Monday, May 4, 2020

More piano searching and my monthly calendar


This is where we left off of my trip to

The Art Park.  If you missed Part 1, you can see it here.

I decided to take a closer look at what was behind the fence.

That sign was a bit foreboding.  Needless to say, that's as far as I went.


I read about the Labyrinth, but was quickly distracted.

I'm not sure if it was the pink aligator,

or the fish.

It was winter, bitterly cold, and I was surprised the pond wasn't frozen over.  Not to worry.  I'll be back for more photos soon.  And before you ask, I never found the pianos.

I caught a lot of grief when I wrote the following the other day:
I'm not an artist (someone who can draw and sketch), but having watched several people participate last year, I decided to try it.  Sorry, I cropped this a bit too much on the right side. So, using the prompt of the day on the ICAD blog run by Tammy of Daisy Yellow, I thought I would try my luck at collage.  And what happened?  The first thing I did was try to draw something.  You might want to join the fun, too. 
First, I wrote this back in 2013.  I was trying to say I don't draw and I don't sketch.  It's just not in my wheelhouse.  I don't really know what else to call you artists who draw, sketch, color, and paint, but it isn't me.  THAT was all I was getting at.  I sew (wonky) fabric to fabric, paper to paper, and fabric to paper.  I make backgrounds that have nothing to do with drawing or sketching.  I can glue paper to paper without blinking an eye.  I write tutorials and commentaries.  I'm sure you'll all agree I do it with aplomb.  HOWEVER, don't ask me to draw the Mona Lisa, or even a beautiful flower.  I can't seem to do it, nor do I care to.  We all have our strengths and weaknesses and my strengths have NOTHING to do with painting beautiful paintings, sketches, or drawings.  Now you know what I meant.  It doesn't mean I'm not a mixed media or collage artist.

Here are my April completed pages.  Sorry they are scanned in two parts.  I had planned to add Nicole's name to the birthday list for the 27th, but forgot.  Note the quotes I found interesting in April.

I DID remember Jo's birthday.  The other birthdays had cupcakes stamped on their dates.


Here are my May pages.  Please don't ask why I chose a bicycle as my stamp of choice for May.

Here's the left side

and the right.  Thanks so very much for stopping by today.  I greatly appreciate you and your visits.

14 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That art park is a strange place, but probably made to attract kids rather than adults? Sorry you didn't find any pianos. Well done on getting your calendar pages finished. My this year's calendar is still new and untouched, and will probably stay that way! Have a great week, take care, Valerie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like that art park. And a labyrinth is always fun to walk on. Your calendar pages are lovely.

With regard to your question about how I can be going out here in Connecticut, with all of the covid-19 deaths we have: I've been sticking with going to cemeteries, which usually don't have any people at them (although with the Lock Down, I've seen a few people walking in them.) If I see any other cars, I don't stop. I avoid any places where I see people, because I'm using my own "total isolation" social distancing policy. (Obviously that doesn't apply to the grocery store, but any "stretch your legs" outings or photo op outings, my motto is no other people can be there, or I'm not getting out of the car.)

My name is Erika. said...

That water and rock landscaping is amazing. That would fit right in in my yard, well maybe not the pink gator. Smile. You sure made a great find on your piano search. Well maybe one day you will find those. Hope it is a good Monday. Hugs-Erik

Words and Pictures said...

Very happy to see some more photos of that amazing fence with each panel painted separately - it's just beautiful. The rock pool is lovely too with all those different colours of stone.

Great to get a peek at your calendar pages - I suspect the bicycle is an unconscious wish to get out and about in the wider world again, no?
Alison x

Eileen Bergen said...

That's a beautiful artist statement for you, Elizabeth. I've seen a lot of wonderful art (by you) on this site.

Thank you for your long thoughtful comment on my blog about organizing your art space and supplies. My conclusion is that how we each organize is driven by how we create. I guess that's why I've done so much reorganizing since I got hooked on mixed media and art journaling.

Eileen xx

RO said...

LOL! It's ironic that you've chosen a bike - I've been asking a friend to put air in my tires so I can try to get back out and go riding again, with no luck. Love looking at your quotes and calendar! Hugs, RO

da tabbies o trout towne said...

whitefish wavez two ewe bleu N squiggles....if we dinna come bak ta blogger ona grate day ~~~~~ coy a plentee in that pond we see ♥♥♥☺☺☺ hope this findz ewe N elizabeth happee N healthee ☺☺☺♥♥

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the look of the art park.
Your calendar pages are lovely.

Wishing you a good week ahead.

All the best Jan

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the art park. The labyrinth is not like any others I've seen. I'd love to try and walk it.

May the 4th be with you.

Caty said...

Lovely Art Park Elizabeth !! I really love the butterflies on the fence. I also like very much the pink aligator, so cool. Your calendars are awesome, this is a beautiful bicycle stamp. I always say that I have to do a calendar too, it is great.
I wish you a very nice new week, and stay safe and well. It´s a very hot day today, like in summer, thougt.
I send biig hugs,
Caty

Meggymay said...

It was good to see more photos from your trip to the park, it seems a real interesting place with lots of different areas for folk to enjoy and explore, it will probably attract more folk in the warmer months so you picked a good time to visit.
The calendar pages looked good, my first thoughts were that maybe you were going to do some cycling when I saw the stamp, but after the need to stay home is raised and we are let out again.
Take care and stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I love that fence in the park and that pond is so inviting. There's something about the bright gold koi that just make me smile.

DVArtist said...

That is a fantastic park. You live in a great place. Love your pages too.

Where To Buy Stamps said...

Thanks for this amazing article. I loved it Where to Buy Stamps.