Saturday, December 28, 2019

One is a lonely number


I'm foregoing Saturday Afternoon at the the Movies this week in order to once again join Yvonne, aka Meggymay, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Words and Numbers.

I've been thinking about this since the first day of the month.  1 is a lonely number is not just a saying,

it is filled with truth, too.





For this journal page, I began by swiping dye reinker on baby wipe over my substrate, 110 lb card stock.  I printed the words on red and white copier/printer paper and personally created the number.  I found the image in a travel magazine, cut out the relevant part, and adhered it and the words to the page using glue stick.  Finally, I drew dots around the words and number using a metallic gel pen.

Thank you beyond belief for stopping by today.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey.  There's still time to join in this month,


20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Elizabeth, love the cheery parrot image. Have a fun day. Just watching the day break here. Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I agree. I once went to a real pet store. I was around 12 years old, there was no internet or such to quickly do a research, plus I was a kid in a "professional" store (I thought).
They gave me one mouse, a very intelligent gerbil.
The poor girl lived 2 1/2 years. Just with me. Years later I read they need their real companions.
At least she roamed free and came to play with me and told me stories and grew old, but when I was at school, 1 is a lonely number.

So, despite I love your artwork it kinda makes me sad. But I guess that was your intention a bit, to make people aware of this problem with (some) pets.
Still it´s a beautiful work!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What a nice creative journal!
Good weekend, Elke

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the juxtaposition of the colorful parrot with the sad quote. (Oh, and now I have an ear worm from the song, too). However, it’s worth noting, there’s also a difference to being alone and lonely

sirkkis said...

Yes, my dear, but the second could bring a good company... :)
Let's see next year :))

Mia said...

Great journal page, Elizabeth. Great background, thank you for the inspiration. I love the dots on sentiment and number and... how true this sentiment is! Happy Holidays, my dear friend.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth. Number 1 may be a stand alone number but your page sure is a number 1 winner for me. I love the scene this parrot lives in and the details you added to the words and number.
The subject of '1' is thought provoking in many ways especially at this time of the year.
The parrot really brightens the day with its colourful feathers and perhaps coy, 'who me' look it is giving. This is another awesome page for the Art journal journey theme.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a great page but it does make me a little sad too. Especially since it is one of those times of year when it is all about not being one. If you were near to me I would have invited you to join us for cinnamon rolls and cookies (well real food also) and even had my husband gotten you a silly hat. And of course picking the scarlet macaw for this page is a good choice as they mate for life and are lost souls when their mate dies. And one being left of a species (although luckily not there yet for these birds, but for many) is also not good. So you have so many levels in this piece. But on the happy side this is the title to a great old song. Hope it is a good Saturday. hugs-Erika

RO said...

I love the vivid color display, and yes, that saying is very much true, and there are days that I can definitely relate. Hope your Saturday is pretty amazing. The weather here is almost a heatwave once again. (lol) Hugs, RO

Birgit said...

I love the blue background with the brushstrokes. The #1 can be a lonely number but can mean yo7 are #1 in someone’s eyes. You are a winner n something, or whatever but I do like your #’s and the whole page you made..

Divers and Sundry said...

And now I have "One is the Loneliest Number" stuck in my head. I always loved that song :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ab8BOu4LE

Dortesjs said...

Wish you Happy New Year - I hope it's the best year ever for you that wait around the corner - thanks for inspiration and keep it comming ;O))

kathyinozarks said...

Love your journal page-but as soon as I read the title the song stuck in my head right away-I just noticed someone else commented this too-haha Great page-its raining like crazy here right now-Hugs Kathy

Rita said...

Yes, people and animals and even plants like company. Truth to that. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I think this is lovely, so colourful.

All the best Jan

Eileen Bergen said...

Very thought-provoking page, Elizabeth. My greatest fear in life is being the lonely 1 left behind. Eileen xx

Jeanie said...

You're right, Elizabeth. One IS a lonely number. This is beautiful interpretation of it.

DVArtist said...

You are so creative and thoughtful in your art. Makes you so special.

Let's Art Journal said...

Amazing page! I love the red against the blue and the parrot looks so cheeky too ...lol 😉. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x