanks so much for popping over too!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Mae Travels said...

As most of the commenters say -- that's a very impressive collection of creative cards. I like the banana labels. When my daughter was little, she would stick every label on the back of her chair, so this makes me think of that long-past time.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

That's a lot of work and a lot of time there, Elizabeth. I loved the first one -- the Marriage one. Well, I liked a lot of them! I admire that you use so many techniques so well!

Cindy McMath said...

What a great wrap up for this year’s iCADs. I love seeing your collection at the end. My favourites this week: Above the fray - it is a great abstract piece. Know your place made me smile. So did For your Protection. And of course I loved the card with the sweet little birds. We did it again my friend! Such fun!

craftytrog said...

Your icads look wonderful all together Elizabeth. I love them all, but it’s written in the stars is my favourite of the final week.
Hope you had a great weekend,
Alison xx

Divers and Sundry said...

You offer so much variety in these. Cool!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow!
Lots of lovely ICADS.

All the best Jan

RO said...

Wow! You did such an amazing job! Hugs, RO