Friday, July 31, 2020

A new month, a new host at Art Journal Journey


Before I reveal our new host at Art Journal Journey, I want to thank Erika for her hosting July's Art Journal Journey.  We are all proud of her and the beautiful entries that gave us lots of ideas and inspiration.  Thanks, Erika.  Now I want to share a get well card I received 

from my dear friend Halle at Halle's Hobbies.  I was so impressed with the composition of this card, I told her I might have to steal (oops, I mean borrow) her design.  Little did she realize I would use it as my introduction to this month's Art Journal Journey host, who is

Alison, AKA Craftytrog who you'll find at Craftytrog's Arty Adventures. Alison's theme this month is Pockets and Tags.

This is my entry, based on Halle's beautiful card.

Of course, I had to put my own spin on it

by sewing all the pieces to the substrate.

For this page, I began by gluing a sheet of paper cut from a World Book to a page in my altered book.  To that, I sewed sheets of cut or torn card stock, colored papers, a strip cut from the same World Book, and a tag to a sheet of black card stock.  Once this assembly was complete, I glued it in place over the sheet of World Book I had already adhered to the altered book.  Once adhere, I stamped the word Courage on the tag.

Thanks beyond belief for visiting today.  Alison, Yvonne, Erika, Bleubeard, and I hope you will join us this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Pockets and Tags.  We welcome art journal pages, altered book pages, canvases, loose or stand alone pages, and digital art.

I need to be clear about one thing, though.  Your pockets and tags MUST be part of a journal or larger loose page.  Be sure to check the minimum size of your journal page, too.  Pages that don't meet minimum requirements and tags or pockets that are not attached to a journal page will be deleted.  Thanks so much for understanding and following the dreaded rules at Art Journal Journey.


20 thoughtful remarks:

DVArtist said...

What a nice gift. I too like the composition. Your "Courage" piece is one that is needed right now. It's really striking with the yellow too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely new theme from Alison, and your version of Halle's piece is a good start to the new month. Have a great day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Words of encouragement goes a long way today, great post. xx

Iris Flavia said...

Both cards are beautiful!
Is everything OK again?

Words and Pictures said...

Love the composition of your collage and the stitching detail. The book page strip is a lovely touch with the page behind echoing it. Good to see the inspiration piece too - what a lovely card to receive. A great theme at AJJ - hope to be along to play this month. I haven't been very good in 2020!
Alison x

Neet said...

I can see why you liked the card in its Hot colours from Halle and it was really good to see you had gone completely the other way and introduced cool colours to your blog page.
Those turquoise papers you used are quite pale and so give a very calming look to the whole page which I love. Works well with the word 'courage' on your tag.
Hugs to you and chin tickles to Bleubeard (and Squiggles)xxx

Barbara said...

This will be an exciting month for those who do pockets and tags. I can’t do either, so I’ll just wish everyone a creative month and watch without commenting as I can. Have fun!

My name is Erika. said...

I love both your inspiration card (a beauty from Halle) and also your page. It is great. I love the layering of tags. Funny how you chose black paper too. And the stitching looks fantastic. Hope you have a nice Saturday! Very hot here and my daughter is on her way home again. She wants to go swimming. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

Elizabeth, I love your page, and your use of your get well card for inspiration! Well done! I think I want to try this time. I found my art journal! It had been misplaced for ages! LOL. See you at the TSFT

CJ Kennedy said...

Great idea for a card that is steal worthy 😉 Your courage page is equally steal worthy and inspirational.

Pkk. to you mailed Sat. 8/1 expected delivery Tues. 8/4

craftytrog said...

What a beautiful card you received from Halle Elizabeth, and your page for my theme looks simply wonderful. I love the added stitching.
Alison xx

Eileen Bergen said...

What a cool card you received from Halle. You interpreted the design beautifully in your page. I love it! I hope you're having a lovely weekend. Hugs, Eileen

Cindy McMath said...

What a great card by Halle and a wonderful “inspired by” page by you! Lovely work both of you.

Meggymay said...

I can see how your were inspired by that great card. It is a fabulous page and inspiration for Allison's new AJJ theme. You have given me a few ideas as well.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

"dreaded rules" roflol! I got a kick out of this. I'm sure people understand each challenge has to be its own thing and have limits, or what's the point, right? :)

I love your inspiration piece and how you adapted the idea to your own style. Your stitching is always my favorite part.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a lovely card from Halle and I like your page too.

All the best Jan

nwilliams6 said...

Great card from Halle!

I love that you cased it for your page as well. Courage is a wonderful theme for these days!! Love how you did it. Super details and layout. Hugz

RO said...

Such a creative gift, and an important words too! Really enjoy your craft work and yes courage is a big deal. Thanks for speaking it with such beautiful artwork. Hugs, RO

Halle said...

Love how you used my card as inspiration! It's really nicely done! Love your color choices!! And of course the stitching. :)

Jeanie said...

A wonderful card AND page. I loved seeing how your inspiration worked!