Thursday, January 30, 2020

Dream


Today I want to share another Art Journal Journey entry using Jo's from Let's Art Journal theme which is Something New.  I'm also joining the talented mixed media artists at Try it on Tuesday, whose themes this fortnight are White Space or Colorful Grunge.

I call this spread Dream.

I'm sure you won't believe this, but the tag was new, never used before.  Before I messed with it, that is.

Obviously, the ribbons

were not new.

The heart was punched from a 

junk mail magazine I got in the mail.

I had intended to leave more white space, but 

my handmade shimmering mists weren't as cooperative as I had hoped.

For this page, I started with 110 lb card stock that I spritzed with my shimmering mists.  Some sprayed better than others.  I tried to leave enough white space to be eligible for Try it on Tuesday.  Once the mists were dry, I sewed the three ribbons to the page.  I bought a pack of five tags a few years ago when tags were all the rage.  However, the tags I purchased were too small for the challenge, so they languished in the drawer for years.  I got this one out to use and realized it wasn't the right size I needed for Tag Tuesday's challenge, so grunged and squished it a bit.  Then I tore off the bottom of the tag and added the mists.  I then used the heart punch on an image I found in a magazine.  The image was originally the back of a denim jacket.  Finally, I sewed the tag and the word Dream to the page using variegated green thread.

Although this will be my final entry using her theme, you still have another day to join Jo at AJJ.   I want to thank Jo for hosting Art Journal Journey this month. She has been an excellent host, creating loads of art that inspires us and provides ideas we can use in our own art.  Not only that, Jo has played the perfect host, visiting everyone and responding to all AJJ comments.  Thank you beyond belief, Jo.  You are a great host and we are delighted you joined us this month.

Thanks for your visit today.  I'm delighted you stopped by.  Please also join me at Try it on Tuesday and Art Journal Journey

20 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

This tag has character!
And what a great idea with all these materials, too.
Green dreams, oh, this sure makes one wish spring´d be here!

Btw, the machine in which you can turn upside down I bought by myself, insurance does not cover that.
It was €99 (some $110), a reasonable price I think, and I assembled it myself (and I trust in my work after being veeeery careful at first ;-)...)
So, go for it!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the page with the tag, very nice and grungy and you chose good colours. Have a great day, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I am enthusiastic about your work, your journal is a dream !!!
Have a nice day, Elke

Biały Kruk (Soul) said...

I see a kind strong grungy vibe.
That shade of green looks divine for sure. Loved it! 💚

Cath Wilson said...

Love that stitching, Elisabeth...I really must get my machine out! I love the way you attach things with stitches. Love the spattering and the choice of embellishment and torn tags are always a winner for me! There's just something so attractive about a torn tag, ;-) Shimmer sprays can be a real pain because they only seem to function every now and again, despite blowing, rinsing and whatever else we try...mica has a habit of clogging up. Maybe mixing with warm water (a la Lindy's Stamp Gang) would help more...typing as I think, sorry, must try that!

This is a great page. Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, this is simply stunning! The colours looks so rich and the tag with the ribbon and heart is amazing - I love it 😁. Both the colourful grunge and white space is perfect for our theme at Try it on Tuesday, thanks so much for joining in the fun! Thanks so much for joining Art Journal Journey again too and for all your support and inspiration throughout the month! Hugs, Jo x

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely beautiful, the green and combined colours, heart is gorgeous and ribbon, love love love this.x

Meggymay said...

Oh my, I am loving the grunge and the white space you left un- inked. The paint colours looked lovely and the tag with the pretty heart and trimmings look fabulous additions to the page. Another awesome inspiration for Art Journal Journey.
Thank you for supporting and linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays as well .
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous Elizabeth. I love the green splatters. The white makes them really stand out. I am glad you linked this up to TIOT as it is perfect for this challenge. I like how you altered the tag too. Thanks for joining us and hope it is a great day! Hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork Elizabeth. I like the green colors you used.

Jeanie said...

I really, really, really, REALLY like everything on this page. The colors, the heart, the vertical line, the blend. EVERYTHING! Gorgeous to the max.

CJ Kennedy said...

This is fabulous! Colors, textures, and white space. Purrfect 😺

Divers and Sundry said...

Another winner! I like the background and think the amount of white space suits your design. I love how you arranged the elements. Nice!

RO said...

So lovely and soothing! Hugs, RO

Mia said...

Elizabeth, your page is SUPER!!! I love the look of your handmade mists. By the way, I have bought mica powders and I am going to use your tutorial to make my own mists. Let's see if they work for me!!! Hugs, my dear friend.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

I really liked this piece in photo one and liked it even better as the close ups were shown....great work Elizabeth :) ☺☺♥♥

Rita said...

I have a lot of trouble with shimmer sprays, too. Either my homemade or store boughten. I think they just always want to clog up. This turned out well, though. :)

craftytrog said...

A wonderful composition! I love this Elizabeth! xx

Mrs.B said...

I do like this page Elizabeth, the tag positioned on the ribbons is so feminine with that gorgeous heart attached. Love the contrast of the grungy background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

Marjut said...

So beautiful artwork!