Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Secret Garden


I'm once again joining Erika at BioArtGal who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Vintage or Modern, and today I have definitely chosen Modern.

I call this my Secret Garden. 

I did a bit of stamping,

created a bit of collage,

got out my handmade shimmering mists,

and against my better judgement, hand wrote the label.

For this page, I began with a sheet of 110 lb card stock I folded in half and colored using various dye inks.  I added it to my Challenges altered book, then created a Secret Garden collage.

Thank you for joining Bleubeard and me today at both Art Journal Journey and


Day 24 of Art Every Day Month (AEDM).

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely collage! Valerie

Cindy McMath said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the colours.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful modern work of art, lovely blue there.x

johanna said...

love these vibrant colors with splashes of gold... and of course coming to the center with the rose as the focal point of the secret garden.
enjoy your day, it´s raining here (which i´m thankful for!!) xox

froebelsternchen said...

It is so beautiful - I love the design so much - you created this secret garden with so much charming love!
Wonderful layout! You overdo yourself again this month with creating wonderful artwork! Hope you feel better my friend!
Wishing you a very happy day and say thank you very much for such a brilliant entry for the AJJ theme
dear Co.-Admin!
Can't get calming down enough this month for creating art.
Here is so much on the agenda every day that I hardly manage to comment on all the entries....
All the artists are so extremely creative this month.

Big hugs and lots of LOVE from
Susi

Meggymay said...

I love your modern page and the fantastic collage of your Secret Garden. The title immediately made me think of Frances Hodgson Burnett's book , an all time favourite of mine.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

I love the colors in this -- it's just so darned happy! And I agree about being reminded of the book, which I loved.

Thanks for your comment on the atelier. I have to tell you that as I was there, many of my art-blogger friends were with me in spirit and I wished you were all standing beside me at the moment. It was like a mega-collage that kept changing. So beautiful. Thanks again for coming by!

CJ Kennedy said...

This would make such a pretty garden flag. I love the flourish at the top which reminds me of gentle breezes.

Sami said...

Nice secret garden Elizabeth.
Enjoy the weekend.

My name is Erika. said...

That is a sweet garden Elizabeth. Yup, modern but so pretty. And clever. And of course secret, because who knows what else is hiding within those blooms. :) Thanks for the inspiration and this great page. I appreciate your support! Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

this is a beautiful piece Elizabeth

Divers and Sundry said...

Nice title -and lettering- for this collage. It's good to remember the flowers of the summertime as we get into the colder weather :)

Acrescenta Um Ponto ao Conto said...

Queridos amigos leitores,

convidamos-vos a ler o capítulo 1 do nosso conto escrito a várias mãos "Ecos de Mentes", que esta semana chega pela mão do João J. A. Madeira, interpretando Cláudia-.
https://contospartilhados.blogspot.com/2018/11/ecos-de-mentes-capitulo-1.html

Sempre com muito carinho por vós,
saudações literárias!

TammyVitale said...

bright colors and great design! You certainly are prolific!

Rita said...

Very pretty! :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I love your patchwork of squares and the introduction of the modern bold print with that vintage flower design. Your handwritten script deserves to be framed.
Wish I had more time to play along.
Creative wishes Tracey x

Janet said...

Very nice, and actually I think it fits into both vintage AND modern! That's a neat trick! I love how you are so willing to experiment. I tend to find a style and stick to it. I never know what to expect from you! And that's a good thing.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your patchwork secret garden! Chrisx