Thursday, April 30, 2020

Rain's Thursday Art Date: Spring


It's Thursday, which means it's time for Rain's Thursday Art Date.  This week the theme is Spring.

I called this one Spring into Spring (2014).  I created it in my Coll-AH-ge altered book.

Any time I see tulips growing in my yard, I know spring has arrived.  I created this page in my Challenges altered book, then added the computer generated text I colored using metallic gel pens.

It's time to greet spring, even if it's slow arriving where you live.

When I think of springtime, my thoughts automatically go to Paris.  I added this spread to my large art journal.

I call this Funky Flowers Bloom in Spring.  Starting with shaving cream background, the flowers were drawn and cut from a sheet of card stock I misted with my handmade shimmering mists, then outlined in green metallic gel pen.  I added it to my Challenges altered book.

I created this in my Challenges altered book using cancelled postage stamps from all around the world.  The background was Twinkling H2Os on black card stock.

For a different take on Spring,

I turned this spring

and a handmade polymer clay bead, into a piece of recycled jewelry.

I created this ATC for a challenge.  I have forgotten how much I like making ATCs.  This one started with my handmade shimmering mists sprayed on the substrate,  a cut of window screen I dipped in silver paint, and the girl who is now wearing her spring crown having placed her winter crown on the shelf.  The other crowns on the shelf signify summer and autumn.

I call this one Spring is for the birds.  The background contains various dye inks on a substrate of 110 lb card stock.  This was created in my Challenges altered book.
 
I created this in my large art journal, I began by sewing the three collage elements together, then I sewed them to the pink backing page using variegated thread.

For a scrappy journal I created for my friend Halle,

This

and the left side 

of both these spreads reminded me of spring.

This is one of my "365 somethings" made from 4 inch X 4 inch card stock and collage elements.  I called it Nest.

I called this Flowers in Spring and created it for my large journal.  Lots of fussy cutting that doesn't show too well in this view.

I seem to use this theme a lot when spring rolls round.  I created this in my Challenges altered book.  I used a red bingo dauber for the background.

Back in 2015, I worked on Project 52.  Chelle, the host, asked us to show spring cleaning.  This was my offering.  Lots of sorting involved.

This page went in my large journal.  I sewed the images and the fancy fiber using variegated thread.  The background was my handmade shimmering mists, where several didn't want to spray.

And I'm going to stop here with my art.  This tag was created for Tag Tuesday using fussy cut birds and eggs, as well as bits of thread I saved to make the nest.  The limb is a piece of bamboo, and the wall was created using handmade texture paste.

Now to shift gears.  This photo was taken back in 2014.

This one was taken a few weeks ago while lock down was in force.

This photo was taken in a garden of a friend with whom I was staying in California (USA) a few years ago.

Back in Wichita, Kansas (USA), someone couldn't wait for spring to arrive,

so created their own spring inspired tree.

This is my first ever Tuesday Tea post.

Another spring bloom in my front flower bed.

These are just a few of my interpretations of Spring.  I could go on practically forever using this theme.  All art created by me, all photos taken by me.  Bleubeard supervised (and genuinely approved).

Thanks for stopping by.  I probably don't say it often enough, but I am truly grateful to you, my friends, followers, readers, and lurkers for visiting.  I am actually more than grateful.  Please also join me at Rain's Thursday Art Date.


 

22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful spring art, love all the different interpretations. Glad Bleubeard was happy, too. Have a great day, hope it's spring weather for you now, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

wowowow beautiful everything, the gorgeous art to represent spring and your flowers, love the use of the peg spring too.xx

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I LOVE your work!!!
No Tulips here, sadly. And weee, darn it! I just threw a broken peg away, clever idea!
I hope for the next one to break and make something fancy, too!
Oh, and I´d like to dance. Beautiful works and pics!
Grey-ish here again. Cold. Spring took a break.
Certainly. Cause a long weekend is ahead.

Helen said...

Some great images from your archives for Spring. Take care stay safe.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I smile at your wonderful creative work
Cool drawings, sewn, handcrafted! The chain is fabulous, your ideas are fascinating and I am always amazed! Nice your flower photo from the garden and this tree I had to smile with the artificial flowers on it.
I am glad that you are participating in the rain.
Have a nice day, hugs Elke

Barbara said...

Spring is everywhere now. Did you paint the tulips? Love them!

CJ Kennedy said...

Another day of rain so I enjoyed seeing all the Spring pages you made and the glimpse of your garden. How clever of you to use a clothespin spring as a jewelry finding! Take care.

Meggymay said...

Woa, I have so loved reading this post and seeing all those beautiful spring projects and photos. Its lovely to see the flowers blooming in the garden, a message of hope for the days to come.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your spring flowers, and I'm quite impressed by your "spring" pendant. Neat! That's such a creative piece of jewelry :) They'd make wonderful presents.

Your tulips and -what is it, hyacinths?- pretty flowers are doing well for you. I got a kick out of the forced blooms lol on that tree. I know the feeling.

Christine said...

Gorgeous spring post and art, very nice!

DVArtist said...

First I love the art. Those tulips are wicked beautiful. So much to look at today. Your yard is so pretty too. However, being a beader for 50 years I love the bail for the polymer. Very Cleaver indeed.

Karen said...

Hi! sorry again for the bad link I posted! I wish I could have deleted it ~ I was getting an error message when I saved it, and now I know why!
You have lot's of terrific art happening here ~ So many wonderful signs of spring displayed in creative ways. I really like the bead on the spring from the clip, what a clever idea. I'm glad I got to see the first "tea" that inspired the t party too ~ Blessings

Gillena Cox said...

Beautiful spring post Elizabeth

Much💛love

Jeanie said...

There's so much here I really like and what a great body of work, so well interpreted. But that opening Spring into Spring spread with the flowers and bright colors -- that's my favorite. Hands down. All my favorite colors and flowers too!

Thanks for coming by (I don't say it often enough) and also for your commentary about "choice" which I LOVED! Well said!

vesseys said...

So alive.
You live in a beautiful world!!!
Happy smiles of spring!
~Moondustwriter

My name is Erika. said...

I love your ode to spring. It is fun to see some pieces a second time and some a first time. And of course your garden and the spring from the clothespin turned into a great jewelry piece. Fun post Elizabeth. Happy end of April. Are you ready for it to be May?

NatureFootstep said...

wow, there are soo much to look at in your post. And so much to like. I also liked your idea of a "spring" necklace. What a great idea. :) Now I can create something from the old ones I have.
It looks like a Magnolia with yellow flowers, if it is, yours are way ahead of ours. But they will come.
Take care, stay safe. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a tonic - we have had some showers today which is of course part of what makes Spring so beautiful! Some beautiful art and photos here Elizabeth! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Beautiful art and photos, and a great use for the clothes peg spring! xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Spring is such a wonderful season.
Beautiful spring art in your post.

All the best Jan

Rain said...

Hi Elizabeth! :) I love all of your spring pieces, especially your funky flowers! And you tulips are reminding me to find some tulip bulbs to plant in the fall! How clever that you made a lovely springy piece of jewellery too! :) I love how you made your thread nest on the last piece that's so cool. Thanks to Bleubeard for his supervisory work too! ;)

Where To Buy Stamps said...

Do check out our social profile for stamps. Where to Buy Stamps tips