Wednesday, April 29, 2020

In search of pianos


Back in February, I was on the east side of Wichita.  I had planned to eat at a sandwich shop the youngsters and I visited last summer, only to learn it was no longer open on Sunday.  I decided to look for the row of pianos that Sharon found on a walk and shared with us during a Tuesday T.

Sharon told us the pianos were connected to an establishment called The Art Park.  From looking over their web site, I saw they were closed on Sunday and it would be a perfect time to take my camera and look around.

As of this posting, there are 11 different establishments offering classes to young and old alike.  Although most of these establishments are geared for youngsters, some cater to teens, and some offer entire family and/or adult classes.

Everywhere you look, you see art, from the butterfly on the fence

to this metal flower.

This wall was especially interesting from an art standpoint.




I'm not sure what that turquoise "feather" or "flower" is meant to be,

but it certainly caught my eye.


This wall/fence

looks like children painted and designed it.

Of all the photos I took, I never noticed this sign.  I found this photo on The Art Park's virtual tour.  More photos another day.

22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

This looks like a fun place to wander round, with lots of interesting things to see and take photos of. Sundays are always good times to look at places. Have a fun day, stay safe! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, that looks like a very creative place indeed. My piano-times are over for good I guess, though... it would be a good excercise, we´re not getting younger, right? And we do have an electrical keyboard with which I would be quiet, too. Hmmm. Thank you for the input!

aussie aNNie said...

Love to wonder and ponder around places like this, so much to see and take in so thanks for the journey.xx

Meggymay said...

It looks like you picked a good time to look around this area, you took great photos photos to share the trip with us. So much to see and wonder over. The feather could have been an artists interpretation of a leaf if I had seen it lying near the ground. It just shows haw differently we all see things.
Take care and stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a lovely assortment of artwork there.

Barbara said...

Delightful! The mysterious turquoise flower succeeds at simply offering a splash of color. 🙂

CJ Kennedy said...

A cool place to wander around. I loved the fence painted by the children. And the stone penguin would make a nice addition to the whimsical garden.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, what an awesome place for art and to just browse around. we need more places like this for everyone.
I want to thank you for your comment-I couldn't find again where I got my information but I am thinking now the %'s were based on what is coming into the usa-packed-and then labeled that it was also raised in the usa--I am glad this is not the actual number of all of the beef. they do need to change the law in my opinion so we know the country of origin-we have buyers have the right to know that.
did you get that huge t storm last night? we even got lots of hail

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful place! Oh, so pretty and I love the art installations outside, especially the "wall" or fence. I'm glad you were able to visit this spot before lockdown.

Karen said...

Terrific art ~ I love the metal butterfly

Caty said...

Oohh what a wonder of art school Elizabeth !! I love the tour you have offered us, and above all, the most .... those butterflies everywhere. It is full of precious things, thank you very much for sharing it. Love this pink tree.
I hope you have a nice afternoon, stay safe dear friend,
Big hugs, Caty

Sandra Cox said...

This looks like a wonderful place to visit. It looks serene and peaceful. At first glance I thought it was a church. Thanks for sharing.
Stay safe. Stay healthy.

craftytrog said...

I love all that outside art! Fabulous! xx

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun outing! Creativity on display :)

DVArtist said...

Wow this is an awesome place. I would love to teach there. Great shots. I love the cement figures. Thanks for sharing this wonderful place. Enjoy your day.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice outdoor art. Did you ever find any pianos? Not that what you found is bad. I love those stacked statues. Are those cut blocks of a tree-tree rings? Very clever. Nice find and nice photos. It is great to see happy art. Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

I am glad you finally found it! I started to say what? No photos of the pianos? But then I read that you said more photos later!
Hope you are doing ok through this “stay at home” time. I have been going through boxes that I never unpacked since we moved here two years ago. If I haven’t needed it, I should be able to part with it , right? Well, I am trying ...Have a great rest of the week!

Rita said...

Definitely art everywhere you look there. :)

aussie aNNie said...

Hope you are okay, you sounded a bit 'down in the dumps' in your comment to me, sending Aussie hugs.xx

Sandra Cox said...

I love the wall/fence artwork!
Stay safe and healthy, dear Elizabeth.

Words and Pictures said...

What an amazing place to visit. I hopped straight here to part 1 as suggested, and I'm looking forward to part 2 already! I love the painted fence and those amazing carved pieces lined up against the clapboard wall. I especially like the ones which look like tall towers from an exotic fairytale castle.
Alison x

Where To Buy Stamps said...

Thanks for giving us the opportunity for leaving comments, this made possible for us to share our social profiles with you. Buy Stamps tips