Monday, December 30, 2019

2 Sisters


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I thought I would share another Art Journal Journey entry using Yvonne, aka Meggymay's theme which is Words and Numbers.  This will be my final January Art Journal Journey post, since T Tuesday will take us through the end of the year.

I'm afraid I wasn't very good at the title of the piece, but it was the only title that came to me.  Obviously, I call it 2 Sisters

I've done a lot more coloring and stenciling this month than I normally would.


I love the little sister with her high top shoes, her basket, her doll, and her shawl.  She has laid her umbrella down because she doesn't need it inside.

Big sister is showing her how to use the scales.

She's wearing a blue dress that compliments her yellow hair.

They are obviously having fun.

Big sister's high top shoes are out of the way of the spilled veggies on the floor. 

These are two very happy sisters.

For this page, I ran a sheet of 110 lb card stock through my laser printer to create the images of the little girls.  Once printed, I set out to color as many parts of the page as I felt I could.  I have limited colors in my set of water soluble crayons, and the baskets and shoes were already brown, so adding brown to the chair and the bench would have, in my opinion, taken away from the effect meant for the two girls, who were the stars of the page.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled that you stopped by today.  We hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey, too.  You still have a day to join us before we welcome a new host and a new challenge theme.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful image on your page. Have a great day, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Dressing up in a world of their own and make believe. 2 sisters is a perfect title for your page. I love the way the chair looks like a shop counter. I haven't brothers or sisters so my cousins filled the gap and we did play games like this.
I have really loved seeing your interpretations of the theme this month and for all the support you have given me to settle in at AJJ
Yvonne xx

Iris Flavia said...

I am the older sister to a ... Brother.
I always wished for a big Brother to protect me. He does that now :-)
But no matter if boy or girl, when young it´s the same! The wee one comes up with all that stuff and you have to explain and deal with it.
Very well pictured!

I love that carrot! And the brolly!
And the memories you gave me with this beautiful work!
Thank you!

froebelsternchen said...

So lovely...
I always wished I have had an older or a younger sister. But at least I got a wonderful daughter...lol.. and some lovely girl friends ! You are one of them!

Wishing you and the boys a Happy New Year dear Elizabeth - I hope it's the best year ever for you that wait around the corner - thanks for all the wonderful inspiration and thank you for all you did this year to support me in such a wonderful way.
All the best for Art Journal Journey ! May it bring joy to you and all to meet there and to inspire each other in such a wonderful way!

We had to put our younger ( nearly 10 years old ) Ridgeback girl to sleep on 25th. She just felt so good until a few days before Christmas. We visited the vet and saw that the cancer was just big big big and metastases everywhere. We were so shattered.
The Vet was so nice and came then after calling him to our house to put her to sleep. Now we have just our pourly nearly 14 years old Liyongo here who obviously misses her.

I am not so sad as my hubby. He misses her extremly and can't believe it until now that it went so quickly.

I am just thankful for the many years with her.She was such an angel!
Her mother died at the same age and also abruptly and unexpected - the same illness - we heard it just now.

Big hugs

Susi

Jeanie said...

These two sisters are adorable. I love this style of art and it makes for a perfect page.

Divers and Sundry said...

Playtime! Remembering moments like these help us realize what all is possible in our creative minds :)

CJ Kennedy said...

A very sweet page. Makes me think of my girlies last week, late at night, after we went to bed. They were still up talking and laughing. Music to my ears.

Nancy said...

Such detail in this sweet image! Also, wanted to note for you- the product that lines the leaf bowls you saw on my blog is hard and rigid until it is warmed with the heat and steam from an iron. Then it becomes soft and pliable so it can be molded. When it cools it holds its shape. Bosal is the product name.

DVArtist said...

Wow I just love this. There is so much detail, like right down to the high top shoes and the love in the little faces.

Caty said...

This is a super Wonderful Art journal page elizabeth !! I loove the image of the two sisters, they are so sweet. Love how you have coloured them. Great !
I wish you a very Happy New Year 2020, full of good moments.
Hugs and kisses for you and the boys.
Caty

Cindy McMath said...

A very sweet image you chose Elizabeth, and expertly coloured. It reminds me of the original Alice in Wonderland illustrations. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Eileen Bergen said...

I love your coloring, Elizabeth. You chose the perfect colors for the 2 sisters. Eileen xx

kathyinozarks said...

This is really a sweet one
Thank you for letting me know about Sharon

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely art journal page Elizabeth, and a belated Merry Christmas to you and yours! Per your comment, I'm going to include that peppermint bark coffee photo in my T-Day post, which won't pop out until midnight my time (11 pm your time I think).

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous! It looks like the two girls are having fun and I love the way you coloured them 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful page this sister!!!
greetings elke

Words and Pictures said...

They are utterly charming, and I really love your subtle tinting of the image - it brings it to life without overpowering all the delicate details. A delightful page.
Alison x