Thursday, October 3, 2019

Wish upon a star


Today I'm joining Eileen aka The Artful Crafter our host this month at Art Journal Journey.   Her theme is Dreams and/or Wishes.

That's why today I've decided to

"Wish

upon

a

Star."

I'll leave you with a few detail shots.








For this page I began with a stencil and homemade modeling/molding paste that I added to black construction paper.  Since it was small, I turned the stencil several times so it would be different each time.  Unfortunately, I did a terrible job spreading the paste, which had gotten quite thick.  I computer generated and printed the words, then backed them with part of a thick cardboard box.  Finally, I used red sticky tape to adhere the words to the page.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.  I am very grateful and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own dreams or wishes.  


25 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

That is a wondrful idea, A nightsky full of stars and each star means a wish, gorgeous. I think you did a fab job with the stencil!
A wonderful entry for the new topic at AJJ Elizabeth!
Have a great day!
Big hugs, Susi

Helen said...

I like the thick paste, it gives definition.

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a gorgeous page full of stars, great idea. Very effective, too. Have a great day, Valerie

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Love the theme, and the stencil effect came out so nicely. It's beautiful!

My name is Erika. said...

What an awesome star pattern! I really like how all the stars are not the same. It is perfect for the Dream challenge too.I could have slept later today, it is chilly, who wants to roll out of bed? Smile. Happpy Thursday. Hugs-Erika

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, yes - that's lovely. So simple but so effective. Love the texture of the stars, and the bold white against the dark shadows of the night works perfectly.
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, and I think the imperfections of the spreading of the paste are what really makes the page!

kathyinozarks said...

perfect for the theme and I love your textured stars

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is fantastic Elizabeth. I love celestial themes.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a yummy page, Elizabeth. I love all the texture and wish I could reach in and finger it. The white stars on deep blue create a perfect night sky for wishing. Thank you for joining my dream theme at AJJ. Eileen xx

CJ Kennedy said...

I love stars and have had a recurring theme of night skies in my dreams. Serendipity as your Wish Upon a Star coincides with the Pinocchio image from Erika's post. Your page made me smile.

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely page Elizabeth. I think your handmade paste adds a nice texture. When you buy it, it comes in light or heavy, so maybe it’s transformed since you made it! :)

RO said...

I'm hopelessly behind on blog visits because I have too many projects going on right now, and so sorry. When I looked at your lovely star project I immediately thought of the Dallas Cowboys, and have passed the pics on to my son to peek at. Very wonderful artwork! Hugs, RO

Birgit said...

I love this page with the stars. I am impressed that you made your own paste! I have put embossing paste on too thick before and too thin too. It's not as easy as one often sees. Now I shall make my wish:)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

this design would make a nice garden flag Elizabeth !!

N whiefish wavez two ewe bleu & squiggles, hope yur week waz good N yur week endz even better !! :) ☺☺♥♥

Jeanie said...

I haven't worked in molding paste for ages but boy, I loved it. The texture it gives your stars here is just beautiful!

Caty said...

OOhh I adore this Art page Elizabeth !! The stars are super gorgeous, looove the texture, this is so great !!
I wish you a very nice Friday, and send biiig hugs,
Caty

Rita said...

Looks great!! :)

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for sharing, Elizabeth! It reminds me so much of our nights in the Australian Outback.
No light pollution, the stars were so bright!
In Broome you find the oldest open air cinema in the world, Sun Pictures (haha, funny name, right?).

In 1995 we watched Forrest Gump there. The kitchy night-sky went straight into the real sky!
All those stars!!
And everywhere we travelled there in 1999, the stars! Our very best year in life!

sirkkis said...

Yes, to see a star flight is a possibility to wish. It is magical as your interpretation. Fabulous texture you created.
Have a happy weekend ahead xx

Meggymay said...

A wonderful page, stars in the night sky always look magical.Maybe wishing on such a night would make your wish come true,, there I go dreaming and imagining again.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

I love all of those textured stars Elizabeth! Great idea for Eileen's theme.
Alison xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love this! What a good idea to turn the stencil, and I love the idea of using cardboard backing to elevate the words to add depth. Cool!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Tres Cool, Elizabeth, very nice interpretation of the theme! I'm drawing a blank so far but I'll come up with something hopefully. Have a good week, xoxo

Rike said...

Very clever interpretation of the theme! Your stars in 3D really glow on this black cardboard and the words pop up too!
Wish you a happy day and many wishes fulfilled!
Rike xx