Monday, July 1, 2019

ICADs, week 6, June ICAD wrap-up, and a new host at Art Journal Journey


These are my ICADs for week 6 and a mosaic of my full month of June.

Day 25

Day 26

Day 27

Day 28
 
Day 29

Day 30

June, 2019 ICADs

Day 31
Thanks for stopping by to see this week's ICADs.  If you want to join,

please click on this ICAD on my right sidebar.  It will take you to Tammy's blog.  Thanks, too, for your continued support of this summer project.

We also have a new host at Art Journal Journey.  It is my friend Chris at Pear Shaped Crafting, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is We're all/(with the option) going.  What a coincidence, since today we are going to Greenland.

Nuuk is Greenland's capital.  It is also the largest city with approximately 18,000 residents.  To make matters even more amazing, Greenland is the world's largest island.  It is located a few miles east of Canada.

Nuuk is famous for its fjord.  This intricate water system is the second largest in the world. Nuuk is also famous for its beautiful panoramic mountain that is called Ukkusissaq, which means "soap stone."  

The architecture is similar to the photo.  Many people live in these colorful houses that meet the icy waters right on the fjord below.

The Danish krone or kroner (DKK) is the official currency in all of Greenland, including Nuuk. 

Don't forget to watch for the Northern Lights, which are best seen in December and January of every year in Nuuk.  It's a free light show, where all you have to do is show up once it's dark!

An interesting fact is there are no roads in Greenland.  You either go to other cities by helicopter, small plane, boat (with limited access and itineraries), or dog sled.

For this page I created in my Challenges altered book, I started with a sheet of black card stock I cut to size.  I added several colors of Twinkling H20s.  The top H20s are supposed to represent the Northern Lights, while the bottom is intended to be the fjord.  When dry, I inked a rubber stamp with Versamark, then embossed the page using copper embossing powder.  An image from a travel magazine became the focal image, and I hand wrote the name of the city and country using a metallic gel pen.

Thanks beyond belief for joining Bleubeard and me today.  I hope you will join Chris, Susi, Bleubeard, and me this month at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by We're all/going, too.  Please be aware, we want to see your altered book pages, journal pages, loose journal art, canvases, fabric pages, and digital art.  However, we cannot accept cards, ATCs, ATCoins, or tags, and will be forced to delete your entry.

18 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

WOW - WOW - WOW and once again WOW!

Fantastic ICADs and the page for the new theme is super!!!! I hope you will show us many places this month in your continents and traveling Altered books.
Isn't that a fab theme to continue or complete those?!

Happy July dear Co.-Admin!
Big hugs, Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful ICADS and a lovely page to start the month. Have a good one, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thanks so much for posting all those ICADs together Elizabeth it's a great catch up for me having to take advantage on any free online time. Don't they look grand all together, they'd make a great wall art feature.
Love the scope of the new AJJ challenge, keeping everything crossed to be able to play along this month but in the meantime I will just enjoy where you will take us. Greenland seems my kind of get away!!
Happy July Hugs Tracey xx

Sami said...

Lovely collage of your June ICADs Elizabeth :)
Have a lovely week.

Words and Pictures said...

More great ICADs - I love the collage of old papers - and so amazing to see the whole of June's ICAD creativity all lined up together. I love your AJJ page - I do wish we were all going to Greenland! I've never been, but have loved my other visits to the Nordic countries (Denmark and Norway mainly), and that little red house looks very familiar. The twinkling Northern Lights are lovely!
Alison x

CJ Kennedy said...

Hard to believe you are halfway through the ICAD challenge. The mushroom house made me smile. A trip to Greenland would be wonderful. Seeing the Aurora Borealis is on my bucket list

My name is Erika. said...

I think I finally figured out how to get this to post a comment. Now that I am only 2 days away from going home. 😀. Love this weeks Icads and I have always wanted to say I have been to Greenland. Well maybe just for a day trip. I don’t think I’d want to stay. Your page is great and you made some super icads this week. Wow July. Be home in a couple of days. Driving east across most of SD today. Happy July. Hugs Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed following your ICAD journey this month and love that mosaic of all the pieces. Such a cool project! :)

Helen said...

great ICADS Elizabeth but I really came to thank you for the comments on Saturday's Kew post - I am glad the youngsters enjoyed the photos too and passed on comments - thank them for me.

craftytrog said...

A fantastic collection of ICADs Elizabeth, and a great page for chris' new theme.
Happy July,
Alison xx

sheila 77 said...

A trip to Greenland! I know nothing about Greenland as we had terrible Geography teachers at school, so I was fascinated by some of these facts. No roads in Greenland! A mountain called "Soap Stone"! Greenland is the world's largest island! And all else (including using the Danish Kroner). Well for me who disliked the subject Geography very much, these are all very interesting facts.
I love your associated artwork, made in your own unique way, with the Northern lights and the fjord and colourful house.
I also enjoyed seeing your Icads and my favourite is Day 30 because of the stitching and the colours.

Cindy McMath said...

Wow fabulous ICADs and lovely Greenland journal page. I think Day 25 really gives that looser style you keep saying you want to do - bravo! It is my favourite of the week. Love seeing them all together- I posted my first 30 yesterday as well, so drop by if you have a chance. And of course how can I not love your canada Day special? Hugs from Toronto.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your Icads, especially 25 and 27! Love seeing them all together! Your Greenland page is fabulous! I hope to see more of your Geography lessons during July! Thank you so much for asking me and for your brilliant first page! Hugs, Chris xx

Linda Kunsman said...

super collection of ICADS!! I can't believe a month has gone already. Your mosaic of them looks great! I don't have a clue how you do that.And oh, to actually see the northern lights...

Neet said...

Wow, how much did I enjoy finding out about Greenland. Thanks for all the information, most of which I didn't know.
Thanks also for the latest icads and the mosaic of the whole month's supply.
Hugs to you and Bleubeard, and not forgetting Squiggles.
Neet xxx

Jeanie said...

25 and 30 are my favorites but I always enjoy seeing all you do!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, Elizabeth, when am I getting my degree since I've now been to Encyclopedia Britannica School? Heehee - seriously, that is some interesting stuff!!!! Here I thought all these years Australia was the biggest island! And no roads? Eegads! I did not realize the Danish influence but I suppose it must have been those Viking Hunks from long ago - shall have to continually visualize that and ruminate. heeheehee Well, okay, moving right along (reluctantly), I send my apologies for calling you a grandma, you are in fact an unofficial adopted mom. That is such a sweet story and I thank you for taking the time to tell it to me. You are a real jewel and treasure in this world! xoxox

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us, and taking us all along with you!