Saturday, September 7, 2019

Be positive


For those of you expecting Saturday Afternoon at the Movies, it is on hiatus for a couple of weeks.  I have so many challenges in which I want to participate, something had to go

Erika, aka Bio Art Gal, is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her themes plaid, stripes, polka dots, and patterns.

Moo-Mania and More's latest challenge theme is Use a stamp.  These are the two stamps I used, one of which was gifted (thanks Valerie), one I made myself.

I call this Be positive.

I'll let you peruse these close-ups.




For this spread that I created in my newest altered book, I began by laying down some Titan Green fluid acrylic I recently purchased.  When it was dry, I stamped the repeating Chevron stamp I made in April, 2017.  For this I used black pigment ink, so I had to let it dry before I could proceed.  Next, I added the butterfly.  I tried to stamp it using gold pigment ink, but the gold had obviously dried to the point of no return.  In desperation, I changed to pink and tried to stamp over the butterfly in the same place.  Although I tried to line it up, sadly, I missed.  The other two butterflies were stamped in only pink.  Finally, I added the Be positive message.

Thanks for visiting today.  I'm always happy when you drop by.  I hope you will join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey and Moo-Mania and More, too.

19 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

Being positive is so important! I love how clever you used the two stamps - it nearly is a clean and simple entry ! GORGEOUS!
Your selfmade chevron stamp is super , really well carved and you achieved such a great pattern on this spread with it- wow!
Happy Saturday dear Elizabeth!
Thank you for supporting Art Journal Journey as well as Moo Mania & More with this wonderful journal entry! Much appreciated! ♥♥♥

Big , big hugs,
Susi

Rike said...

Be positive is important! You stayed positive although the gold pigment ink did not do what you wanted - and you used pink instead, successful!
I admire your self carved Chevron stamp - really well done!
Have a happy weekend! Rike xx

My name is Erika. said...

I just adore that stamp you made. It makes a terrific background for certain! And the butterfly is like the icing on the cake, as they say. I like how you used a pastel color. It is like how a butterfly is so delicate compared to so much in the environment which doesn't always seem very delicate. Rain here today. WE are off to northern Vermont where it is not suppose to be raining, I hope. This is the left over from Hurricane Dorian I believe, unless this is another front the weather people didn't mention. We are off to do a giant corn maze today so hopefully they didn't get rain so it won't be really muddy. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for joining into AJJ and supporting my challenge. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Your chevron stamp is amazing. I tried to carve a stamp once. Never again. The chevrons make me think of the butterfly seen on edge. Cool. Have fun making art.

Caty said...

Wooowwww I looove your chevron stamp Elizabeth !! You are the queen of carving !! I may try to carve one anyday. Your Art spread pages are really Gorgeous, I love the contrast between the green of the background and the black of your chevron stamp, and I loooove this wonderful butterfly stamp, in pink it ´s fantastic !! The sentiment is great too, very very important to be positive, always. spectacular spread !!
I wish you a very nice afternoon and Sunday, and send you big hugsssss,
Caty

Cindy McMath said...

Great stamp Elizabeth and I love the Titan Green paint, don’t you?

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that chevron stamp :) And I thought a slightly off stamping pattern was a way to add dimension to the image. It looks good to me :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, great chevron stamp. Enjoy your weekend, Valerie

Marfi-topia said...

this looks So good! you did an awesome job on the carving too!!!

Meggymay said...

Your own made stamp looks great,It must have taken you a long time to cut the chevrons , they line up perfectly. The pretty pink butterfly is a wonderful delicate contrast . The positive message addition really appealed to me tonight.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Great sentiment! :)
Sorry your gold ink pad is dried up, though.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous and positivity is the best for saving our precious energy...many thrive of negativity and their life is a misery, I love positive, happy vibes coming from ths post..hugs.

Rosie said...

Fantastic

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Jeanie said...

I really like the chevron stamp you made. I'm impressed that the cuts on the chevron are so straight and even. I should think that would be very hard to do! You do such an amazing job meeting all your challenges. I confess, I would end up being a slacker. Every idea is different and works. Bravo.

craftytrog said...

A great message and I love the chevrons Elizabeth!

Trillian As said...

You made a simple but effective stamp. Great message.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful chevron stamp Elizabeth.

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - your chevron stamp gives such a bold graphic energy to these pages, and then those delicate pink butterflies are in complete contrast. Positivity is key - and I love the tiny reminder to hold on to that thought.
Alison x

sirkkis said...

A stunning background and an eye-catching butterfly on it.
Happy weekend xx