Thursday, April 4, 2019

Fabric paper revisited


I'm sure several of you saw my Second Thursday Tutorial where I created fabric paper.  Today I'm making another.  It will adhere to the back of the piece I made previously.

I chose some beautiful tissues, both decorative and plain, along with dress pattern tissues.

These dry so slowly in my chilly craft room.  Now I must cut the fabric paper to size.

For Day 4 of 22, I recycled and repurposed used tissue and dress maker tissues, along with some new, albeit ugly fabric I purchased one year in a thrift shop.  All tissues were gifted, some of which were used to hide gifts in gift bags or used to wrap around gifts in boxes.

Thank you for joining me today.  I'm so happy you stopped by.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

This will be interesting to see when it's finished. I know what you mean about waiting for things to dry, I have the same problem just now with my laundry which isn't drying in this damp and chilly weather. I was surprised to read your comment about wavy tiles being unusual over there, nearly all houses here have them. I love watching the workers when they are roofing the houses, they are so skilled. Have a nice day, Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful, Elisabeth. I've never seen tissue paper over here half as beautiful as the stuff you can get over there. I had a whale of a time hunting for it when last over. It's so much less expensive but so very useful for wrapping and for art.
Look forward to seeing how you use this.
Cath x

My name is Erika. said...

The flower tissue looks so pretty on top of the lilac colored paper. I save tissue paper also (when I get it) to reuse. It seems such a waste to just throw it out. Especially when you can do such fun things with it! Hope you have a great Thursday. Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

I am looking forward to the finished dry creation, you are very clever and so patient in your fabulous makes. Have a lovely day.x

froebelsternchen said...

Be patient Dr.E.! Things need time....♥♥♥
This looks so super already - I am sure there will come something specially to being with it!
Happy Day dear Elizabeth!
Hugs, Susi

R's Rue said...

Love.

Cindy McMath said...

Very pretty!,

Sandra said...

So pretty...

CJ Kennedy said...

Looking forward to seeing what you will make with this fabric tissue or tissue fabric.

Mia said...

Lovely fabric paper, Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

Yes, waiting for it to dry takes a while, doesn't it! I'm keeping an eye on this process, as it looks so different from anything I've ever done while still looking doable for me. Thx!

Jeanie said...

Drying time is never fun but essential. I'll look forward to seeing what comes of this project when finished. The colors are beautiful and I have great expectations!

Dianne said...

I have never made this stuff...can you believe that?! and really should try it. I don't think the fabric is ugly, but I like pink... happy 'Spring!'

Meggymay said...

You certainly have lots of patience waiting for your work to dry. It will look beautiful, it looks lovely already in the photos you shared.
Yvonne xx

Caty said...

Woow this fabric paper looks so wonderful Elizabeth !! I love the flowers and the colours, and I´m sure you will create a lovely Artwork with it, can´t wait to see it :) I have to try it too.
I wish you a very nice Friday, and send
Big hugs, Caty

Rita said...

Great project. Be fun to see how it turns out. :)

Words and Pictures said...

This looks amazing... I'm going to have to check out the tutorial for sure.
Alison x

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colour of the tissue paper …

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! I really MUST give this a go! I may wait until Summer when our balcony gets really hot! Hugs, Chrisx