Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Quirky: Lessons learmed


I'm back today joining Jo from Let's Art Journal.  She is hosting Art Journal Journey this month with her theme Something New

Somehow I feel I should call this Plastic 2.0, because I started out similar to how I started the last piece of plastic I used.  This time I started with glow in the dark neon yellow, which didn't like the plastic at all.

I've had this new stencil my dear friend Cindy gave me for my birthday last April.  I felt it was time to put it through its paces.

The purpose of the stencil was to remove some of the paint so the back could show through.  Of course, I had to wait until the paint dried, since I was once again using #6, which is shrinkable when heat is applied.

When finally dry, I inked this TH stamp

and stamped my heart out.

This time I knew what to do with what I'll call the front.

A piece of lace and two paper dolls graced the "front."

I obviously didn't judge too carefully,

because the younger girl looks like she was split down the middle due to the packing tape I used.


Of course, I was happy with the name I gave this piece.

For the back side, I cut a heart

and stamped it using one of my favorite stamps, gifted me several years ago by Valerie.

I am so happy that you stopped by today.  I hope to see you at Art Journal Journey, too. 


19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun piece, love the colours and you did loads of stamping. The butterfly heart looks good, too. Have a great day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Stamping your heart out sounds like a fun idea! I like the split in the little girl, it adds to the old touch, no?
I love both, back and front, the heart is very cute, too!

Helen said...

love those colours and the stamping.

aussie aNNie said...

wow do I love this or do I love this, yes it's amazing and gorgeous stamping and beautiful colours.xx

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning-I love the colors too for the background-and I really love the side with all the stamping on it, awesome heart stamp too--the opposite side is nice too with the girls.

My name is Erika. said...

You outdid yourself my friend. Both sides are really beautiful. The paint on plastic effect is wonderful. I never thought of painting plastic, but I think I need to try it. I love the quirky word and the lace you added. Happy Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My Elizabeth! My new favourite! I love the colours, the texture....Oh! I love all of it - front and back! Absolutely wonderful!
BTW I have cappuccinos when I don't want a snack - I just can't resist those almond croissants!! Mostly I am doing quite well at getting my glucose levels down!! Hugs, Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

This was fun to see how it came together. The background reminds me of old-fashioned wallpaper, and the lace looks like a measuring stick. The older girl is 5 lace circles tall.

Jeanie said...

I really love this piece, Elizabeth. The colors are just perfect with the image and I appreciate seeing the step-outs. It's just fun.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow! I love this piece Elizabeth, so fun to see the steps along the way, you must be so pleased with the result 💙

Nancy said...

This turned out beautifully! I like your method.

Sandra Cox said...

What a lovely final product. Quirky indeed.
Hope you are healthy.

Divers and Sundry said...

Love this, and I love how that background turned out. I'd think plastic would be hard to work with.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

fun piece today Elizabeth !

N wavez two ewe bleu N squiggles; we hope thiz findz ya gettin inta ten kindz oh trubull ;) ☺☺♥♥

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful pages! That looks such a fun technique and I love the grungy background that you created 😀. Thanks so much for another inspirational page for Art Journal Journey, it's lovely of you to join in the fun! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

I think you must have had fun creating this double sided page. The paint plastic effect with the stencil looks fantastic. You gave the piece a super title as well. It is a great piece of inspiration for Jo's theme.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Fun, colorful, and...quirky! LOL! :)

RO said...

This turned out well, and quite creative. You always come up with the neatest stuff! Hugs, RO

craftytrog said...

More gorgeousness! Love this too! xx