Friday, November 29, 2019

Grilled!


Today will be my final entry this month honoring Rike at Rike's Art our host this month at Art Journal Journey and her theme Fruit and Veggies

This is aptly titled Fresh off the Grill.

Some veggies are still in the harvest stage, though.


Peaches and red peppers,

along with corn, are perfect for grilling.

You are adding that bit of char as only a grill can.


I wanted to show how deformed this journal page was, even after I left it several days under a heavy book and sewed the card stock weight bookmarks to the page.

For this journal page, I started with a sheet of watercolor paper I cut to 8.5 X 11 inches (21,59 X 27,94 centimeter), then colored with black water soluble crayon.  I had three bookmarks I had saved since 2015, so I sewed them to the substrate.  I also had some veggie markers I'd saved for two years.  I tried to sew them under the bookmarks, but the thread broke because of their thickness.  I couldn't believe it when I found this sentiment in another magazine.  It was the perfect addition.

UPDATE: I just noticed that Moo-Mania and More's challenge this fortnight is Use your scraps.  The veggie markers I've hung onto for a couple of years should qualify.

 Thank you so very much for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We love it when you drop by to visit.  We would also like to see you at AEDM and Art Journal Journey.  And don't forget Moo-Mania and More.



This is Day 29 of Art Every Day Month (AEDM), hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas and I created a journal page for Art Journal Journey.  Just one more day to go and this challenge will be in the bag for another year!

23 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I had that, too, deformed despite I used just a little bit of glue and put weight on it afterwards.
Some papers maybe just are like that?
Or because of the sewing (in your case, as I sadly cannot sew)?

But it looks very yummy anyways, and, seesh!!! I think somewhere we still have BBQ-corn, hope it´s not able to run already, I need to look later!
Hmmm, peaches to grill is new to me. When does summer start again???

Hope you are better by now?

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page with yummy veggies, great sewing. I don't often iron my laundry, but I do sometimes iron my creations from the back to get them flatter! Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely fruit and veggies again, Elisabeth. Wonderful and definitely mouth watering. Sewing them in position makes all the difference.
Have a great day.
Cath x

Rike said...

Now I am hungry! Your artjournal page looks very delicious! Funny how your saved pieces fit together to a wonderful page for one theme - fresh off the grill! Your sewing looks amazing!
Thank you very much for your last entry to my theme at AJJ, very appreciated!
Wish you a happy weekend! Rike xx

froebelsternchen said...

A fabulous piece! Gorgeous!

froebelsternchen said...

Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such an amazing page! The fabulous grilled veg look very appetising and I love your design, I'm not sure how your sewing machine managed to see through all that thickness though ...ha, ha 😀. The wording was a great find too - perfect! Happy Friday and wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

craftytrog said...

This is a fabulous page Elizabeth! Those veggies look delicious! xx

Sami said...

It looks lovely Elizabeth. I think they would make beautiful postage stamps :)
Have a lovely weekend.

NatureFootstep said...

lol, I think I will give this to my daughter, they like to grill a lot. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

Tasty! I don't ever grill and do my "roasting" in my kitchen oven, but your page is making me remember the great taste of grilled veggies. It can't be beat :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Fourteen entries this month, Elizabeth! You're amazing! It's a great page. Love all the stitching. Eileen xx

DVArtist said...

This is fabulous. I love the off the grill. Reminds me of summer and goodness.

Meggymay said...

I can imagine the smell and the flavour of those grilled vegetables. For me this would be summer cooking on the out door grill. The fire alarm is so sensitive that it sets off, even frying an onion. I roast in the oven in winter.
It is a fantastic page and does make my mouth water for grilled veg.
Yvonne xx

Susan Kane said...

Oh those look so tasty. I could go for these!

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like these scraps. They are making me hungry, and look healthy too. (Important after all yesterday's food). This is such a great page. Have a super weekend. Hugs-Erika

peppylady (Dora) said...

I heard of art every day of month I need to look into it.
Coffee is on

Elkes Lebensglück said...

a creative vegetable side, great!
greetings Elke

Rosie said...

Very nice tags

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Words and Pictures said...

Yum, from seedpacket to chargrilling... delicious vegetables all the way! It's a great page for Rike's theme.
Alison x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love those stitched fruit & Veg pockets one of my favourite ways to cook veg is to grill them, delicious. Hugs Tracey x

Jeanie said...

Some pages never settle. Looks good enough to eat!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm trying not to think of food but how can I help it seeing this fabulous fruit and veg page! Chrisx