Sunday, December 29, 2019

Monday Murals: this is not a repeat


I'm once again joining Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. Although I post at my regular time, please be aware that Sami's mural linky won't go live until 10:01 a.m. my time. I believe Sami is now back from her Christmas hiatus and Bleubeard and I are anxious to resume this weekly visit with her.

Some of you will see this mural in your icon view.  I have shown it before.  It was created by Pinkston in 2019.  Why am I showing it again, you ask.

The answer is simple.

I was driving by another day when I noticed the opposite side.

It is equally lovely.  I have to believe the same artist painted both sides.

The last time I stopped by, a lady was just leaving with a bag of what I thought was take out food.  I asked what kind of a restaurant it was.  I'm not sure if she didn't understand me, or what, but she said Guatemalan.  However, this time I took a photo of the signage (or part of the sign) and looked it up on the internet.  Tianguis Carniceria is a meat market, not a restaurant.  It is located at 3020 West 13th Street in Wichita, Kansas (USA) and may or may not be run by a Guatemalan butcher.

I would like to wish everyone a very happy, safe, and healthy New Year.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


23 thoughtful remarks:

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I really enjoy these murals-nice that these were on opposite sides-

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely mural. Good news - your card arrived yesterday, along with a few others, thanks. The post has been very bad this year. Have a great day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Beautifully painted! And, wee, there is so much in the world that reminds me of The Simpsons, how crazy is this? In one episode Homer ate a Guatemalan Jalapeno and had the weirdest dream.
I know, totally off topic ;-)

Helen said...

came to mention that I forgot to put in the Kew post about the blue flowers - my bad, they are just yellow orange and white (don't have room in my camera bag for my reading glasses so never take them with me, mis-read a sign as "blue")

Meggymay said...

The mural looks super on both sides, it was a very clever wall artist to create so much detail. I smiled when I read it was advertising a butcher and not a restaurant as you thought , my thought when I saw it was a greengrocer.
I show just how differently we all see things.
Have a good Sunday.
Yvonne xx

Mia said...

Both sides are gorgeous! I think it is the same artist too, Elizabeth. Thank you for sharing. HAPPY HOLIDAYS, my friend.

Divers and Sundry said...

I appreciate how these large pieces add to the city's life and culture. This one has such great color! And I'm struck by how the artist shows movement. Nice!

Tom said...

...I've often missed the 'BIG picture' by not going around and checking EVERYTHING out. I'm getting better. Thanks for sharing the entire artwork. Happy New Year to you!

CJ Kennedy said...

Really beautiful murals. So colorful on this grey and rainy Sunday

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful murals.
Happy New Year Wishes to you …

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

This is a gorgeous mural. I love the ethnic feel and the beautiful colors and details. You have so many murals in your area. It must be fun to go out and see what you can find. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Beautiful paintings! I hope you will have a Happy New Year.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sharon Madson said...

Elizabeth, I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I had a fall and I broke both my wrists so I won’t be blogging for a while. Thank you.

Sami said...

Glad to have you back with a wonderful mural Elizabeth. Great artist, love the colours and details.
Thanks for participating and have a wonderful and healthy 2020 with lots of inspiration for your lovely art :)

Rita said...

Both the murals are lovely! :)

kwarkito said...

The walls make us travel, dream of other horizons. This one is superb with its exotic market from another time. Happy New Year

Bertiebo said...

We're lucky that you noticed the other side and showed it!!! I wish you a very happy New Year.

biebkriebels said...

Very pretty mural so nice painted.

Jeanie said...

It's very impressive, Elizabeth. And perfect for the venue.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Agree with Tom, how often have I had to go back to something because I didn't take the time to look around!
This is lovely.
I would like to see some of the goods in the store.

DVArtist said...

The murals are just gorgeous. I would agree it is the same artist. Really wonderful photos of them. Happy New year to you and your family.

Caty said...

These murals are very beautiful Elizabeth!! Love the scene and happy colours,
Very Happy New Year dear friend, enjoy !
Biiig hugs, CAty

Let's Art Journal said...

I'm loving the murals! The colours and images look so vibrant and full of life 😀. Wishing you a happy New Year too, may it be filled with peace happiness and love! Hugs, Jo x