Saturday, October 27, 2018

Into the sunset


Today will be my final journal page for Art Journal Journey this month with Linda of heARTfully inspired by Linda who is hosting with her theme Creature Comforts.  It is only fitting I've chosen warm colors

as I sail into the sunset.

I thought my orange handmade paper (HMP) made a good sailboat.  I added a sail made from hand painted paper that was washed out possibly by the sunset.  The mast (at least I hope that is what the sail attached to it is called) was made using washi tape and the sail was being held in place with a black gel pen.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey.

14 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

I just got up here but I wouldn't mind sailing off into the sunset! Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

That page warms my soul this morning as it is grey and rainy here! I want to sail with you into the sunset!
A fantastic last entry for Linda's theme dear Elizabeth!
Happy Sunday and get well wishes for you!
hugs,Susi

Nancy said...

I could sit and enjoy that sunset for awhile! Great theme- it fits the moment.

Meggymay said...

This would be a lovely destination to take some sunshine. It is a fabulous page.
We woke to snow this morning, thankfully it didn't last long.
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

oh what a welcoming scene this is, and I would love to be there on that boat. Fantastic looking boat design Elizabeth!!

RO said...

Even though I'm no fn of warm weather, your artwork makes me want to sail off into the sunset for a moment or two. Very lovely and soothing. Hope you're feeling better today! Hugs...RO

sheila 77 said...

Lovely and summery, Elizabeth. A washi tape mast! - first one ever, I'm sure.
Hope you are feeling very much better.
love from Sheila

My name is Erika. said...

Warm would be good right now. It is sleeting here. I love this beautiful sunset and your sailboat. Oh for the Saturdays when it was boating season. :) Hope you are feeling better. Hugs-Erika

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Cute page, Elizabeth. Love the texture on our handmade paper.

CJ Kennedy said...

Makes me long for Summer

Divers and Sundry said...

That handmade paper is wonderful! I've been looking at those kits online. Looks like fun :)

craftytrog said...

What a wonderful sunset page! Xx

Cindy McMath said...

Love your little boat!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful page - that fabulous sunset looks great with your super little boat! Hugs, Chrisx